need opinion from sifu...

peterj

1,000 RPM

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
currently driving a honda eh2 (similar to eg8), i am confuse on which road should i go to mod my car... i imagine a few ways but i dunno what will be the real output since i new to honda..... pls give ur opinion and help, my current engine is zc 1.6 sohc, manual.... so my plans are

1. b.o.t the current engine, but since it is low boost(0.5 bar), i only afraid those power output does not fulfill my hunger of G force.. if need going higher boost (1 bar), dunno where to find the internal parts upgrades and the cost and output might just like normal b series

2. b16a+b.o.t (low boost), by dumping in this , i think the power will be magnificent, however i had saw 1 fren rojak b16a turbo in his eg end up slower then n/a form, that is what i concern...

3. b18c type R, this is the most costly 1 but i believe the stock form of this R engine is scary enough, what i concern is i plan to get the dc2 h/cut after 98 which with N3E gearbox which have longer 4th and 5th ratio other then the S80 gearbox which is close ratio and make fuel consumption suffer a lot....

which way will be the best way all sifu:confused::confused::banghead::banghead: Pls help:confused::confused: the power output, fuel consumption, cost,anything pls comment and give opinion:confused::confused: newbie to the honda...

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Given your options, I'll go with option 3 as well.

I quite disagree for Honda engines to be turboed. NA should be the best. This is just my opinion. And of course no harm in BOT. B18CR is expensive but you will surely be satisfied with the right tuner. Or you can opt for B20 VTEC too. Hehe.

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Go for option 3 ba.. if still not enough to satisfy you, den go BOT + 2.0block.. still not enough? Put NOS.. still cannot satisfy? Dump in K20A and BOT + 2.4block + NOS.. if like this still cannot satisfy your hunger.. i think the best way is don't mod your car.. just buy a skyline R34.. because once you mod, you'll be hunger forever.. it's like a poison.. hehe... just my 2 cents..

jeheyr

500 RPM

jeheyr

500 RPM
Jun 1, 2004
Ampang Jaya
community.webshots.com
i will go for no 2 or 3 depends on situation... theres a lot of workshop can tune b series engine to be a good vtec turbo.. i prefer avantech since there did a lot of RnD for vtec turbo... for b16a-T, we can easily get 250-350hp... BUT, as always, turbo need more maintenance than NA.. If you want easy maintenance, go for b18cR.. 200hp.. NA..

AD_EG

6,000 RPM

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
hmm....among those options. 3 is the best.

but maybe you consider to add a fourth?

b16a halfcut, and get a b20 block....the power here is veryyyyyyy nice...price will be cheaper than b18c type R halfcut and its also cheaper than BOT a b16a...but power is as powerful as those setups.. try out this setup..and i doubt ull go for BOT anymore...

WPQ800

1,000 RPM

WPQ800

1,000 RPM
Apr 7, 2008
agree.... either go with b18c-r or get a b20b.....
the precious vtec roar is more visible with b18b.... torque is higher with b20b....
or maybe get a b16b complete halfcut.... (option 2.5 without the boost.....heheheh)

keep the honda NA as it should.... it will serve u well as it is quite durable.... once u BOT then u get higher figures but make sure ur pocker is also deeper....

trust me.... the engine is a screamer.... and very addictive..... also consider your base platform (mounting, chassis, suspension, bushings, brakes, etc) just so that it can keep up with the new powerplant....

cheers bro!

AD_EG

6,000 RPM

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
a screamer she is. nobody else will ever be able to scream like she did. :bawling:

mADmAN

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
of all 3 options... no. 3 is the best...easiest, most powerful.. reliable.

but id go with B18C GSR.. cheaper than no 3 and u still get the torque of a 1.8....plus no need to mod this and mod that so u should get a reliable engine...

or B16A halfcut + B20 block as others have mentioned.. 2.0 torque babeh.....b20 can be reliable if built properly.. but it also has a reputation of going kaput...but the torque... my b20 blew in SIC.. and i rebuilt (and modded) another B20... could have saved some money if just plonked in a B18C-R... but the torque....oh the torque....thats why i went with B20 again...

but for B16....theres a reason why they made this picture

hahahahahahhaha

peterj

1,000 RPM

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
peterj
wat happened to yr 600hp evo? still around ah?
stock wira with e4 engine only, accident in the rain cause of china nankang tyre:banghead::banghead:float on water while braking, damn, should upgrade it earlier:banghead::banghead:

anyway, i sell it and get a honda already....

all sifu, i do a lot of survey, b16a h/cut, at least 7k for non lsd and 8k plus for lsd, b16b 12k plus,b18c R 13k plus, b18c gsr lsd 10k, non lsd 9k(this 1 with installation)...

all sifu, what u think if i do like this, d16, forged internal, block guards, upgrade injector, tdo5h, management and boost the hell out of it?? cost similar to those halfcut and installation, and with forged internal and proper tune, i think power output is far more then those stock h/cut and reliable also rite??

here is the latest project of a guy in kuching,eg3 d16,target 400 whp,turbo to4e, 0.8bar. currently cant archieve it yet since injector too small cannot up anymore,stock block and forged internal :wavey::wavey:
what will all u sifus think??

Gambar Dinding | Facebook

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
stock wira with e4 engine only, accident in the rain cause of china nankang tyre:banghead::banghead:float on water while braking, damn, should upgrade it earlier:banghead::banghead:

anyway, i sell it and get a honda already....

all sifu, i do a lot of survey, b16a h/cut, at least 7k for non lsd and 8k plus for lsd, b16b 12k plus,b18c R 13k plus, b18c gsr lsd 10k, non lsd 9k(this 1 with installation)...

all sifu, what u think if i do like this, d16, forged internal, block guards, upgrade injector, tdo5h, management and boost the hell out of it?? cost similar to those halfcut and installation, and with forged internal and proper tune, i think power output is far more then those stock h/cut and reliable also rite??

here is the latest project of a guy in kuching,eg3 d16,target 400 whp,turbo to4e, 0.8bar. currently cant archieve it yet since injector too small cannot up anymore,stock block and forged internal :wavey::wavey:
what will all u sifus think??

Gambar Dinding | Facebook
I have seen many d16 turbo cars around. Even my exhaust guy's track car is the same. I can't say much about going turbo. I only read and talk about it a little but I know very well it's doable. Have you visited Honda-tech? There are quite a number of them who discuss on turbo Honda's. Maybe you can get an idea from there.

GEFORCEXTREME

Known Member

GEFORCEXTREME

Known Member
Nov 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
If G force is what you want, go for a proper turbo setup.

It doesn't matter which engine to put turbo, either one. NA you will never get too much G force.

By putting in a turbo, I don't mean those done cheaply aka sekadar boleh jalan low boost type. If you're really keen on doing this, do a full rebuild, change your pistons to low comp pistons, get some new adequately sized ball-bearing turbos, get aftermarket ecu/management. If done right, it will never be slower than an NA like what your friend is experiencing. But be caution, it will never be cheap.

For a turbo, I think its good enough to use your current engine for the job. Yeah, B16 is better for the job, but you need to get the halfcut of it and hence double the price of the whole project.

But what most important is planning, how much power do you really want, and go concult the sifus whether it is reachable with a setup you plan.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hye to all sifus..
i planning toget a car under 10k.
i am really looking for a modded one.
juz wanted opinion of you guys whether should i go for a na or a turbo car to strt with.
give me your views on maintainance and stuff..
hope you guys cn help..
thx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience