New Jazz 2014

Pakdamek

Known Member
Feb 11, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Guys,
I'm thinking of buying the 2014 Jazz V....

Anybody with experience driving that car? Can share your thoughts?

Thanks.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Car looks great in pictures. In the flesh it feels odd. Doesn't click somehow.

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
one word: disappointment

the thing is, honda malaysia failed to bring the new engine which is the Earth Dreams 1.5L DOHC i-VTEC engine paired with a 7-speed DCT pumping about 130hp because of the cost.

the one on the road now is using the city's engine and built quality imho is just horrible.
now honda only interested in selling cars rather than bringing new technology here.

i heard that they could bring the new jazz in hybrid CBU japan, but thats just rumours.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Wow, didn't know it is still the old engine. Thought this new Honda Jazz/Fit upposed to have Earth Dreams engine and CVT?

Honda Malaysia basically says they are selling the new Honda Jazz, but give you the last generation engine. Wow. So full of shit lah. We Malaysians getting ripped off left and right. All the rubbish sell to us like we are a thrash can.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
one word: disappointment

the thing is, honda malaysia failed to bring the new engine which is the Earth Dreams 1.5L DOHC i-VTEC engine paired with a 7-speed DCT pumping about 130hp because of the cost.

the one on the road now is using the city's engine and built quality imho is just horrible.
now honda only interested in selling cars rather than bringing new technology here.

i heard that they could bring the new jazz in hybrid CBU japan, but thats just rumours.
Don't think they will bring in if the hybrid not getting special tax allowance

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
What to do? They need to be competitive, thanks to the company that asked for RM1.6 billion from us.

Well don't care if the technology is new or old. As long as it is not obsolete, reliable, efficient, meet your standards and requirements then go for it. Jazz is quite a nice car if u ask me. Google for issues on older jazz. If you can live with it and you like that car, buy.

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
Wow, didn't know it is still the old engine. Thought this new Honda Jazz/Fit upposed to have Earth Dreams engine and CVT?

Honda Malaysia basically says they are selling the new Honda Jazz, but give you the last generation engine. Wow. So full of shit lah. We Malaysians getting ripped off left and right. All the rubbish sell to us like we are a thrash can.
new body recycle engine. bucket load of bullsxxt if u asked me.
as im a fan bro, i was real disappointed. if not i will be one of the first to get it. haha.

Don't think they will bring in if the hybrid not getting special tax allowance
i hope they do and then CKD it. just like what happened to the 2nd generation of jazz.
if the rumours are too good to be true, first badge should be priced around the prius c. RM 150k ++ :thefinger:

What to do? They need to be competitive, thanks to the company that asked for RM1.6 billion from us.

Well don't care if the technology is new or old. As long as it is not obsolete, reliable, efficient, meet your standards and requirements then go for it. Jazz is quite a nice car if u ask me. Google for issues on older jazz. If you can live with it and you like that car, buy.
well said but like i said i am a fan/owner of honda jazz. cant deny the new shape is pretty but with the specs.. just hampeh.
u know what i meant if ur an owner of a 1st or 2nd generation.. its an upgrade especially if im talking about the engine. enough said.

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Would you buy a iPhone 6 that has the processor of iPhone 4 inside? It is not "obsolete", just last gen. It is as reliable as the iPhone 4.

But hey... there's always a Samsung..which is faster and nicer. Unless you die die must have iPhone, why not buy something else that is value for money?

Vote with your money. Don't be ripped off by Honda Malaysia.

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Would you buy a iPhone 6 that has the processor of iPhone 4 inside? It is not "obsolete", just last gen. It is as reliable as the iPhone 4.

But hey... there's always a Samsung..which is faster and nicer. Unless you die die must have iPhone, why not buy something else that is value for money?

Good analysis. Btw, now even got Mi3 around RM7xx and the spec is good too. My father is very happy on his Mi3 especially the camera quality.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

But samsung always become laggy after being used some time wor :rofl:

Lets put it this way, its an iphone 6, with iphone 4 processor, but with new looks and iphone 6 features. Its like Samsung Galaxy S4 and S5. We wouldnt know even if the processor in S5 is replaces by the one from S4 because we seldom use it to the limit to realize that. But you still get S5 features and the speed is acceptable to you, and at a cheaper price.

Of course, you can get a xiaomi instead

Pakdamek

Known Member
Feb 11, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hahaha.....thanks for the hilarious responses guys.....I think for 87k price tag with that specs, I'll pass Jazz for now. :-(

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
But samsung always become laggy after being used some time wor :rofl:

Lets put it this way, its an iphone 6, with iphone 4 processor, but with new looks and iphone 6 features. Its like Samsung Galaxy S4 and S5. We wouldnt know even if the processor in S5 is replaces by the one from S4 because we seldom use it to the limit to realize that. But you still get S5 features and the speed is acceptable to you, and at a cheaper price.

Of course, you can get a xiaomi instead
Problem is, the Honda Jazz 2014 in Malaysia is not cheaper than anywhere else in the world. In fact its more expensive, and last gen engine whereas everyone else using new Earth Dreams engine.

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
The previous gen Jazz is nicer IMHO.. the new model, plastic like vios.. rear seats are a bit upright so not so relax for passengers.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all sifu,

want to ask, can a Satria Gti throttle body install into a Wira 1.5Gli Efi 2004 (Siemen ECU) ? is there any problem with the idling after install ?

and what kind of improvement can we expect? and normally it cost how much to buy the Gti throttle and installation job ?

Thanks !
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience