neo campro cps losing engine oil

demomode

Sep 26, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
as per title, my car using liquimoly 10-40 engine oil, oil went missing after 3 - 4K km drive after servicing with new oil. no visible white smoke & no leakage.

izzit engine oil burned bcoz of engine too hot? or other causes?

really need help

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
as per title, my car using liquimoly 10-40 engine oil, oil went missing after 3 - 4K km drive after servicing with new oil. no visible white smoke & no leakage.

really need help
Oil went missing means loosing how many liters?

demomode

Sep 26, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Oil went missing means loosing how many liters?
after service, the oil dip shown at max level (oil level at the top marking) after 3 - 4k km ride, oil dip shown oil level is in between the max & min marking. not sure how many liters gone

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Between max & min is a huge gap. Don't think anyone here can guess by how much the lost are.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
after service, the oil dip shown at max level (oil level at the top marking) after 3 - 4k km ride, oil dip shown oil level is in between the max & min marking. not sure how many liters gone
You need to top it up until max level to know how many liters needed to top up back to max leh, so do that first. If just 0.5 ltr to top up then still rather normal, but if 1 liter or above then considered too much already.

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
From what i understand, there is a slightly lower engine oil level after a new service with new oil filter. The engine oil went into the new oil filter causes the level of engine oil drop. You can follow what sifu 6UE5t's suggestion, top up the engine oil and monitor again.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
From what i understand, there is a slightly lower engine oil level after a new service with new oil filter. The engine oil went into the new oil filter causes the level of engine oil drop. You can follow what sifu 6UE5t's suggestion, top up the engine oil and monitor again.
Normally mechanic after start engine and check for leaks, will Switch off, wait a while then check level again. This is to make sure level is correct after filling up oil filter also....:driver:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

really need help
If you are using same viscosity before and did not encounter this problem, on next oil change, change back to previous oil brand.
I have a friend encounter this problem before but for him is he changed from 5w-40 to a 5w-30. The viscosity for his car probably to thin, change back to 5w-40 then okay....:driver:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Since when la I become sifu?? :confused:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Both you consider Sifu category edi la. I like your engine 2.5L V6, the sound and power are cun.
I think most will refer us as keyboard warrior......hhahhahahhahah:rofl:
Sifu touge with taufu like Takumi......lol:driver:
I tak pandai touge la, makan touge saja boleh. :biggrin:
Ya just keyboard warrior, only knows skin deep level. :biggrin:

This 2.5 V6 has no sound leh if full std, power also biasa biasa saja coz still normal family sedan. Kena tapau left right center by other cars already.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have two questions. I love the after effects of claying especially when combined with optiseal.

Can you overclay a car? I spray ONR on the surface and clay it. The question is the frequency: I clay my car each time I wash it. Will I thin the paint?

I also clay the glass and this I believe can be done safely since glass is a much harder material. The results of claying glass is simply amazing.

Second question: I also apply Opti Seal on the car. Will claying remove it prematurely...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience