New Inspira, 07' civic or 00' Altezza which one better?

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
I think you already hav in mind which to buy, just go test drive all of them then u will know which 1 u really wan. For me altezza all the way...

markblurberry

Known Member
Jun 24, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i think it is better off to consider Inspira for yourself, since appearance is important, as u mentioned modified exterior, which means essentially performance is NOT your criteria. Let consider some facts:

1) Civic - this car looks HOT, no doubt that the FD design is great, this model actually revive Honda's fortune quite a bit, considering the less than flattering comments the ES version endured. Interior wise- the dashboard is quite remarkably design and huge like a cockpit, something that even newer cars cant match. The next model to replace FD will have a big shoe to fill, no doubt. The drawback - spareparts altho easily available as with previous Civices, tend to be more expensive compare to other makes, i wonder why....??

2) Inspira- what can i say, superb value for money considering when Lancer was launched, the Inspira certainly knock the price down a step or two. Performance wise should be respectable for the manual version, and with many aftermarket parts for modification and upgrades, Inspira certainly wont run out of ideas or options to push up the horsepower. The only drawback is soon to be too many on the street

3) Altezza - a tame beast, but this tiger bites hard! A superb all arounder which you can drive with a big smile on your face, power to weight is balance with rear wheel drive, taking the corner will put BIG smile on your face, wait till you master the art of drift..you will love this car to death. As said, it is a tame beast in terms of its design - interior or exterior, nothing to shout about but nothing that a few bolt on kits/gauge cant do to spruce up into a meaner machine ready to pounce on its next victim. The drawbacks - for a daily grinder, expect minor problems to crop up from time to time, nothing $$ cant solve tho and as some fellow member said earlier Altezza is rare, but there will be a small price to pay for being rare

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
our panel garage for project Z, Edison from Top Secret Garage bought a used Altezza, he was driving a Vios before, which bored him to nuts. You could ask him honestly about it, I'd refer him to this thread.

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
this looks to me like an apple durian orange comparison.. :D
one rear wheel drive,
the other two are front wheel drive.

one has old-er emission regulation standard while the other two is pretty similar :D

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
IMHO, an Altezza can't be compared with an Inspira or Vios, just because it costs around the same as those two. Different league altogether.

It's like comparing between an Android phone with two iPhones. iPhones (Inspira and Vios) is easy to use and everyone seemed to have it. Android (Altezza), people gets this to really enjoy the full potential of the OS/Phone and also to fiddle/mod with it. *Metaphorically*

If you're just wanting a car that looks good and goes from A to B without any problems, I'd suggest you go for that Inspira or Vios.

But if you don't mind some fixing up and you love playing with cars, I would say the Altezza will be a very rewarding car. It's rare and it's great fun to drive, as explained by a few of our members here. :D Once you drive a 'Tezza, you won't be going anywhere else for the moment.

Last edited:

xuang26

Known Member
Sep 28, 2010
Selangor
Thanks markblurberry for very brief comparison for these 3 pretties :)

Hi Kevin Lee, can ask ur friends Edison which is just bought a used Tezza share share his experience for having that car. Thanks

Hi bushidofang, sorry...not Vios for me...it look very very uncle and alots forumers named it as "dugong".

Anyone know Tezza can run in Ron 95? coz i noticed whenever i saw tezza at petrol station, they use to pump Ron 97 or V-power.

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights

Hi Kevin Lee, can ask ur friends Edison which is just bought a used Tezza share share his experience for having that car. Thanks

Hi bushidofang, sorry...not Vios for me...it look very very uncle and alots forumers named it as "dugong".

Anyone know Tezza can run in Ron 95? coz i noticed whenever i saw tezza at petrol station, they use to pump Ron 97 or V-power.
up to u ... u want power then 97

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
if u think u r normal 'joe' just get inspira or civic...
awh... u will breaks many people hearts... hahaha....normal 'joe'

i think it is better off to consider Inspira for yourself, since appearance is important, as u mentioned modified exterior, which means essentially performance is NOT your criteria. Let consider some facts:

1) Civic - this car looks HOT, no doubt that the FD design is great, this model actually revive Honda's fortune quite a bit, considering the less than flattering comments the ES version endured. Interior wise- the dashboard is quite remarkably design and huge like a cockpit, something that even newer cars cant match. The next model to replace FD will have a big shoe to fill, no doubt. The drawback - spareparts altho easily available as with previous Civices, tend to be more expensive compare to other makes, i wonder why....??

2) Inspira- what can i say, superb value for money considering when Lancer was launched, the Inspira certainly knock the price down a step or two. Performance wise should be respectable for the manual version, and with many aftermarket parts for modification and upgrades, Inspira certainly wont run out of ideas or options to push up the horsepower. The only drawback is soon to be too many on the street

3) Altezza - a tame beast, but this tiger bites hard! A superb all arounder which you can drive with a big smile on your face, power to weight is balance with rear wheel drive, taking the corner will put BIG smile on your face, wait till you master the art of drift..you will love this car to death. As said, it is a tame beast in terms of its design - interior or exterior, nothing to shout about but nothing that a few bolt on kits/gauge cant do to spruce up into a meaner machine ready to pounce on its next victim. The drawbacks - for a daily grinder, expect minor problems to crop up from time to time, nothing $$ cant solve tho and as some fellow member said earlier Altezza is rare, but there will be a small price to pay for being rare
1. the brand 'Honda' means add some more ringgit to the spart part price...
2. inspira no doubt a good car based on the current Lancer, but just how well is proton's QC and the quality of local content, time will tell.
3. altezza, it is not from planet earth... lol...

IMHO, an Altezza can't be compared with an Inspira or Vios, just because it costs around the same as those two. Different league altogether.

It's like comparing between an Android phone with two iPhones. iPhones (Inspira and Vios) is easy to use and everyone seemed to have it. Android (Altezza), people gets this to really enjoy the full potential of the OS/Phone and also to fiddle/mod with it. *Metaphorically*

If you're just wanting a car that looks good and goes from A to B without any problems, I'd suggest you go for that Inspira or Vios.

But if you don't mind some fixing up and you love playing with cars, I would say the Altezza will be a very rewarding car. It's rare and it's great fun to drive, as explained by a few of our members here. :D Once you drive a 'Tezza, you won't be going anywhere else for the moment.
...that's why i bought Android phone instead of iPhone.

no problemo with ron95.
u should go read more at the Altezza sub-forum
The Altezza / IS200 / IS300 Forum - Zerotohundred.com
and if can, join the TT, they won't bite, perhaps the 'president' can give u a ride of a-life-time in his 6MT. :P

G221

Over 10,000 RPM!
Jan 15, 2004
KL
come..come..can test drive my car b4 buying in the market. but pump Ron97 fuel for me okehhh :biggrin:

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
Another this is that trough my experience better have a 2nd car at hom incase if your car break down if you Chose Alteza. But then that is just a safety precaution is people say ,tarak parts lah bro.. Sudah order tapi belum sampai,... Ini kena pakai special tool lah bro kena special order nie.. and so on... this is what i experience with my OLD CELI.. So i plan to get a VIVA for daily drive if my car does break down... but for sure... TOYOTA quality are really good.. there is no doubt about it.

shy2004

Known Member
Nov 17, 2005
xuang26,if u pay 1 ringgit u can buy orange,if u pay 2 ringgit u can buy apple,all things difference,thinking what do u want n just buy n ride.

karl_razlie

500 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Puchong
hehehehe me too.. my daily car is kelisa monster...which always scare 2.0 car...but for my weekend car..planning to get Forester, altezza or EVO 5...coz budget only below 80k....

xuang26

Known Member
Sep 28, 2010
Selangor
hi karl_razlie, my future car (tezza or inspira) will be my daily ride also. From home to office and office to home around 65km perday. Hope to get a good performance + comfort + sporty 4 door salloon. But still cant decide which one to choose. As all the members here advise, go have a test drive then only decide. Good idea :)

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
if u can wait 1 week, nx week friday i believe tezza geng will TT at usj.
check out the threads in that forum and come to join us.
*Tonight probably won't b one as tmr is 'hot' day, i myself reluctant to drive out *

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

similarly u also should join the inspira geng's TT to find out further on the potential of the car.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

allo

My car is very old and the white paint on some parts are crisping, I would like to spray over the parts to atleast cover it. The old paint is still very white, is not yet turn yellowish or anything, but its not reflective, just plain white. So hopefully patching it wont get very obvious unbalance look.

So what type of paint should i use and where can I buy it? Preferable can spray type. And can I make it look reflective by polishing it?

But i dun think can polish also bcuz the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience