New Toyota Vios Launch Malaysia

ozalkl

1,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2005
www.newmediaiq.com
as far i know this is open forum, so i will post whatever i like about the new vios.

i saw it yesterday on the road and i was like ahh.. its defenatly not my taste, i mean they could come up with better looks; despite this is like what? the 3rd generation of vios? anyhow.. i dun like any car with all the meters in the centre.. i think its driver's space and should be there not in the centre of the dash.

the new vios grill looks weird, if i would buy this car i think defenatly need to get the front n back bumpers with custom bodykit etc.. cos it dosnt look right somehow..

one more thing i think its too much plastic... i mean i dun think it will stand impact...

for those who thinks its better than wira i think u better think again...

this is what i think and my opinion...

QuickRide

Known Member
Aug 31, 2007
Let me stop this hot boiling topic.

All cars are good. All cars and I mean all cars.

There. Cased settled. NO MORE QUARRELING PEOPLE :D

kazami32

Apr 5, 2007
as far i know this is open forum, so i will post whatever i like about the new vios.

i saw it yesterday on the road and i was like ahh.. its defenatly not my taste, i mean they could come up with better looks; despite this is like what? the 3rd generation of vios? anyhow.. i dun like any car with all the meters in the centre.. i think its driver's space and should be there not in the centre of the dash.

the new vios grill looks weird, if i would buy this car i think defenatly need to get the front n back bumpers with custom bodykit etc.. cos it dosnt look right somehow..

one more thing i think its too much plastic... i mean i dun think it will stand impact...

for those who thinks its better than wira i think u better think again...

this is what i think and my opinion...

yeah same here.dislike those meter at center.look ugly for me.
no offen to any one.
tats the sound of my own view and own taste.

quickride:
no cars are all in great and perfect condition.
so wat we said is just our own view of our taste.
cheerss.......:biggrin:

QuickRide

Known Member
Aug 31, 2007
quickride:
no cars are all in great and perfect condition.
so wat we said is just our own view of our taste.
cheerss.......:biggrin:
i shall rephrase now :D

If you think the car is good then keep promote it.
If you think the car is bad then shut-up and diam diam dont say anything about it to the public(to prevent conflicts)
If you like the car you buy it
If you dont like the car dont even look at it (later sakit mata -.-")
Last but not least

If you think i'm talkng crap.. Grats.. You've just wasted 15 seconds of your life reading somewhat useless posted by me.

Cheers :D

kazami32

Apr 5, 2007
i shall rephrase now :D

If you think the car is good then keep promote it.
If you think the car is bad then shut-up and diam diam dont say anything about it to the public(to prevent conflicts)
If you like the car you buy it
If you dont like the car dont even look at it (later sakit mata -.-")
Last but not least

If you think i'm talkng crap.. Grats.. You've just wasted 15 seconds of your life reading somewhat useless posted by me.

Cheers :D
i respect ur words here.:biggrin:
is a good point u have.:biggrin:
but u cant still stop those people like hippotamus
will said sumting like tat.even can act nothing happen and no sorry for
those word he is wrong.know wat i mean lor.....
so if i am too offen i will like to say sorry.and spam too much.:biggrin:

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Let me stop this hot boiling topic.

All cars are good. All cars and I mean all cars.

There. Cased settled. NO MORE QUARRELING PEOPLE :D
Actually not true. Even one model of Ferarri has a notorious problem of parts falling off, but one thing I agree is that it is unnecessary to call someone ugly face when this is a discussion about cars.

Btw the Vios is called Yaris sedan in other countries, that is why it looks so similar to the Yaris. Just like Gen 2 and Persona, which is why I wonder they don't call it Gen 2 sedan. Actually you can use Yaris bodykits for the Vios. In Bangkok the Yaris is everywhere, even more popular than the Jazz and they do have very nice Yaris cars there with tasteful bodykits. One of the reason why it is popular there is because of the price also, only around RM60k compared to RM90k here.

Last edited:

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
RM90K for a 1.5L small family sedan? our money getting smaller or they haven't settle the AFTA tax thing?

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
our salary is peanuts compared to the cost of living.

In other first world countries $2000-3000 (of their currency) graduate salary is sufficient to buy a house and a car. Eg. AUD$2000 salary but a subaru imprezza only costs AUD$30+k. For us, RM$2000 but a subaru impreza costs RM$250k.

QuickRide

Known Member
Aug 31, 2007
Thats because of import tax. Other wise cost would be much much much lower dont you agree? Imagine the mercedes SLR McClaren without the import tax. current price is 6m-7m with import tax am I right? Take away the 200% import and you'll get the price.

We're still a developing country as well. This means that our average income will not match the well developed countries.

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Thats because of import tax. Other wise cost would be much much much lower dont you agree? Imagine the mercedes SLR McClaren without the import tax. current price is 6m-7m with import tax am I right? Take away the 200% import and you'll get the price.

We're still a developing country as well. This means that our average income will not match the well developed countries.
Dollar for dollar it matches ie. here RM2k, other places.. S$2000, or AUD$2000 or UK$2000, the only thing it doesn't match is the cost of living in proportion to the salary.

Malaysia
RM2k salary BMW RM250k Terrace House in PJ RM400k
Australia
AUD$2k salary BMW AUD$40-50k Terrace house in Queensland AUD$150-200k

I always thought that developing countries by right should have lower cost of living but ours is higher. For a person staying in KL nothing lower than a 5 figure salary is enough for a decent house and car.

Also I think our country has the highest amount of tolls. The general idea of the toll system is to pay for the road, but ours even after paying for the roads the tolls not only continued to exist but even increased in price as well as increased in the number of potholes. If you drive to Thailand before there is not a single toll from the border all the way to Bangkok and no potholes whatsoever.

Certain things here are cheaper though, road tax for cars below 1.6litre only RM90.

Last edited:

QuickRide

Known Member
Aug 31, 2007
But imported cars are still way too expensive because of the AP. Wish government would lower the darn AP.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ralph Lauren is transporting his most exquisite car collection to the Musée des Arts Décoratifs in Paris for a special exhibit called "The Art of the Automobile: Masterpieces from the Ralph Lauren Collection".

The exhibition opens from the 28th of April till 28th of August, 2011, where a selection of Ralph Lauren's most prestigious sports cars from the 1930s to the present day is on show for the first...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience