Need Help

WinDz

Mar 29, 2004
well before this i had tighten the handbrake by adjusting the screw at the handbrake and now it get loose again after my mech pull da handbrake like bull liddat.. so now i wanna adjust the screw but its a max aledi and i still not satisfy with the handbrake tightness.. is there any other place where i can adjust to make it tighter?

simonchangwaimun

Nov 21, 2003
teamshadowrider.multiply.com
change handbrake cable
my mech oso ask me do that...

khguan

Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
de brake can be adjusted at de drums there.. if adjust until kenot adjust liao... means dat u have to change ur brake pads liao..

never heard of ppl changing brake cable... unless it is sticky or jammed..

ksgoh

May 19, 2004
Kedah/Penang
Originally posted by khguan@Oct 25 2004, 01:07
de brake can be adjusted at de drums there.. if adjust until kenot adjust liao... means dat u have to change ur brake pads liao..

never heard of ppl changing brake cable... unless it is sticky or jammed..
the drum brake is same as the motorbike one ar??

khguan

Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
no no.. not dat type.. car wan is inside de drum... have to open up de drum... then use a flat screwdriver to tighten de brake..

ask ur mech to do it.. at de same time he will clean all de dust in it... and check de brake rubber seals also... B)

WAJA2003

Open the drum n can see the thing like gear,use screwdriver to adjust it.....but better give mech adjust larrr,not expensive 1 larr,sap sap sui work only...

QiW

Jan 6, 2004
adjusting drum brakes at the rear wil not only impove your handbraking ability .. it will increase your ability to drift too ... hehehehe ... coz if u do so then your brake bias will go to the rear more even when u are using your normal brake pedal .. the rear will makan more and that will increase your chance of becoming takumi .. hahahahaa ..
just get new cables or talk to your mechanic nicely to find out if there is another way of doing it laaa ... :)

QiW

Jan 6, 2004
Originally posted by ksgoh@Oct 25 2004, 17:42
the hand brake really do the job??
do what job ??? stop the car from moving when u park your car ??? YES !!!! hehehehehehee ....

WinDz

Mar 29, 2004
ic.. so can do adjustment at the drum section there also ... i better bring to da mech and let him do..lol.. scad later i screw everything up then mati man... now actually da drum brake okie wan, but just not tight enuff for me to play ass swing ler.. ^.^ so i think changing the handbrake cable will be unnecessary for me ler..

simonchangwaimun

Nov 21, 2003
teamshadowrider.multiply.com
my rear brake is disc woh...so how to tighten it?
but my mech told me that the cable after long time will lentur woh...

Hi to all bros out there...can anyone recommend me to any shop that is good for changing extractor n muffler...