Need suggestion for exhaust and suspension ..

xMika

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
Selangor
Hi guys. I'm taking my car to change the exhaust pipings and muffler tomorrow. My stock muffler is kaput already i think .. sounds like farting .. got "putt putt putt" sound .. dad urge me to change it because its noisy.

1.) I'm using a manual 2.0L 3SFE engine (approx.140HP) in Toyota Corona ST171. Using a 4-2-1 exhaust header. Not planning to change it. I need suggestion on what diameter for the exhaust is good to slightly improve the engine's higher end torque while maintaining low to mid end power for daily city and highway drive. And any suggestion for the muffler's diameter ? Is it okay to use muffler with dual pipes like the honda accord SM4 with H22A engine?

2.)I plan to change my springs to a stiffer ones. My spring will sags when driving with more than 3 ppl in the car. Not comfortable at all. Can I just change the springs without changing the absorbers ? Will change all 4 of my tyres as well, using Bridgestone Turanza 195/60/R14.

Thanks for all the input. I will take my car to Everco at Bandar Sunway :)

Last edited:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
1. 1.8"-2.0" piping should be ok... dual pipes are jz the rear end... from extractor till mid section is still single pipe... hence, twin tail pipe is just for looks...

2. yes u can change the springs without changing absorber... but not sure where to source for corona ST171 sports spring... u will feel a little bumpy compare to before... of coz, for best option, change the absorber as well to short stroked ones.... and do consider adjustable coilover option...

xMika

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
Selangor
Thanks ..

1.) Yeah I was considering about that size too :) I dowan dual tail pipe la .. not nice hehe

2.) Decided not to change the absorber and springs yet .. my dad next time only change

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We’ve promised a special category for Hybrids and we now bring to you The HONDA Hybrid Class! All Hybrids are welcomed, and especially to the CR-Zs, this is your time to glow!. There will be a HONDA Hybrid Class Special one-off trophies to be won! Time to sign up...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience