New Tyres for VR

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Give Land Golden a test so that next time can give feedback to those who come and ask you about it. :biggrin:

I'll show a picture that he showed me about his tyre bulge.
Something like that. My friend tyre shop got sell so ask me to try. Actually Landsail also from his shop....lol:rofl:

Yup, looks like hit damage but to be able to damage runflat must be big heavy hit....:smokin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Something like that. My friend tyre shop got sell so ask me to try. Actually Landsail also from his shop....lol:rofl:

Yup, looks like hit damage but to be able to damage runflat must be big heavy hit....:smokin:
But you are already eyeing Goodyear Asym 3. :biggrin:

He told me the BMW SC don't want to replace for him. He got angry, come to me and ask me what tyres to buy.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
He must have hit a nasty pothole or something really hard to pregnant a runflat Goodyear like that.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But you are already eyeing Goodyear Asym 3. :biggrin:

He told me the BMW SC don't want to replace for him. He got angry, come to me and ask me what tyres to buy.
Not really, I eye whatever I think can be good and are value for money. I change also because old tyres cracking dy and my size Asy3 also not here yet. When arrive I can still transfer my Landgolden to the hyundai. Hyundai on GY Asy2 are even older, coming 5 years, so just nice....lol

Hit damage sure SC won't warranty loh...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
He must have hit a nasty pothole or something really hard to pregnant a runflat Goodyear like that.
I don't know why I always hear stories of Good Year tyres having pregnant bulge. Heard cases before on people saying can happen on Duraplus. Another friend using Good Year GT3 that came stock on his Jazz 185/60/15 is also affected with bulge on 2 of his tyres in less than a year usage.

Not really, I eye whatever I think can be good and are value for money. I change also because old tyres cracking dy and my size Asy3 also not here yet. When arrive I can still transfer my Landgolden to the hyundai. Hyundai on GY Asy2 are even older, coming 5 years, so just nice....lol

Hit damage sure SC won't warranty loh...
Wouldn't you be worried about the tyres when they got to 3 years and above? I thought are those who will change when the tyres are around 3 years old.

He said, SC can just ask Good Year for the tyre, not BMW at loss also. lol

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I don't know why I always hear stories of Good Year tyres having pregnant bulge. Heard cases before on people saying can happen on Duraplus. Another friend using Good Year GT3 that came stock on his Jazz 185/60/15 is also affected with bulge on 2 of his tyres in less than a year usage.

Wouldn't you be worried about the tyres when they got to 3 years and above? I thought are those who will change when the tyres are around 3 years old.

He said, SC can just ask Good Year for the tyre, not BMW at loss also. lol
Bulge and crack issues I hear more of Conti, Kumho, Nexen, Corsa.

Nope tyres usually I give them 4 years, then visually check them also.
My GT Radial 4 years old change out because cracking, but this issue already started when 3 years old. Tyre are from Indonesia.
My Asy 2 now 5 years getting same issues, but they lasted longer. Cracking starting after 4 years plus. Tyres from Germany...:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Bulge and crack issues I hear more of Conti, Kumho, Nexen, Corsa.

Nope tyres usually I give them 4 years, then visually check them also.
My GT Radial 4 years old change out because cracking, but this issue already started when 3 years old. Tyre are from Indonesia.
My Asy 2 now 5 years getting same issues, but they lasted longer. Cracking starting after 4 years plus. Tyres from Germany...:driver:
Maybe these low end Good Year sucks. :rofl: Seriously, I think my front Duraplus indeed sucks compared to the Vikings at rear. I can leave the Vikings untouched for long and their air pressure still looks good. For the Duraplus, around 2 months you can start to see the tyres looking like slightly running out of air. Even the Dunlop SP Sport J3 on my brother's Myvi don't need to fill in air as frequent as Duraplus. One thing I like about my Duraplus would be that it looks nice to draw white lettering to it. :rofl:

From Germany? Must be very expensive back then when new. I thought Good Year is from USA. The new Asy 3 is also from Germany?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Maybe these low end Good Year sucks. :rofl: Seriously, I think my front Duraplus indeed sucks compared to the Vikings at rear. I can leave the Vikings untouched for long and their air pressure still looks good. For the Duraplus, around 2 months you can start to see the tyres looking like slightly running out of air. Even the Dunlop SP Sport J3 on my brother's Myvi don't need to fill in air as frequent as Duraplus. One thing I like about my Duraplus would be that it looks nice to draw white lettering to it. :rofl:

From Germany? Must be very expensive back then when new. I thought Good Year is from USA. The new Asy 3 is also from Germany?
Actually you should be checking air pressure every second refill of your tank. If better check on every refill. This is good practice just in case your tyre hit a nail and have slow leak.
Let say you refill every 2 weeks. You pump 210kpa on all 4 tyres. On your next check you find 3 on 200kpa and one on 180kpa, then you know something is wrong already.
If you check every 3 months, 3 may be under inflated and one if kena nail could be nearly flat.....lol:rofl:

Asy3 I think from Germany. I have not seen it physically yet....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Actually you should be checking air pressure every second refill of your tank. If better check on every refill. This is good practice just in case your tyre hit a nail and have slow leak.
Let say you refill every 2 weeks. You pump 210kpa on all 4 tyres. On your next check you find 3 on 200kpa and one on 180kpa, then you know something is wrong already.
If you check every 3 months, 3 may be under inflated and one if kena nail could be nearly flat.....lol:rofl:

Asy3 I think from Germany. I have not seen it physically yet....
Thanks for the tip. I will take note of this now.

Asy3 haven't arrive here yet?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Two days back push VR a bit, finally made the Land Golden tyres screech....lol
Even though not the best to compete with the big names, but what to expect for a 215/45R17 for RM220.....hahhaha

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Two days back push VR a bit, finally made the Land Golden tyres screech....lol
Even though not the best to compete with the big names, but what to expect for a 215/45R17 for RM220.....hahhaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Now, I know it's not recommended to wax your car if it just came out from a paintjob.

But I'm just curious, does thia apply to cars that have been baked or just those painted in a garage?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience