New Hondarian's on the block.... help in need!

-wolfie-

Known Member
Jun 12, 2005
Seremban
Dear Bro's, Sifu's :adore: :adore: :adore:

Just got my hands on FD2 non R.. ok ok... I know it's a very lame issue to put on for discussions... but its kind of hard to search here and there in the forum... hope all bro's here understand... honestly speaking... FD 2 ride is damn nice... of course dun take into comparison with those major players... and I just wanted to make it more "Garang" but not ah beng style.. so to all brothers and sifus... do pin point me?

1) I'm thinking to change the rims to 18".. was thinking for Advan RZ or Volks CE28N... any advices for the actual sizes? i.e offset? so on and so for? How bout spacer? do I need one? I was understand spacer is stabilize the ride... correct me if Im wrong thou... if yes... what size?

2) Tyre.. been reading few post... so Im taking a chance to go for TOYO R1R.. as I understand from the post in the forum this tyre has good grips in wet & dry condition as well as is soft enough... any better tyres?

3) Bodykit... as Im in s'ban... my choices is limited... as those accessory shop over here are really prick... been telling me this and that material... when I make a choice... the prices are sky high... since my FD is new face lift and I check mugen website as well... there is 2 options in the market .. can forget bout modulo... which I think is abit on the soft side... so I was left with mugen or kent style (add on) any good recommendations brothers?

4) ok guys... this 4th issues is out of the FD topic... it so happen I get to know a japs guy who so happen in singapore who is a grey importer and due to current economy crisis... the car market is totally dead... so I was thinking of getting him to pull in the spare parts e.g. sport rims new or old, ECU, Seat & ETC... Im not planning a rich scheme... but I was wondering if Im able to get those items in and add in abit of profit to pay for my internet connection... will it a great help to all of you in here?

Anyway... maybe this thread sounds dumb... but I do really hope some pin point for me to learn... any respond will be very much appreciated and mamat session on me....

Cheers!

-wolfie-

Known Member
Jun 12, 2005
Seremban
Erm... come on sifus ... really in need of help here....

by the way.... the seat is equipped with airbags... and I know... if I change it... there would be blinking air bag lights... any one change their FD seats yet?

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
i think the FD dedicated forum is better for FD specific topics...

http://eightgc2.forumup.com/

anyway for point 4... it's a good idea... JDM-crazy honda owners like to have their hands on JDM items

Bump: i think the FD dedicated forum is better for FD specific topics...

anyway for point 4... it's a good idea... JDM-crazy honda owners like to have their hands on JDM items

caleb_5375

1,000 RPM
Jul 21, 2007
my only advise is tat since it is a new car dun put ur bodykit too kao until we technician hard to hoist up ur car for service...hehe ....technician memang tak suka lah ....coz if we break ur bodykit which cost u some amount sure u will tiao kao kao ...hahaha...
dun scold me lah bro....just to share my feeling when i deal with bodykit kao kao car..pening pening pening

-wolfie-

Known Member
Jun 12, 2005
Seremban
i think the FD dedicated forum is better for FD specific topics...

Bro,

Thnx for you suggestion for the forum....

for the point 4... Im trying to get this japs guy to get me a set of rims... which Im taking it as trial to see wheter this 4th idea able to work out or not... will keep ypu update...

Cheers mate!:smokin:

Bump:
my only advise is tat since it is a new car dun put ur bodykit too kao until we technician hard to hoist up ur car for service...hehe ....technician memang tak suka lah ....coz if we break ur bodykit which cost u some amount sure u will tiao kao kao ...hahaha...
dun scold me lah bro....just to share my feeling when i deal with bodykit kao kao car..pening pening pening
Bro,

I can fully understand your opinion... as I've seen many scenarios that all those technicians struggling to reached the engine compartment... anyway.. my ride still ori... as I didnt seen much FD is modified.. maybe due to sky hi pricing after market parts... correct me if Im wrong... furthermore the bodykit Im looking is kind of separate and all those accessory shop scratching their heads to fit in those kits that I wanted....

BTW.. bro... any suggestion tyres and rims?

Cheers!:bandit:

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
try finding original PP lips and skirtings. fibreglass, PU and all other imitation lips n skirtings are not good enough. ori lips n skirtings are designed to for the car perfectly using screws, etc. kits designed by local shops are riveted to the car... holes are drilled. IMHO... not good at all.

if non ori is still an option, at least try finding an ori front lip. the front lip suffers from abuses due to pebbles, impact with kerbs (sometimes), etc. an ori lip can withstand all those abuses better.

-wolfie-

Known Member
Jun 12, 2005
Seremban
Bro faisal,

Hard to get ori stuff ler... if can get... price sky high... I was scouting around for all the things I want... quoted above 5k... for crying out loud... but anyway... I taken your advice to look for those items which fits to original fittings... no drill and screw...

Thnx mate...:adore:

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
get a set of RE30 or Tye-F if u got extra money & wrap a set of RE-11 on it...

GC-010E or GC-010G, while GC-07C will be another new breath for FD2 other than any Rays or SSR wheels... too many FD2 rolling on replica/imitation wheels these day, if money r the issue, just roll with the ori wheels... dun just put the shit on ur own face...:sleep:

freeman1314

Known Member
Oct 7, 2008
Here's my little opinion, if u're car not too sport like one get AX X503(not sure bout size and dimensions), if wan those JDM track car type one, get gram light 57S-Pro(drift style lolz).

Tyres depend on your own requirement, quite comfort of better performance but abit noisy ? And also your budget since you planning 19inch which their tyres will cost quite a bomb too.

Bodykit, if price is not a problem ,get ori CTR bodykits(which really cost a bomb). Don't really trust local made fiberglass product, my spoon replica eg6 spoiler crack after 1month. And as said by bro caleb 5375, don't install too overdone one, not only mechanic hate you, tyre shop hate you, car wash hate you too.

As for JDM product, come come bring in with super low price. :adore::adore::adore:
Alot of honda fans here hunger for JDM products.

All just my 2cents, coz i don't own a fd so thats all i know.

-wolfie-

Known Member
Jun 12, 2005
Seremban
get a set of RE30 or Tye-F if u got extra money & wrap a set of RE-11 on it...

GC-010E or GC-010G, while GC-07C will be another new breath for FD2 other than any Rays or SSR wheels... too many FD2 rolling on replica/imitation wheels these day, if money r the issue, just roll with the ori wheels... dun just put the shit on ur own face...:sleep:
Bro: RE30 & Type F look marvellous... but the GC... I think abit on old school... yeah... what you said make sense... dun roll on a set of replicas which slapping ownself... cheers mate!

btw: am letting go the ori rims with tyres... anyone interested? 09 version.. anyone?

-wolfie-

Known Member
Jun 12, 2005
Seremban
Here's my little opinion, if u're car not too sport like one get AX X503(not sure bout size and dimensions), if wan those JDM track car type one, get gram light 57S-Pro(drift style lolz).

Tyres depend on your own requirement, quite comfort of better performance but abit noisy ? And also your budget since you planning 19inch which their tyres will cost quite a bomb too.

Bodykit, if price is not a problem ,get ori CTR bodykits(which really cost a bomb). Don't really trust local made fiberglass product, my spoon replica eg6 spoiler crack after 1month. And as said by bro caleb 5375, don't install too overdone one, not only mechanic hate you, tyre shop hate you, car wash hate you too.

As for JDM product, come come bring in with super low price. :adore::adore::adore:
Alot of honda fans here hunger for JDM products.

All just my 2cents, coz i don't own a fd so thats all i know.
Bro:

Thnx for your tips.. just out of curiousity... whats your ride?:confused:

-wolfie-

Known Member
Jun 12, 2005
Seremban
Bro,

I found a set of SSR type C 18" at 6k... brand new ... and I understand it was last set for promo price... go for it? got japs sticker behind but between the joint part... can see the joinning part not smooth back of the wheel.... what do you think?

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Bro,

I found a set of SSR type C 18" at 6k... brand new ... and I understand it was last set for promo price... go for it? got japs sticker behind but between the joint part... can see the joinning part not smooth back of the wheel.... what do you think?
just shoot it down... thats the ori 1 with the joint...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i here tat n got c it the member here of nickname by (GTR2579)
got sell the engine 4G91 1.5 TWIN CAM,but is carburetor?????
who here got c before?? is it same power of fuel injection??
which 1 better? coz my car is satria 1.3 carb,hear tat say no need much thing coz there also carburetor,only change engine n jpj register tat all,so wats ue answer is???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience