Need Help!!

red_celica

Jul 5, 2009
Feeling kinda sad and reluctant to sell. But at same time feel really itchy; mainly due to the huge price drop for the 350z during the past one year. Noticed many young drivers cant afford to cough up the $$$ come the time to renew roadtax, insurance, installment, tyres and parts. Hoping to catch a desperate seller soon:driver:. When I first bought my Celica 3 yrs ago, 350z's were selling for DOUBLE the $$$. Now 350z's are so much more affordable. Saw a unit in mudah.com not too long ago selling for RM105k only. Unfortunately it had an auto tranny.

Dont really feel the urge to have a 'giant killer'. I believe the better known giant killers are the Evo's and Subaru's. Just want to have something different with a more luxurious interior to cruise around in. The Integra is a fantastic car too but the shape (which looks like a 2door Civic) doesnt really appeal to my taste.

Dont get me wrong, I've enjoyed my Celica for the past 3 yrs. Its a real fun car to drive. Its just the 'itch' from within.....:driver:
__________________________________________________________________________________

Hahaha...how r u doin' bro?!!!

What did I said?! I knew it...keh keh keh! I knew it if u feel the itch to change ur ride, u might opt the 350Z man. That's a good choice man! I'm too purchased my car juz around urs too and I knew all about the price of the 350Z then..yup..it is double than our celica!! Plus, I also remember that the RX8 also cost nearly 190k that time around. Yes, it is now a good time for u to get ur hand on the 350Z but I might suggest u bro, be patience...wait for the grey importer to bring in the 370Z and I bet u that the 350Z will further drop it price!! I'm also waiting for a 'big' bonus of mine to rolling and I'm too felt tempted getting one but I feel torn between my dream car, which is the GTR34 vs the 350Z!! Hmmm...1 still got huge price tag and the other got huge road tax..hahaha...pening liao!! :hmmmm:

Regarding on the 'giant killer' matter, there's no doubt that the Evo and Scooby are the potential being one. But the Fensport Celica UK did surprise few when it too beat the Skyline and others. I mean bro...imagine anyone who drive a Evo, Scooby or Skyline got smoke by a Celica (if u convert like this wan la)?!!! Evo and Scooby, ppls can expect wan but Celica...

Anyway, got luck finding ur dream 350Z bro...oh ya...get the manual.... :driver: vroom vroom

Take care, drive safe!

Last edited:

gsrTurbo9166

500 RPM
Apr 23, 2005
Hi All,

Would like to share with you all about my problem, solution and price. (hope this can help those who having the same problem)

Problem:
1. When driving till 6krpm to activate the lift, the car jerk and then the rpm only climb till 7k. No lift at all. :'(
2. After constantly drive at 3-4k rpm engine light ON giving P1349 and P1656. :'(

Done to the car:
1. Change lift bolt.(Thanks to Barb and Steven on helping me to diagnose and able to get me a set of lift bolt)
2. Change OCV on the lift side. no more P1656 but P1349 still there.
3. Change rocker shaft and VVTi controller (Rocker shaft took me months to arrive from Japan)

After changing all the things above, my car is back. Tested on Wednesday 26th Aug 09, everything works fine. (Thanks to Kev who purposely drive my car from Gurney to my office just for my testing purpose)

Took my car yesterday 27th Aug 09. Tested it on the way back and everything works as per spec.

Price:
Lift Bolt: RM16 (done in KL)
OCV: Forgot how much, RM250 I think (done in Penang with no labour charge)
Rocker shaft: RM370
VVTi Controller: RM510 (done in Penang with labour charge for both rocker shaft and VVTi Controller at RM120)

Total: RM1066
(Will double confirm the price with the receipt)
Thanks to Chuan and others from TOM's Penang.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I found this on the net. Any of the DIY kings wanna try it out? I can only access half the article though, sigh. Need to pay.

http://f2.autospeed.com/cms/A_0059/article...?popularArticle
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience