need some help on my FC!

soong2020

Known Member
Apr 28, 2006
hi zth-ans,

i own a proton iswara 1.3 n my problem is that my car everyday carries 5 people and travels around hill areas and short distances mostly, which makes my car FC super high! one full tank RM67, it only travels for 270-280km!! :X-: i think that's very bad right?

so, is there anything i can do to improve my fuel efficiency??

thanks guys for your help :_:

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
That's 22.3 miles per gallon of premium fuel. Just like for a 2 litre engine. When all else fail, try a bottle of Tufoil and let us see what happens.

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
soong2020 said:
hi zth-ans,

i own a proton iswara 1.3 n my problem is that my car everyday carries 5 people and travels around hill areas and short distances mostly, which makes my car FC super high! one full tank RM67, it only travels for 270-280km!! :X-: i think that's very bad right?

u must be carrying 4 fat guys...........
haha joking........u already said the points
5 people at least around 300kg
somemore uphill........

what u can do.....throw out your spare tyre and jacker loh.....pump all your tyres to 230 and off aircond ask them wind down the window if u r in low speed climbing hill.....if won't got wind drag effect to your power and speed

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
wey wey, dun ask him to take out his spare tyre la ... he's carrying 4/5 ppl everyday n go up hill all, more chance of kena... u noe *touch wood* ...

juz off aircond when going up hill la ... n get those passengers to pay for ur patrol also la, what is this.... free ride ar? subsidize abit la ...

soong2020

Known Member
Apr 28, 2006
nitrus said:
wey wey, dun ask him to take out his spare tyre la ... he's carrying 4/5 ppl everyday n go up hill all, more chance of kena... u noe *touch wood* ...

juz off aircond when going up hill la ... n get those passengers to pay for ur patrol also la, what is this.... free ride ar? subsidize abit la ...

hahahah.. of cos no!!!! i do charge them for part of the petrol la! hehe i'm not so rich dudes! okay back to the point.... well besides throwing those people out or abandoning my spare tyre ( everyday so heavy later pamcit how :P ) ... is there anything else i can do on my engine just to make it surpass the 300km mark??

i mean is there anything i can do on my engine to boost my fuel efficiency?? i just retuned my engine and changed plugs 2 months ago... only managed to get 260-270... before that was in 240 region...

thx guys :_:

johnsmith

Known Member
Mar 26, 2005
Visit site
soong2020 said:
hi zth-ans,

that is expensive but are you always in the jam? typically RM65 (1.95/litre) can get around 400km.

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
johnsmith, u hav to take into consideration about his case ... 4-5 people on board , frequent hill areas, ,short distance drives ..

soong2020, i think ur FC could be considered normal with the way u hav to drive everyday... im sure u hav to press abit more on the pedal when u go up hill right? especially with the big load of passangers....

if u really wanna make sure... maybe get a carb spray to clean ur carb abit, then check ur ignition timing, n check ur airfilter whether it's clean or not .... do u go for regular servicing?

dun worry la.. hehehh now petrol price so high, i drive alone normally, super light footed (only rev sometimes) also still hard to get past 320-350km with RM50/26Liters , also 1.3 carburetor, modded abit lagi ...

Last edited:

soong2020

Known Member
Apr 28, 2006
icic.. yea gona go for the 5000km servicing soon d as i just bought this car second hand few months ago. And i doubt those second hand car dealers will overhaul the car before selling.

My driving around here always stop and go again. Almost identical to stuck in jams in KL.. sigh..

About carburetor cleaning, how can it be done? Is it by asking the mechanic to do it for me when i send it for servicing?

Last time i told him of my problem he re-tuned my engine and changed my spark plugs and it gave me extra 20-30km! which is of course good news.

Or by changing to a better engine oil will make a difference?

Thx for advising :_:

Last edited:

soong2020

Known Member
Apr 28, 2006
Alright pals, now i get the picture. Regarding the injector cleaning thing, i think i'll just leave it to my mech and do it for me la, since i dont think it's been cleansed before.

So is it that i just go ask my mechanic and tell him i wana do a thorough carb cleaning and he'll know what to do? And i saw the thread there wrote that it will damage my spark plugs? Cos i've just changed them 2 months ago.

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
got extra solution also la.....

ask them all slim down, diet, weight loss and such

hahahaha as well as u also.

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
soong2020 said:
So is it that i just go ask my mechanic and tell him i wana do a thorough carb cleaning and he'll know what to do? And i saw the thread there wrote that it will damage my spark plugs? Cos i've just changed them 2 months ago.
No it wont damage ur spark plugs, maybe some carbon might stick to ur plugs but that's all. You could take ur spark plugs out n clean them abit with sand paper after that if u want .. No biggie.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all,

I plan to buy a car with my budget of below 10k and what I found in mudah.com is

1. BMW E28 525i :driver:
2. Volvo 740 Turbo:evil:
3. Honda Inspire:dontknow:
4. Toyota Camry (1st model, Japan):dontknow:

I just need a sport family car which have a reasonable power, don't really burn your pocket for FC and doesn't make you broke to maintain. With that budget, Volvo & Inspire is newer, I mean on 90's, while BMW & Camry is in 80's. Please help me to make the right choice as this...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience