New Jaguar Supercar to be Powered by a 1.6l Engine?

Timeattacker

Known Member
Mar 8, 2012
Johor Bahru
m.facebook.com
bro, even F1 is 2.3 liter. huhuhu what im thinking is. the supercar in future adapting the F1 technology. shoter block. shorter crank. etc. but can churn out amazing hp. even F1 soon gonna be 1.5 turbo. but the horsepower is still remains 1k hp.

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

concept is to produce smallest engine but using induction turbo or supercharge to maximise the horsepower and pickup. just my two cents
well said...well said...
:proud::proud:

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Correct me if Im wrong....

Could it be a 16,000cc instead of 1,600cc ?

If a 1.6 can do that speed....

Then the British are far more advanced than anyone else...

Well what say you?

I can imagine how a 1.6cc "sports car" will vrroom like....

Its could be like vrom and not VVVRRRROOOOOMMM....:burnout::burnout:

Probably a one inch diameter exhaust can take the fumes????

hahahaa.....
its is using 1.6L engine and produce 500hp..
:smokin:

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Not just turbo anymore, nowadays similar system like KERS is also utilized, not to mention electric motor assist for extra power..:cool:

detomaso_runna

1,000 RPM
May 21, 2005
PeNAnG
www.friendster.com
Not just turbo anymore, nowadays similar system like KERS is also utilized, not to mention electric motor assist for extra power..:cool:

i doubt they gonna use electric motor assist. basically, the main point of racing and supercar. is produce enuff speed and horsepower to speed junkie. and to get speed and horsepower, the engine must be very light, and the car also must be light.

electric motor assist comes with the motor itself which is very heavy. and the its own controller. and super heavy battery pack. thats heavy. supercar with lower CC and electric motor assist? don tink so. but if with turbo or supercharger. i bet we can see it in future.

1.6cc doesnt mean the engine sound gonna be like normal waja. hello, F1 tech. either using v6 or v8. but the piston, crank etc gonna be really really small,lightweight and very pack. but the compression should be higher. thats where the power and the nice sounds came along.

u guys got to know something. bigger CC doesnt mean it has bigger HP. :)

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
This car IS a hybrid, so it will come with electric motor, I assure you. The CX75 comes with 4 electric motor.

If horsepower is the only goal, of course a simple ol' turbo would suffice. But today's F1 regulation is different so teams have to follow that regulation, regardless of issues like weight. If FIA wants them to use electric motor assist, they don't really have a choice. Since FIA is keen to keep F1 relevant with current trends, some sort of hybrid technology was introduced, hence KERS.

Even the new 918 Spyder that's gonna be put into limited production comes with electric motors, 3 of them in fact, for an additional 218hp to supplement the engine so Jaguar is hardly the only manufacturer to do this. They even have a racing prototype hybrid, the RSR. If I'm not wrong, even Audi have introduced their own hybrid prototype.

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Correct me if Im wrong....

Could it be a 16,000cc instead of 1,600cc ?

If a 1.6 can do that speed....

Then the British are far more advanced than anyone else...

Well what say you?

I can imagine how a 1.6cc "sports car" will vrroom like....

Its could be like vrom and not VVVRRRROOOOOMMM....:burnout::burnout:

Probably a one inch diameter exhaust can take the fumes????

hahahaa.....
F1 engines in the old days could produce more than 1200hp from a tiny 1.5l V6 engines. With today's advanced turbo technology, I don't see why Jaguar couldn't get reliable 500hp from a 1,600cc engine.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

My car is currently having some problems after I changed from superstrut to adjustable absorbers.
The symptoms are:

1: Usually when I turn the steering wheel, it would return back. However when I fully turn the steering wheel, it won't return back to origin position.
2: Steering wheel vibrates when braking. Not so much when driving slowly. More so on high speed.
3: Steering wheel vibrates when over 130km/h.

After changing the absorbers, already done alignment. Is it...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience