Need opinion on buying & selling ethics in ZTH..

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Gudmorning guyz,

i'd like to know your opinion on this..

on 25Nov2012 i post a pic of a thing that i'm looking for..

on 19Dec2012, a guy 'Mr S' from Manila said he has it & reply to the thread (qouted my wordings too).. "is this the one your are looking for? I have one back it is back home if you willing to pay for shipping might be able to ship it to malaysia"

on 20Dec2012 i PM 'Mr S' and there's no answer

on 26Dec2012 i replied to the thread "u got PM.. this 1 i want"

i didn't know.. somewhere in between those conversation 'Mr B' contacted 'Mr S' and surprisingly 'Mr S' sold that thing to him..

and i understand that 'Mr B' know about this from 'Mr S' reply to me..

i was like.. WTF?

What is your opinion about this.. should 'Mr S' sell the thing to me or to 'Mr B'?

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
if there's no verbal confirmation then there's no obligation to sell to you man. that's just tough luck

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Assholes are everywhere, both buyers and sellers :) Look at the bright side, the asshole isn't the only guy with the item.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
if there's no verbal confirmation then there's no obligation to sell to you man. that's just tough luck
the thing is.. he quoted my text n offer me d item..

then out of no where comes d other guy n stole d offer made to me

how is it fair?

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
Al the internet-age old "should someone buy/sell something under someone else". Unless you have booked the item with cash..I would say the seller reserves the right to sell to whom ever arrives first/pays first.

These things happen..money talks. I hate that.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
the thing is.. he quoted my text n offer me d item..

then out of no where comes d other guy n stole d offer made to me

how is it fair?
Bro, unfortunately in this world money talks. The only way to book an item is to pay a deposit first no matter how small. But at the same time unscrupolous sellers can always change their minds to sell to the 'highest bidder' or whoever coughs up the money first.

Either way it's unfortunate it happened to you but unless it's a super rare item, you'll always have the option to get it from other source. Chill! And Manila? Isn't that a risky buy/sell since overseas?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Nothing to comment but to agree with all the comments stated earlier.
Money 1st is always the thing in purchasing or booking an item :smile:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
he didn't quote me a price until a few days ago.. so, how to put deposit?

and when he quote price.. he also said some1 else already make appointment to see d item..

and FYI .. the item is rare..

:banghead:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
D7zul, sorry to hear your encounter...from my humble POV. I think it's not fair for you. Since you the person who 1st contacted the seller Mr.S. You PMed him and he didn't reply and instead sold to another person...like others posted money talk 1st but it's not so gentlemen move to me.

If I were him, I would have told Mr. B sorry, this item MR. D7zul already asked for it..I will let him know if my sales succeed with D7zul or not 1st before selling to Mr. B..

I've sold things before and still do now from time to time...if multiple buyer asking for the same item I will reply them all and see who is interested...sometimes after 1 week no reply I will still automatically send PM to those previous buyers asking them are they still interested to buy or not because got other people asking for it also....if no reply then sorry the items will be sold to the guy that have constant contact with me.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I guess is norm that majority sellers will do the same, if they cant confirm
with a buyer on an item they are selling but suddenly another person comes
in and ask about the same item and confirm straight with the agreed price,
I too will sell to him instead of waiting for the other interested buyer to respond.

I mean, there is a potential buyer that confirm immediately, if I were to say
sorry, someone already ask for the item. BUT what if the so called interested
buyer decided not to buy? It will be a losing situation for the seller. Unless all
booking/deposit made between the seller and buyer. Then if he sells it another
buyer, then that's gonna be some ethics issue.

In this case, personally to me, i think is right for him to do so la. Just my 2 cents ya.

But as mentioned by TR if there are constant communication with the buyer and seller, I would
entertain the one who is asking 1st which is actually more decent way of dealing and put the other
party on hold.

:biggrin:

Last edited:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
SF, yes there's always a risk that the earlier buyer would FFK....I have encounter this before but it don't mean I can't find another buyer....that's why it's more to ethic problem..it's just my opinion la, sometimes it's not just getting the thing sold as quick as possible...it's about leaving a good seller impression also as this will attract back the same buyer or recommendation....well you can't always make everyone happy but at least you don't create a bad impression of yourself to others...

*just to add a point, as buyers, they also need to be responsible....If you have inquired for an item and the seller replied you...buying it or not is another thing but at least have the courtesy to reply to the seller with some message like thank you, let me consider it..etc...at least you let the seller know "ok, you've read my PM, SMS or e-mail."

Last edited:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
thanx 4 ur opinion..

1 thing i want to highlight..

he doesn't post the item "FOR SALE"

he post "IN REPLY OF MY POST".. which i posted "LOOKING FOR AN ITEM"

if u didn't understand.. read my 1st post again..

i'm selling items online too.. but if i offer an item to 1 person, i'll make sure he confirm to buy or not first.. only if he didn't want it, then i will offer to sum1 else..

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Then I guess MR.S is choosing who to sell to instead at the end of the day. But is true in ethics wise,
he should have replied you 1st regarding the item he offered you before selling off to another person
who asking for it as well. At least a note to tell u that the item is sold to another buyer or something.

Look more like a selective sales now...

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Well legally there's no agreement between you two...and also there's no contract in between. So it's like signing an MoU, signed, but it is actually no binding agreements. Ethically wise...well if he promised you to deal with you first then he is a greedy asshole. If not, it's just luck bro

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Actually is price check. Recently I got offered for this at RM1800. Include installation n tuning. Is that ok price?

Also, how good is GAB? Whats your point of view?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience