NEW SAGA (BLM) Owners

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
hello all. saga flx 1.3 executive driver here. family car. bought 2012. anyway. great stuff posted here. learned a lot.

so far i got 4 problems with it.

1. rear left door. the rubber strip did not fit properly causing a lot of force required to close the door. if not strong enough the rubber will absorb the shock and door not properly shut. fixed at service center. the rubber is in place but still require force to close the door. dont bother about it anymore.

2. front right tyre always lose pressure. went to workshop to check and found a very small hole at the rim. since i plan to change the rim, it remains unsolved and got to pump up the tyre every week.

3. starting problem. sometimes after driving a distance and stop, my car wouldnt want to start. but after a +-2 minutes wait, try again, and it started. i suspect its the ecu while my cousin told me its the fuel line problem.

4. when descending a slope, therell be sound produced at the rear end. i suspect its the rear brake trying to keep the car from going too fast.

anyway, i love it. being a boy easily influenced by ken block and the others, i actually do track driving with it. well. kinda. its slow and might be stupid but thats how i enjoy my saga. big plans for 2014. particularly in the handling department.

thanks for having me here.

ohya. i read a post stating fully synthetic not good for saga. really? because i changed to syntium 1000 in my last service. #becauseracecar haha. but seriously, really?
Fully synthetic no good? Sounds to me like sour grapes who cannot afford to buy fully synthetic telling others its bad for the car. I've used mineral, semi and fully synthetic on mine. No issues.

yanes

Nov 20, 2011
Kuching
Fully synthetic no good? Sounds to me like sour grapes who cannot afford to buy fully synthetic telling others its bad for the car. I've used mineral, semi and fully synthetic on mine. No issues.
I'm referring to the post #78. Something about loosen tappets and rattling sound. Anyway, glad that you got no issues. And if my instinct is reliable, the car is actually a little more responsive after I changed to fully synthetic. Wonder what would happen if I try it with Primax97.

Mar 13, 2014
Cairo, Egypt
drove the blm 1.3A recently from jb to kl, noticed the brakes are pretty in sufficient, feels like i am doing some leg press at the gym and breaking distance is really bad. acceleration is not really good either, may be deal to engine or transmission that is not able to efficiently transfer power to wheels. Overall it is a budget entry level car, nothing much to expect. I prefer myvi though due to its more responsive engine and also better steering feel. saga feels too heavy, almost like without power steering. Anyway these are my personal opinion, i do not own either cars as they belong to my gf's sis in law..
Dear YellowFlash,

I have new Saga BLM A/T 2012, you just hit the truth saying "acceleration is not really good either, may be deal to engine or transmission that is not able to efficiently transfer power to wheels.... saga feels too heavy, almost like without power steering"; my car meets these description.

I live in Cairo, Egypt we have an official dealer. they tried to handle these problems but never succeeded.

I hope you or anyone you know have idea or a clue to elaborate on these 2 problems.

Thank you in advance.

My personal email you can use to communicate better is [email protected]

MetaruBZG

Known Member
Dec 25, 2005
Cyberjaya
www.cardomain.com
Is using mineral long term ok with this particular engine?
Having trouble finding genuine brand 10w-30 semi-Synch (so many "ayam" and fake oils out there lately)

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
hello all. saga flx 1.3 executive driver here. family car. bought 2012. anyway. great stuff posted here. learned a lot.

so far i got 4 problems with it.

1. rear left door. the rubber strip did not fit properly causing a lot of force required to close the door. if not strong enough the rubber will absorb the shock and door not properly shut. fixed at service center. the rubber is in place but still require force to close the door. dont bother about it anymore.
change the weather strip ...its not expensive, cos when they produced the car, somehow somewhere someone fixed it not align from end to end. after so long, don think you wanna waste time to ask for warranty claim.
2. front right tyre always lose pressure. went to workshop to check and found a very small hole at the rim. since i plan to change the rim, it remains unsolved and got to pump up the tyre every week.
rim can repair, go to tyre shop, they can actually rectify the leak. if you are changing rim now, then ok, if u still need to drive, for safety purpose, don wait...and low pressure tyre will spoilt yr tyre too.
3. starting problem. sometimes after driving a distance and stop, my car wouldnt want to start. but after a +-2 minutes wait, try again, and it started. i suspect its the ecu while my cousin told me its the fuel line problem.
i think is yr fuel pump. campro has the tendency to have failed around mileage 80000km. get it replace.
4. when descending a slope, therell be sound produced at the rear end. i suspect its the rear brake trying to keep the car from going too fast.
since u go for tracking...try check yr rear drum brake pad.
anyway, i love it. being a boy easily influenced by ken block and the others, i actually do track driving with it. well. kinda. its slow and might be stupid but thats how i enjoy my saga. big plans for 2014. particularly in the handling department.

thanks for having me here.

ohya. i read a post stating fully synthetic not good for saga. really? because i changed to syntium 1000 in my last service. #becauseracecar haha. but seriously, really?
the recommended service interval is 10,000km and use 20w/50 mineral oil. but many are worried about the oil couldnt last so long, but its factory recommended, they should have tested it. another option, go for semi syn 15w/40 and change every 5000-6000km.

all the above are from my own experience & some 2cents....hope it can help. :driver::driver:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
the recommended service interval is 10,000km and use 20w/50 mineral oil. but many are worried about the oil couldnt last so long, but its factory recommended, they should have tested it. another option, go for semi syn 15w/40 and change every 5000-6000km.

all the above are from my own experience & some 2cents....hope it can help. :driver::driver:
U mean the thicker the oil, the longer u can use? :confused:
I am using 1.6, with fully syn. just 5-6000km, its already damn dark.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
U mean the thicker the oil, the longer u can use? :confused:
I am using 1.6, with fully syn. just 5-6000km, its already damn dark.
i am not sure....but thats what stated in the service booklet.
best is to reduce the km interval....

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
do avoid synergy m3/m5 tyres, I bought mine brand new, within 6 months the tyre was swollen, summore my car only used during weekends.
Then CC5 lo :rofl:

how about the price between those 2 ....
my next service 60km ... is it major service :biggrin:
85/60R14
Corsa Veera- RM130 Tee 3 Auto & Tyre Service Sdn Bhd (Jul-13)
Falken ZE322 - RM128 Modern Tyres, Seremban (May 13)
Falken ZE322 - RM135 Tee 3 Auto & Tyre Service Sdn Bhd (May-13)
Falken ZE322 - RM140 Stamford Tyre Mart (Mac-14)
Falken ZE912 - RM130 Weng Heng Bukit Kemuning (Apr-14)
Falken ZE912 - RM118 Excellent Speed (Kepong) (Jun-14)
Michelin XM2 - RM185 Weng Heng Bukit Kemuning (Nov-13)
Yokohama C-Drive2 - RM170 Ban Hooi (inc balancing & alignment if buy 4 tyres) (Nov 13)
Yokohama C-Drive2 - RM160 Hin Leong (inc balancing) (Nov 13)
Yokohama C-Drive2 - RM160 Weng Heng Bukit Kemuning (Apr-14)

here are your options

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
how about the price between those 2 ....
my next service 60km ... is it major service :biggrin:
Every 20,000km is considered major lo.
All fluids need to change, plugs, filters. Expect an expensive bill if you are not DIYing. :biggrin:
Around RM550+
80,000km then is super major. LOL. So called timing belt package.
From Proton, RM1000+