NEW SAGA (BLM) Owners

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
dear guys,

i think new saga had sold more than 70,000 units and counting...myself had bought one and some says good and some says bad...overall i would say this car is value for money.

mine is a saga mt b-line silver color, juz took it on 10/11/2008 and so far it works fine for me. Fuel consumption is 360km/h for one full tank of rm75-rm80. power is good enough coz its not run in yet. mileage is less than 5k....gonna service by next week.

any owners out there that wanna share their thoughts here???

suchap69

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
hi all

i just took delivery of my saga yesterday evening. bought m-line AT for 41498. including accessories package worth 1310. which is more expensive compared to original acc package of 215. so i ask the SA what items was i actually paying for for that sum, and she said don't know. can anyone explain to me the accessories that we should receive for the stated accesories price.

one of the thing on the acc list is trunk lid cover, i ask the SA what is that and she don't know. she said that is the board covering the tyre well, is that true? i tought it suppose to be the plastic cover for the trunk lid opening as it is very ugly showing all bare metal.

then i said to the SA that i will try to call i.care to clarify on this matter. the SA dialled the i.care number and let me spoke to the operator. the operator said among the things that should be included for my purchase is first aid kit, safety triangle, luggage tray, door visor and safe tint. is that true? can anyone enlighten me on this? thanks in advance.

one of the funny thing that happened was when i asked what is truk lid cover, all SA don't know what it is, one took the initiative to call a manager of a service centre and the manager ask him to open the fuel lid and told me that that is the trunk lid cover. :? hahahahha. but joking aside, please help me........ :(

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
u should call i.care at 1-300-880-888 to clarify this matter immediately coz what i know the rm41498 price only applicable 1st january 2009 onward. now all m-line are selling rm39998.00 only...can i know which outlet sold you this price and kindly make the necessary notification to the proton authority asap.

they shall refund you rm1500.00......

Bump: about SA not sure what is the trunk lid cover, i can tell u the new accesories not out yet thats why SA dunno bout it...pls make necessary notification immediately.

Last edited:

suchap69

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
thanks for the reply regarding my situation

earlier this morning the SA called me and said that the accessories mentioned include the airbag and foglights, power steering etc. then i stressed back to them the airbag and foglights were already included in the body price of the car.

later i went back to the showroom and the SA admit to the problem. she said the car i received (which was built before the introduction of new accessories package) was with previous accessory package worth only 215 (which only include the plate holder and the coil mat).

the price i'm paying (applicable from october iianm) is for new car with new accessories package which include first aid kit, luggage tray, safety triangle, trunk lid cover, door visor and few other that i can't recall now. so the SA promise me to refund for the difference between the previous acc package and the new acc package.

i hope that new buyer will get this info and not to be cheated by SA........

Last edited:

ah-boy

Dec 2, 2006
proton now not only 3S,they also 3P?

Poor quality
Poor knowledge
Poor service

well not all of the SA is bad,but u just to have luck to meet 1 is good

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
They think they are is a monopoly market instead of perfect comp.t of not having perfect knowledge..

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
thanks for the reply regarding my situation

earlier this morning the SA called me and said that the accessories mentioned include the airbag and foglights, power steering etc. then i stressed back to them the airbag and foglights were already included in the body price of the car.

later i went back to the showroom and the SA admit to the problem. she said the car i received (which was built before the introduction of new accessories package) was with previous accessory package worth only 215 (which only include the plate holder and the coil mat).

the price i'm paying (applicable from october iianm) is for new car with new accessories package which include first aid kit, luggage tray, safety triangle, trunk lid cover, door visor and few other that i can recall now. so the SA promise me to refund for the difference between the previous acc package and the new acc package.

i hope that new buyer will get this info and not to be cheated by SA........
glad that u found out the truth....you may pm me or reveal the dealer in here so all others don get cheated....

or u wanna trigger the higher management on this, i can assist coz i don buy this kinda of con job in proton....they are tarnishing proton's image and worsen public's perception on national car.

in this case, i guess the SA took the extra buck, make sure he/she pays u back......

Last edited:

suchap69

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
yes, thank god my SA is actually a nice one. i actually got my car in less than two weeks (from loan application to delivery) as i don't mind on the colour choice. and she also quite puzzled regarding this accessories package issue. when she can't give me any satisfactory answer, she also was searching for the right answer until she found out bout the reason for it.

i think my SA is actually the branch manager or of higher position. all other SA call her madam and do show respect for her. the other SA just give me typical proton SA sarcasm whilst she listen to my point and arguement, eventhough she try to get the explanation from he subordinate.

i don't mind paying for the new accessories package as long as i get all the item mentioned. what irked me initially was because there is no good and wise explanation about it.

for the time being, i rather not say about which branch this is as things are still in a good note but things might change if it turn sour and the SA refuse to refund me the difference.. then i'll say it loud here and maybe try the consumer tribunal.

what i'm trying to do is to alert prospective buyer. some SA don't know their trade like the back of their hand. be sure of what u paid for.

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
thanks suchap for the info & keep us update ya!

btw,where is other BLM owners?

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
yes, thank god my SA is actually a nice one. i actually got my car in less than two weeks (from loan application to delivery) as i don't mind on the colour choice. and she also quite puzzled regarding this accessories package issue. when she can't give me any satisfactory answer, she also was searching for the right answer until she found out bout the reason for it.

i think my SA is actually the branch manager or of higher position. all other SA call her madam and do show respect for her. the other SA just give me typical proton SA sarcasm whilst she listen to my point and arguement, eventhough she try to get the explanation from he subordinate.

i don't mind paying for the new accessories package as long as i get all the item mentioned. what irked me initially was because there is no good and wise explanation about it.

for the time being, i rather not say about which branch this is as things are still in a good note but things might change if it turn sour and the SA refuse to refund me the difference.. then i'll say it loud here and maybe try the consumer tribunal.

what i'm trying to do is to alert prospective buyer. some SA don't know their trade like the back of their hand. be sure of what u paid for.
ok...at least u document all the proceeding and get some written or take some notes on her commitment coz later if they try to "pusing" u at least u got something to hold against them...yr white copy of vehicle sales order, your delivery note, your copy of registration card and all receipts must be kept safe. its very useful later. hope u get yr refund..cheerz

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
HELP , not a saga blm owner..I have been searching through google high and low..more than 20 websites / forum / thread..trying to get the correct PCD for Saga BlM..So say 114.3 and the other said 100..I got confuse and have doubt..Therefore , ZTHers..Is the PCD for Saga Blm 114.3 or 100 ???????..thanks

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
saga rims can fit to wira...so its pcd100, saw one wira 1.3mt ab using stock saga rims

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I went for my first dyno today. Here is what I got.

Then, after some road and dyno tuning. This is the result:

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience