New Toyota Camry 2012

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com

Taken from this post at Lowyat.

Based on the specs above, in my opinion UMW is really shooting themselves in the foot.

With such confident pricing, I personally wonder if this Camry can really move if based on specs alone?
Of course those uncles will not care about specs as they only look at the T badge.

Car nuts are already whacking the spec of this new camry left, right and center.

Opinion/views?

Let's discuss..

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Look like shit no matter what engine it is using....

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
passat still a better buy la, u can get a conti for 170k CKD with much gadget inside, safety features..etc

bobbybalaz

Sep 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Rather speachless actually. UMW are treading on absolutely thin ice here. With thier current line up for 2012 in Malaysia, things doesn't look like it'll fair as well as it used to. Im pretty sure they will still sell truckloads of the so called 'NEW' Camry. But the game has moved very far away from them. Market share will be lost to the better spec'ed Koreans & Germans. Given also the tech savy/well informed younger generation, im afraid, aren't that guilable anymore.

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
Rather speachless actually. UMW are treading on absolutely thin ice here. With thier current line up for 2012 in Malaysia, things doesn't look like it'll fair as well as it used to. Im pretty sure they will still sell truckloads of the so called 'NEW' Camry. But the game has moved very far away from them. Market share will be lost to the better spec'ed Koreans & Germans. Given also the tech savy/well informed younger generation, im afraid, aren't that guilable anymore.
yes... like it or not... even if they take out all the airbags from this "New" camry 2012, they will still sell...

further more the target market of the camry is not the younger generation now but the younger generation of yesteryear (teen in the 1980-early 1990) as this is the target market that toyota know hold all the purchasing power...

father buy camry because during young, toyota marketing brainwash him... then son/dotter got license or wan go college, buy vios/altis...
wan MPV, unser (last time) and now innova...

power of toyota marketing
:wavey:

megancheung

Apr 11, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I prefer the FORD TAURUS 2012, Toyota needs more in the designs to compete with FORD, CHEVY AND CHRYSLER!!! Korean cars, well don't buy them in 1 year you will be pay more for parts!!!

Apr 15, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hello...

Newbie here...:itsme:

Tempting for 2.0 version.. BUT... only 4-Speed..? Crazy....!!! :banghead:

...and with manual shifter for 4-speed..? what are they thinking of...?:thumpdown:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Based on the table comparison, VW is light years ahead of Toyota in terms of technology. But neither of them I can afford.:banghead:

skylin3lov3r

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2005
JB
toyota sucks n i wont buy any more toyota after i sell off my altis in the future...euro contis all the way

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Any suggestions on good and quality paint shops round kl area? My car is full of dents and scratches everywhere mostly because of my dog :D I was wondering how do I identify whether if they are using good quality paint and lacquer ? And how to judge their workmanship and quality? Like for example taking off headlights and door trims etc? What shops should I avoid? Please advice and need some suggestions for good quality shops
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience