New shocks and springs

ghostxray

Jan 4, 2008
Hey guys n gals,

My stock build of shocks and springs has failed me twice in ONE YEAR! (right now im riding with 3 jammed absorbers.)
I've changed to 17inch rims with no change to my car's profile. In just under 2 years with the new rims, all four jammed (some even leaked). I changed them to new stock ones, then in less than a year, 3 has jammed again. I've had it.
Now, I want to change to other brands. Was told Koni and Gab is good.. Can anyone recommend to me which one is better? I dont intend to spend too much. (my mechanic wants me to send it for Gab fitting.) helppp... :biggrin:

Yu911

Known Member
Aug 17, 2006
www.cardomain.com
About Koni, I've check before, need to custom order & very expensive, more than RM3K also if u don't like it u can't change to another b'coz no stock. Once u custom order than this is the one only.
About GAB, never think of it, this is Malaysia GAB not Japan, Japan GAB has closed down & now Malaysia are using the same name GAB & same logo too. As I know lots of problem too.

I'm thinking of HWL absober, may be 2 set at a time can get better price, try asking for better price for our club......

SpitFire16

Known Member
Apr 30, 2007
Bro,
From wat i hear,its either your suspension system has serious problem(other then the shocks) or you bought a lousy new stocks.I think its better you check what is the real problem..becoz if the problem is still not rectify,takut next time your new RM3K shock(if your buying later) go bye bye..hehe..

Yu,
I heard that Titan is good too.I test drive Dyue's car and it was awesome :) If you want then maybe we can go and get it..hehehe

:biggrin:

ken3182

Known Member
May 9, 2007
ghostxray,

you may want to check it out with COW. He's using GAB as well. So far he is not encountering any problem with it.

Yu,
Can i know where's your mech place it. i plan to change engine but don't know what engine can be fitted in.any advice?

Yu911

Known Member
Aug 17, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Ken3182,
What absober are u using? want to change engine? any engine also can go in, just do mod only mah, see how many hp u want & how much $$$ u have than can look for the engine. Remember it takes times for a good job & $$$ too.
Any one need to change absober?
Cow, u r using GAB? When u change it? how good is it?

SpitFire16

Known Member
Apr 30, 2007
COW??As i know Cow is using TITAN absorbers la...correct me if im wrong :)
Doing your car already ahh?cant wait to see the POWERFUL KEN MOBILE when its done...hehehe..

Yu,
You gonna change shocks?i'm looking for one too.For now i feel TITAN is the best,but just my opinion :) tell me if gonna go buy shocks ok

ericmivec

Known Member
Apr 24, 2007
hey i got 1 news, is TEIN absorber, the guy who is the TEIN agent told me that they got coupe absorber which cost RM2800, hi/low adjustable. i thk i gonna change it :)

alangbudi

Known Member
Jun 10, 2006
Yu,
Can i know where's your mech place it. i plan to change engine but don't know what engine can be fitted in.any advice?
Sorry to interupt, but if i'm not mistaken saw engine transplant for coupe few years back, from thailand, saw 3 cars, mitsubishi engine, evo4 i think, nissan sr20 and a toyota engine i don't recognize, just for info only,

ericmivec

Known Member
Apr 24, 2007
yup...i also not believe it...but it got show me the absorber, and below the TEIN logo there got "made for coupe"..donno how they made it..they also got like made for waja,wira...

ken3182

Known Member
May 9, 2007
Yu,

What engine u have it there. As i check from RS Impresswive today, they said have to mod the mounting which will cause a trouble from JPJ.

Any advice on this issue.?

ghostxray

Jan 4, 2008
Spitfire16,

yeah, my mechie also said spare parts are crap.. but if im gonna spend again on stock parts, and it fails again, might as well gamble with other types... but yeah, i'll give the double-check again on the whole assembly.
So can i have a rough vote pls, Tein/Titan/or wat?

also, any of these brands give good handling BUT RIDICULOUS ride comfort? or is it acceptable for a sports handling?

Yu911

Known Member
Aug 17, 2006
www.cardomain.com
If TEIN RM2,800.0 for a new set is very good price, is it ori make from Japan or using old one to mod (recon) for coupe?

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
last time i was using gab shocks and springs..it came with my car.. now the front i have chaged to toyota ones... but the rear is still gabs.. so far no leak... but as said now malaysia is manufacturing them so im not sure of their quality.. i would go for titan as they can be made to fit our driving style..

TCSIM

1,000 RPM
Apr 20, 2007
I know you guys sure gonna scold me.. I am asking my mech to inject my additional front shock.. Will update you guys when it's done...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi I have a Lancer with a swap to a 4G92 MIVEC as per the picture:

View attachment 569063

Recently the oil pressure has started to go low when the engine is at idle/tickover.

View attachment 569064

This is shown on my oil pressure gauge as well as the oil light on the dashboard had been flickering.

Also the car won't go into MIVEC mode.

I have checked the oil, it is at the correct level on the dip stick and was only changed about 3000 KM ago, running 10W40 fully synthetic...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience