Need opinion Nissan Sentra 2009 model

carneo

Nov 10, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I got offer of Nissan sentra 2009 model with around RM 60K. is it worth to go for, any one please help to compare and give opinion on which to choose especially the Nissan Sentra 2009 model,

I have not much expiriance on Sentra but heard that the Sentra was phase out it may have spare parts problem, I try to search the sentra spec but look like not much in fomation for that car and the Sentra look like not many function exp: drive handling feature, if compare the FC Sentra is the most fuel comsumption car. :stupid:

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
hey bro , i ahve the sentra year 2004 , its basicly the ame model nissan sentra n16 just that the 2007 model onwards has facelift front end and some come wif nismo bodykit, overall engine is the 1.6.

It is a very powerful and reliable engine as long it has been well taken care of , fuel consumption is a little heavy bcoz its 1.6 engine is just sufficient to pull that heavy body , but drives well no underpower feeling unless u are carrying full load of people.

The automatic transmission is smooth as long as it has been service every 20-25k km with nisan atf.

My average fuel consumption of city driving is 10-11 KM per liter of fuel. I am a heavy foot driver , the sentra has a very responsive engine tehrefore if you are like me you will tend to floor the pedal. Top speed is around 170-180km/h , but top end power is weak after about 140km/h.

Its a high revving engine so dun worry about the needle touching the redline the engine characteristics are such , this car will be most enjoyed when goin up hills like genting or cameron highland, the engine pulls very well with no power lag on hills.

Parts are cheap , just buy them from sparepart shops, i can recommend one in pj , i am currently running my car wth castrol magnatec 10w-40 semi synthetic oil and using shell / mobil fuel only.

Recent things i changed (just so u can know pricing of parts)

1. complete absorber change all 4 around > rm650 using kayaba with installation
2. Rear tailight broke , nissan original is rm350 but mine is local taillight > rm130 (i am using more then a year with no problem)

3. Brake pads > rm60 front and brake shoe rear > rm50
7. Average service every 5k km (engine oil / oil filter) > rm130 and below
8. Major service every 20k km(engine oil / oil filter / air filter / spark plugs and atf fluid change) RM 350 and below

The suspension is soft and comfortable , its very well insulated and its very fun to drive.

Please do pm me for further details

carneo

Nov 10, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Ravingill

are your Sentra is 1.6SG-L ? I am offer the 1.6G without ABS and breaking assit this is the thing that make me think so long cause all car now alredy include at least a ABS it it possible to install the ABS and the rear disc break, and how it cost.

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
mine is w/o abs also , and no rear disk break, u shud be getting the facelift model with new front headlights mine is older with the bigger headlights. Mine is year 2004. Well the braking is good , dun worry abt tht , in fact its one of the best brakes i have ever had other then my honda type z, even my mercedes sl300 and s320l dont bite tht much. Just make sure ur pads and brake oil is sufficient.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Goodyear Malaysia has their eye set on this year’s Formula Drift 2012, which will be taking place from 19th till 20th May 2012 at Kuala Lumpur’s Speed City.

<!--more-->Drift veterans Tan Tat Wei (TTW) and Hinizam “Loyai” Hamzah will be spearheading Goodyear Malaysia’s drift in both Malaysia and Singapore; bringing the heat to the competition and looking to do battle against...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience