Need Suggestion on what Performance Car to get

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Let me put it this way.....

"If you wanna marry with a supermodel as a wife, would you expect her to be low maintenance?"

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Cheap road tax, but rotary engine easy to maintain??
In its stock form it's actually quite ok. It's more hassle compared to say a stock Evo but you gotta love that FD form. Slap on a bodykit and it's plenty go and show all in one package!

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
For rotary, first, must know mechanic who can do the repairs, and second, parts availability......

badtz_mark

Known Member
Jun 19, 2005
Malaysia
If...non performance...what are your suggestion?
Is the koup good?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The Koup has the same flaws as the Forte, handling. So unless you're going to spend money on getting a full set of Ultraracing bars it'll be a pain to handle if you're used to "Wira" type handling. But otherwise after a 17" swap out with lightweight 17" or 18" rims, it's a pretty cool car!

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If I remember correctly, something to do with the paddle shift. Going the wrong way, up shift but gears got on down shift.
Have not met him for a while, so not sure how it went. Should have been sent to SC for check up because quite new car....

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
If...non performance...what are your suggestion?
Is the koup good?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Koup is like hairdressers car..aka the last Celica..all show no go.

I think FD3S bit old, and the prices is not cheap, plus its all cash. If you are willing to go rotary RX-8 is a fine choice, probably about ~RM10k more than a fine FD3S, but the car is on average 10 years younger.

You want something comfortable and powerful, maybe an Altezza with a turbocharger or a 1JZ swap. Lexus comfort with Supra heart..not bad right.

still, I think you will not go wrong with a STi or EVO. they are like de facto standard.
you could throw caldina and airtrek into the mix..depending on what form factor you want.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

need to ask you guys if you've heard of this shop before and how good are they? they seem to be the nearest mod shop for me and thinking of prepping my car up there.

but need some feedback from you guys out there. biased or not...i'm all ears.

thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience