Need some Help-engine transplant 190E

Jul 12, 2008
hello to all old-timer in 0-100...im a newbie here n i dunno where to post my 'newbie message' here.so sorry...Myb its not a big deal,i guess :) actually im in dilemma now.i ride a 190E mercedes and want to swap my engine.im a turboholic so i want to know which engine is much BETTER to use.is it RB series?SR series?1jzgte?evo?argghhh...im really in dilemma now...please help me.... :rolleyes:

TurboRojak

Jul 12, 2008
huhu,mmg la dah mahal.tapi dah minat nak buat camner...so can u help me...?i xtau dr segi HP yang best,barang2 sparepart,barang2 utk modifikasi,n etc...

TurboRojak

Jul 12, 2008
one more thing,my friends say to swap to RB20DET engine.but i saw in YouTube,mostly Mat Saleh swap this 190E to 1jzgte engine...so any comment bout this..?

TurboRojak

Jul 12, 2008
owh..so its optional wether i want to use 1jz or RB20...so thx yuhanisa...one more prob is how bout engine mounting?want to create new mounting?is it approval by JPJ..?how bout CC..?my stock engine is 1.8L so if i want to swap to 1jz,its 2.5L..is it legal..?4 my info,CC can increase only 25%-30% from stock CC only...hmmm,sory if i too much questioning,coz i dun want any unwanted prob occur later...:biggrin:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
so lucky for owning 190e...been dreaming of owning one myself...

just wanna ask.... is it hard/expensive to acquire the engine from 190 E 2.3-16 & 2.5-16 "Cosworth"?

if i got the $$$ and the courage to mod such a fine classics, i'd go for the engines mentioned above or just an SR20DET...think it suited the chassis better n still within the max capacity allowed

then again...i'm just a dreamer, up to you TurboRojak... all the engines mentioned have been transfered successfully so far...just get a good and experienced mechanic

as for approvals...I'm sure we can get done one way or the other riiight?! :wink:

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello Guys, i am from Johor Bahru, driving a Mitsubishi Pajero 4wd, and i'm interested to modify a little, like adding a tow, the type with long cable and reel, so when other car got stuck in the mud, i can use my reel and pull them out.
also modify the air intake hose to the roof of the car, so water wont get in easily.

any good workshops for 4wd around Johor area ? Please introduce me. Fairly new to this.
Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience