New 2009 Subaru Forester

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

I prefer the old design. That’s enough said from me and I think it is pretty obvious to see what I mean. I don’t agree with the design, but as with almost all Subaru’s of old and new, it’s what underneath the skin that matters. The third generation 2009, a total redesign of the award winning crossover utility vehicle (CUV) that will debut at the 2008 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit in January. The new forester builds upon its predecessor’s reputation as an icon of safety, dependability and versatility.

As before, the 2009 Forester comes equipped as standard with Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive. An all-new platform featuring a 3.6 inch longer wheelbase (now 103.0 inches total) and double wishbone rear suspension improves crash worthiness and provides crisper handling, a quieter ride and increased interior and cargo space. It also has the same high seating point and interior versatility with passenger car comfort, handling and fuel efficiency as the older Forester.

It features a standard side curtain airbags with a rollover sensor, and Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC) stability and traction control system is standard on all models. With the inclusion of Subaru Dynamic Chassis Control Concept (Subaru DC3), Subaru optimized all elements of the Forester’s chassis to deliver a better balance of ride, handling response, quietness and overall traction performance than offered by competitive vehicles. Contributing to the goal include the new, high strength body structure, standard Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive, VDC and four wheel disc ABS brakes with Brake Assist safety system.

One main technological advancement in the new Forester is that the manual transmission models will feature Incline Start Assist, which can momentarily prevent the vehicle from rolling backward when being driven away from a stop on an incline.

The new Forester will offer a naturally aspirated and turbocharged/intercooled 2/5 liter Boxer engines, both revised to provide better low-end and mid-range torque for more a more responsive performance. Even with its bolder exterior and roomier interior, the new 2009 Forester is only about three inches longer than its predecessor, thus retaining the trim exterior packaging cited by Forester owners as one of this model’s most essential features.

A robust body structure, heavy duty raised four-wheel independent suspension system and up to 8.9 inches of ground clearance help make the Forester equally adept at negotiating twisty roads and absorbing ruts and bumps.

I know you are waiting for me to get to the Forester STI, but I haven’t got any information on that, yet. But as it sound, the standard Forester seems to be a platform for the engineers to work on something more extreme. Hopefully, they come up with something good, which should also look better than this. Sorry Subaru, love your engines and technology; don’t like your design ideas.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

RAINAWAY” is a trade mark registered products; “RAINAWAY” products offer you highest quality nanotechnology products and are an alternative solution to enhance the performance of your products by sophisticated technology.

For the past decade, we proud to claim ourselves as a pioneer in providing a nanotechnology protection glass coating system and nano titanium photo-catalyst coating in car care, auto motive and building/construction industries.

The nanotechnology...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience