new of skyline

wai88

Known Member
Dec 11, 2008
seremban
im just own my skyline GTT for few week,every thing is new to me.there some problem on my ride,hope all sifu-sifu can help me slove this problem.pls dun cucuk me:adore::adore:

1- there have apexi turbo timer , APEXI AVC-R and pivot speed meter v that come along when i bought it.problem is when the ori speed meter and pivot speed meter clock 130 km/h,both will turn back to 0km/h,but the car is still going faster,make me dont know the actual speed.what should i do?

2- Does the speed cut will remove automatically after install pivot speed meter v?how fast that stock engine can go?

3- sometime the TCS light suddently turn on, then follow by SLIP...

4- what d code of the timing belt?cost?cant found in sban area...

5- which type of blowoff that i should use to get this blowoff sound?every sifu pls refer to youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WkKje1n2mk&feature=PlayList&p=B4A7F4A92DC2035A&index=0&playnext=1

hope every sifu can help me.:adore::adore::adore:

Last edited:
S

semperfi

wai88,

Sorry for my previous post. Mistook you for someone else. Anyway, that's Signal Auto's BNR34 GTR.

As for the first few I'll leave them to the experts to answer you with regards to your vehicle.
What kinda timing belt are you looking for?? OEM or Aftermarket ones?
As for the TCS lights, my previous GT-T had the same problem. They do lit up quite often. Apparently, a few other GT-T owners had that problem as well and the TCS isn't all that good.

wai88

Known Member
Dec 11, 2008
seremban
thanks semperfi,
if can i would like to know both, OEM and aftermarket ones.which is better,cost around how much?

S

semperfi

thanks semperfi,
if can i would like to know both, OEM and aftermarket ones.which is better,cost around how much?
Will do. Checking now. Hang on. Oh by the way, Just found out where kepayang is... sorry sorry. :adore: Get the aftermarket ones like HKS and etc.

Bump: Ok, HKS Fine tune Timing belt (code:24999-AN001) cost around RM400++ (Japan). You get those off Sunway at a cheaper price if not expensive.

I wouldn't reccommend going to one place in Seremban (temiang/limbok). They'll try and push you to buy parts that are not meant for GTT! Get the ori aftermarket ones. At one time they told me to get an intercooler for Honda??!!! They added they're the same and can be used. What a load of BS! I wasn't born yesterday.

If money is not a problem for you I suggest you reinstall new ecus and stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

farique

500 RPM
Jan 22, 2005
Klang
Visit site
urm.. you mean that "ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch.." sound? That's no BOV. That's the air being chopped by the turbine blades. Throttle plate closed, air has to go back to turbo. Hence that chopping sound. I think this is what they call 'compressor surge' .Not sure tho. That Signal Auto R34 GTR seems that it only use just normal BOV or no BOV at all. Cuz I can't hear any bov sound.. maybe something's wrong with my speakers.. :rolleyes:

S

semperfi

Farique, If your speakers have a problem, so do I. :rofl: The sound also depends on the turbine, air intake, the tuning, the power of the engine too and etc. Again, Most Jap tuners don't install BOVs in their BNR34. They prefer aftermarket wastegates.

wai88

Known Member
Dec 11, 2008
seremban
Will do. Checking now. Hang on. Oh by the way, Just found out where kepayang is... sorry sorry. :adore: Get the aftermarket ones like HKS and etc.

Bump: Ok, HKS Fine tune Timing belt (code:24999-AN001) cost around RM400++ (Japan). You get those off Sunway at a cheaper price if not expensive.

I wouldn't reccommend going to one place in Seremban (temiang/limbok). They'll try and push you to buy parts that are not meant for GTT! Get the ori aftermarket ones. At one time they told me to get an intercooler for Honda??!!! They added they're the same and can be used. What a load of BS! I wasn't born yesterday.

If money is not a problem for you I suggest you reinstall new ecus and stuff.

i got it,but have no time to find in sunway.if not mistake,the shop u mention have branch in rahang,they offer me a aftermarkat timing belt,cost rm500 per piece....

Bump:
urm.. you mean that "ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch.." sound? That's no BOV. That's the air being chopped by the turbine blades. Throttle plate closed, air has to go back to turbo. Hence that chopping sound. I think this is what they call 'compressor surge' .Not sure tho. That Signal Auto R34 GTR seems that it only use just normal BOV or no BOV at all. Cuz I can't hear any bov sound.. maybe something's wrong with my speakers.. :rolleyes:
thanks for ur correction...i make a mistake from begin.

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
1- there have apexi turbo timer , APEXI AVC-R and pivot speed meter v that come along when i bought it.problem is when the ori speed meter and pivot speed meter clock 130 km/h,both will turn back to 0km/h,but the car is still going faster,make me dont know the actual speed.what should i do?
Check your voltage wiring, mostly Malaysia workshop tapping +12v at fuse box and being loose,when car vibrate/shaking will shortage the speedmeter(signal wire which being tap from)and make it reading 0.Proper tap it by searching other +12v or use proper electrical accessories and grounding at proper place.

2- Does the speed cut will remove automatically after install pivot speed meter v?how fast that stock engine can go?
Depends on how they wired your Pivot.If wired for speed cut then it`s auto cut.

3- sometime the TCS light suddently turn on, then follow by SLIP...
Commonly if your battery dies and your steering is not straight/align will reset the TCS ECU.Try reset the ECU back properly.I got post it here before how, search it. :) If annoying remove the HICAS and the bulb~

4- what d code of the timing belt?cost?cant found in sban area...
NEW OEM Pitwork RB25 NEO cost you RM250.New Bando +tensioner+idler cost RM580.If aftermarket RM500 i guess is FAKE item be aware, price in Jpn itself is wthin that RM400-500.Changing timing belt without changing idler/tensioner is not recommended.

5- which type of blowoff that i should use to get this blowoff sound?every sifu pls refer to youtube
This is return back pressure sound from turbine.

Last edited:

wai88

Known Member
Dec 11, 2008
seremban
bro kaminari,thanks for your detail explanation.will try about it

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
Get your GTT checked out at any workshop which have the diagnosis computer. Very simple procedures, they just plug into the socket,usually located underneath the steering, and the computer will took over and check everything by itself. It will also inform you what's wrong to your car, if any, and also the parts number and pictures to show you. If the result went well, just refresh it and the warning light will go off.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
sorry to interupt. Wai88 are you the black GTT around Seremban? with Bronze 5 spoke rims and GTR rear bumper?

Last edited: