New Inspira, 07' civic or 00' Altezza which one better?

xuang26

Known Member
Sep 28, 2010
Selangor
Hi guys, i plan to upgrade myself after drive 10 years of proton wira.
My budget is 80k and below. I found my dream car (stated above) are in this range.
New Inspira 1.8(manual)
2007 Civic (1.8)
10 years old Altezza

i really need u guys opinions. thanks

Attachments

karl_razlie

500 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Puchong
altezza...performance wise a lot different...if u... 'kaki lari, get it'... for civic future upgrade to civic type r engine and if inspira future can convert to Evo X engine...2 both engine need more than 6 years to get it cheaper in market....but altezza is good for someone hav low budget n need instant 'kick' and rareness when buy car...no need wait 6 year until civic or lancer evoX become cheap...

... civic, inspira bersepah already same as myvi...see left, right, front and back u can easily spot them... haha

Last edited:

xuang26

Known Member
Sep 28, 2010
Selangor
Engine wise...not so important to me...just looking for comfort and sporty look. If i get Inspira, i wil did cosmetic change to Evo X look, if i get 07' civic i will make it bcome FD2R look. For altezza ... no need cosmetic alrdy look gorgeous :) haha

Maintenance wise...any ideas for 3 of these car?
How about the fuel consumption for these 3 cars? heard that civic is the best save fuel among these 3. M i right?

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Altezza is 10years old and you will need to change some wear and tear parts.
Depending how well the previous owner cared for it.....

Again depending on you. if you want something to get from A to B then Inspira and civic are good cars. Dropping in halfcult will cost you alot...so really are u going to do this?.....

If you want something rare and different then Altezza is a good choice.
You must have a "passion" for it to look past its age and appreciate the power and rear wheel handling.
Just like AE86... very old but there are passionate ppl who are willing to pay 40 grand cash for it.

Ask ur self this....which u can live with a old rare car or fairly new run of the mill common cars?.

Again no write or wrong answer. It depends in you.... I suggest drive all 3 and decide what u can accept and what u cant.......:smokin:

karl_razlie

500 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Puchong
if u think u r normal 'joe' just get inspira or civic...and put ur Evo X or civic R bodykit..just to make it other ppl tailgating u coz they think they already cucuk or tapau-ing ori performance car..hehe.. but if u 'extra ordinary Joe' got passion, love hi-speed, pure motorsport heart, (talk,sleep,work,eat all about cars than Altezza is for u...hehe

xuang26

Known Member
Sep 28, 2010
Selangor
Thanks AE111_SEG for ur value info & explanations. i just want to get a comfort and sporty look four door salloon car (3 above are my choice) after drive 10 years wira as a upgrade for myself or treat myself good lor . If i get inspira or civic, i won't drop in half cut. Just wil do cosmetic change make it look more sporty will be enuff for me.
Altezza i like her also. Just scare that the maintenance and fuel consumption very high for daily use.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Thanks AE111_SEG for ur value info & explanations. i just want to get a comfort and sporty look four door salloon car (3 above are my choice) after drive 10 years wira as a upgrade for myself or treat myself good lor . If i get inspira or civic, i won't drop in half cut. Just wil do cosmetic change make it look more sporty will be enuff for me.
Altezza i like her also. Just scare that the maintenance and fuel consumption very high for daily use.
:smokin:actually all depends on your budget... and u already drop off Altezza due to the 10 years car...
just Civic and Inspira... for me, i buy brand new car not 1.8 but 2.0 due to as you said, wont change engine just body kit will do thus foresee u can use for Wira for 10 years, u will this car for long term... Civic high demand if you do not think off the spare parts will cost a boom especially year 2007 already near to 5 years thus the bank interest ( new car cheaper, civic still can manage but altezza a time boom clicking.... very high)...:driver: Happy choosing:biggrin:

xuang26

Known Member
Sep 28, 2010
Selangor
Hi mag9556 , buy brand new car not 1.8 but 2.0. Civic 2.0 wil cost 130k, inspira 2.0 cost 90 over K...My budget only 80K and below. I'm just a middle income ppl. And heard that 1.8 manual inspira is much more better than 2.0 in term of performance.
If can get altezza at around 60k. Then i hv to alert myself ready 5 - 10k for the repairing. Around 70k can get a powerful and legendary car which is i survey those forumers said that altezza more powerfull n comfort than 2.0 camry and have BMW standard and lower maintenance as vios. Pls correct me if i'm wrong.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Hi mag9556 , buy brand new car not 1.8 but 2.0. Civic 2.0 wil cost 130k, inspira 2.0 cost 90 over K...My budget only 80K and below. I'm just a middle income ppl. And heard that 1.8 manual inspira is much more better than 2.0 in term of performance.
If can get altezza at around 60k. Then i hv to alert myself ready 5 - 10k for the repairing. Around 70k can get a powerful and legendary car which is i survey those forumers said that altezza more powerfull n comfort than 2.0 camry and have BMW standard and lower maintenance as vios. Pls correct me if i'm wrong.
I do know what is your budget abt but Bank interest also plays a very important roll in buying cars...
Inspira 1.8 and 2.0? dont know never try before...
What u said is correct trow 5 to 10k into Altezza and will be like monster as i got a friend driving Altezza with D-4 engine super light can play with a lot of cars.... but he currently suffer from the ECU Wiring problem as Altezza got US version and Japan version... halfcut brought that time chopshop owner also dun know what version although cut it from Japan....

As mentioned... depends on your budget (monthly installment does matter if u check it and long term)... Good luck....:driver:

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Bro you need to consider these facts.
Bank interest will be high for Altezza cos nearing the 10 year mark. Are u ok with it ?

Buy and repairs for 10k is too much...... 2k should be enough for major service wear & tear parts change. Unless you are saying you are buying a car where engine and gearbox caput then yes.
The chances are slim for this to happen. Last I checked 6MT Halfcut cost around RM 7.5K FYI.

Altezza comes with 3S-GE and 1G-FE. Converted to D4 I cannot comment much cos dont know
the halfcut condition and how the installation done. Beside altezza doesnt come with D4 and the halfcut is from another model. So if not installed properly sure got issue later.

If standard 3S-GE then shouldn't have any major issue..... one tough engine except for throttle
body after 10 year may give problem. This can be changed with new or used unit.
The auto gearbox is already 10 years old so may need some repair if the previous owner never
change the oil. If need to replace then standby RM1.5K to RM2.5K. The only thing that can be
a bit costly is the suspension parts cos double wishbone all around. Again there is still an option
for used unit from japan if u prefer.

Again are u sure u are willing to spend the time and money? :smokin:
If you are it is a rewarding car to own & drive.....:driver:
Pls consider wisely. Only for enthusiast.......:biggrin:

BTW correction "lower maintenance cost to vios" reference to auto gearbox. what was meant was similar cost. The 5 speed auto does not require special gear box oil. The 4ltr Toyota Type IV RM80
is enough.

xuang26

Known Member
Sep 28, 2010
Selangor
Hi AE111_SEG, do u have any member want to let go thier tezza? standard version. 6MT (as i know manual version is much lower maintenance than AT version) , i also use to drive manual car.
Thanks

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Just to clarify .... Cant really compare with Inspira or Civic if take price and age out of the equation.
Her sibling are Lexus IS200 and IS300. Re carnation is IS250 & IS350

Altezza is the same class as : C Segment.

BMW E46 325i inline 6
Alfa 156 2.5 V6.
Merc W203 C230 (2.5 V6 or 4 pot compressor)

So different animal to Inspira and Civic....:rofl: