Need some knowledge on 4g92 ECU

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
Recently was having a talk with my buddies and the ecu topic was brought up. One of my fren using maxxecu on his turbo kelisa and spent a lot for the ecu la. Another one said shouldn't have done that and instead went with a 4g92 ecu. Apparently he claims that the ecu can rechip to 256bit and work as a standalone. Anyone who has the shifu'ness on this ecu or ecu's in general can enlighten me on this? can the 4g92 ecu be capable of runin boost mapping and other motorsport functions?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Recently was having a talk with my buddies and the ecu topic was brought up. One of my fren using maxxecu on his turbo kelisa and spent a lot for the ecu la. Another one said shouldn't have done that and instead went with a 4g92 ecu. Apparently he claims that the ecu can rechip to 256bit and work as a standalone. Anyone who has the shifu'ness on this ecu or ecu's in general can enlighten me on this? can the 4g92 ecu be capable of runin boost mapping and other motorsport functions?
Standalone > stock rechipped ECU anyday bro. If rechipping was that easy to make a standalone it would be wide spread. I've never heard of converting a stock ECU into a standalone but I guess if you're smart enough you probably could get it done. However the reliability would be suspect.

Standalone can control the boost so you can skip the boost controller and will be 10x more reliable than a separate boost contoller. But of course make sure the ECU has this feature. Most of the MaxxECU models can control boost. Same goes for Links and the big brands like Haltech, Motec all definitely can. With the right tuner you can get the standalone to do a lot of things.

How much did your friend spend on his Kelisa ECU? The ECU is probably in the 4k price range, tuning about 2k thereabouts. 6k all in and the gains were probably in the 20-30% range? Anyway it all depends on your tuner. Get the right guy and the car will run like a dream

Reactions: Ranjanmax

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
Standalone > stock rechipped ECU anyday bro. If rechipping was that easy to make a standalone it would be wide spread. I've never heard of converting a stock ECU into a standalone but I guess if you're smart enough you probably could get it done. However the reliability would be suspect.

Standalone can control the boost so you can skip the boost controller and will be 10x more reliable than a separate boost contoller. But of course make sure the ECU has this feature. Most of the MaxxECU models can control boost. Same goes for Links and the big brands like Haltech, Motec all definitely can. With the right tuner you can get the standalone to do a lot of things.

How much did your friend spend on his Kelisa ECU? The ECU is probably in the 4k price range, tuning about 2k thereabouts. 6k all in and the gains were probably in the 20-30% range? Anyway it all depends on your tuner. Get the right guy and the car will run like a dream
Yes, he spent close to 6k including the tuning and all for a 23% gain of power. But another question that was raised with the 92 ECU is the price. He claims that the all was done for a whooping total of RM250!! Is it really that cheap that he managed to do everything and have all these features from the standalone?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yes, he spent close to 6k including the tuning and all for a 23% gain of power. But another question that was raised with the 92 ECU is the price. He claims that the all was done for a whooping total of RM250!! Is it really that cheap that he managed to do everything and have all these features from the standalone?
I doubt that RM250 did "everything a standalone can do". Cuz you need to understand what a standalone can do. What he did with RM250 was allow a tuner to mess with the tuning map, maybe A/F, timing and that's probably about it. A standalone can do so much more than that. Like I said it can control boost, aircon compressor cut-off, fine-tune the A/F based on different parameters like what range RPM you're at or the ambient temperature, bla blah blah.

Depending on the number of available input slots the ECU has it can control a ton of things. My old super basic standalone had 4 input slots. So I could control 4 other things in my car in tandem with the tuning map and all. For example, mine could have been setup to control the radiator fan speed if oil temps reached a certain temp. Then I'd still have 3 other inputs left for me to mess with.

That RM250 can't do that.

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
I doubt that RM250 did "everything a standalone can do". Cuz you need to understand what a standalone can do. What he did with RM250 was allow a tuner to mess with the tuning map, maybe A/F, timing and that's probably about it. A standalone can do so much more than that. Like I said it can control boost, aircon compressor cut-off, fine-tune the A/F based on different parameters like what range RPM you're at or the ambient temperature, bla blah blah.

Depending on the number of available input slots the ECU has it can control a ton of things. My old super basic standalone had 4 input slots. So I could control 4 other things in my car in tandem with the tuning map and all. For example, mine could have been setup to control the radiator fan speed if oil temps reached a certain temp. Then I'd still have 3 other inputs left for me to mess with.

That RM250 can't do that.
That rules out the fact that the 250 is something possible. So basically the 4G92 ecu is able to become a standalone i presume?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Only have experience with 4G63T ECU. Used units years ago already cost RM800. There are 3 variants, 200, 220 and 240bhp. 200 and 220 can interchange to use. only the 220 unit got extra space provided to add chip. 240 is from RS model cannot be used for 200 and 220 cars. All cannot be reprogram, so I am not sure how the 4G92 unit can......

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
That rules out the fact that the 250 is something possible. So basically the 4G92 ecu is able to become a standalone i presume?
The correct term would be "programmable" la. Don't call it a standalone. I have heard lots about the re-chipping and flashing capabilities of folks out there and I don't doubt their skill. But it doesn't make it a standalone.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
The correct term would be "programmable" la. Don't call it a standalone. I have heard lots about the re-chipping and flashing capabilities of folks out there and I don't doubt their skill. But it doesn't make it a standalone.
programmable and used in the same engine, makes sense, but a standalone technically can be used on diferent platforms... that part is what im very suspect of...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

helo....anyone know where the best place to mod bumper in penang....i would like to go n add bodykits...for iswara.......pls gv me some opinoin where is the best place.....izit RABK and LC is the best???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience