Need help!!white bulb i brought today!!

verticalimit

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
last time i use a white light vost me bout rm96 then i use for 3 years until i sold my car off still very white.i use thoe cheap cannot tahan ler...

Amedion

1,000 RPM
Feb 23, 2005
Teluk Pulai
amedion.fotopic.net
yeah meh titanrev.. but honda city's light also quite bright i must say.. somemore the design of the headlight quite similiar to accord leh.. how come?? nvm then.. i'll get my dynamo checked by tomolo c if there's any improvement..

jz my opinion/suggestion.. dun buy bulb range rm45 n below.. get something like rm80~rm1xx... nego a bit n u can get around rm60.. cheers ...

HMS

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2004
Penang
www.maxperformance.com.my
The bulb need to be dye blue in order to achieve white light. The darker the blue, the whiter the light it come out. BUT...the sacrifice is, the darker the dye makes the lumens of the bulbs lower, hence not as bright as those standard bulbs. There are some bulbs out there which I know does not use dye, the glass of the blub itself is blue, those bulbs will last longer, as the dye will not peel off. The bulbs lifespan will also last longer, because no coating is used.

Halogen bulbs like Polarg 5000k or Philips Diamond Vision however are able to project whiter light with a less blue glass. Basically the more accurate the filamen generate the maximum brightness at the rated watt, the filamen will produce a less yellowish light and it does not need a darker blue to get a white spectrum. But it needs very good QC as the tolerance of the filamen is lower against voltage fluctuations. With using less darker blue, the rated lumens of these bulbs is higher, means brighter on the road.
The Platinum bulb, I also try to sell before, but its not white so better to keep in my tong sampah. Try to look for Michiba, this brand H4 is very bright and white enough (but dun expect like HID white) when compare to many outside. Err....dun ask me now about mine, cos I still dun have stock and many are waiting too. If urgent, try shop, some might still have stocks.

soulseaker

500 RPM
Mar 22, 2005
I also using cap ayam white bulb, buy it at brothers. Im not teasing you, but if i remember correctly, i bought mind for RM 8.90 only (during promotion). They test it for me at the counter and it show white light. When i install it to my car the light also white lah. If the light is white, it is white lah in whatever conditions. Use it for quite some time already and still working.

The problem with the light is if in road with lamp post lighting, it is like the light is not on at all, but use it in dark area it is very bright, even brighther then the original yellow bulb. I use blue color bulb for the small light, look nice. If you look into the head lamp with high light on, it is like the eye of my car with blue dot in the middlle. My car still beeming out white light also. I think your accessories shop only giving excuses, before i use the small blue bulb, i also use the small yellow bulb with my chap ayam bulb, also beem out white light from the head lamp.

Another problem with the white light is the light can't beem through fog area(when going up or down genting). Drive my father car with yellow light got better visibilities in fog area. Thinking to add fog lamp for my car already

HMS

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2004
Penang
soulseeker:
If ur headlamp cover is yellowish already, the light won't come out that white though, so not in whatever condition it will be white. Be careful with your bulb socket, check it periodically for crack or melting, if melt and short your car electrical circuit, it won't be Rm8.90 to repair. Haha....you never saw Michiba white bulbs in working condition before I presume. If you have a chance, take a look at it.

With lamp post lighting, for white lights, you will need a higher lumens bulb. However in foggy condition white bulbs will still loose to yellow bulbs. Its the nature of light reflection.

GTi9158

Known Member
Apr 23, 2005
Sydney & P.J.
hey, I just installed white lights too, a couple of days ago. I swapped to white at Kakimotor Sunway. Here's the deal, I bought "PIA2" brand lowlights, and they're really white, not a sign of yellow. Only cost me 20 bucks! 12V/45W if I'm not mistaken.

As for the foglights, I went for a MICHIBA brand, RM80. After installation, it looked the same as my old yellow ones... I was like... "wtf?!". The feller told me it would look a little yellow in the afternoon, and asked me to try at night again. He said I coull change them if they're not white. I tried at night, and he was right! They were damn white and super bright!

The guy at KM told me if I'm satisfied with the low's and fog's, then come back again to change the headlamps. Same price, MICHIBA RM80. Donno if I got conned on the price, but the lights are superb, no regrets. You guys should check it out!

GTi9158

Known Member
Apr 23, 2005
Sydney & P.J.
yalah, i kena con edi... :p
i got the 2 pc's Michiba fogs + pia2 low lamps for 100 buck, with installation.

soulseaker

500 RPM
Mar 22, 2005
HMS said:
H1/H3/H4 all price is RM45 (can nego a bit) (55W/100W same price)

Rest model RM 60-80

3 months warranty for Michiba

however H1 installed on Waja, always got problem of burnt bulb. H1 not as white as H4 or H3.
Actually, i already add something to my car to allow it to install white bulb. But now take it out already, thinking to do rewiring for the fuse box cause quite old and quite messy. Now still at workshop doing engin conversion (cause engin condemmed, change to normal proton engin only).

So HMS, you open car acessory shop ah or you only provide MIchiba light bulb. Can the Michiba light bulb install to normal wiring ah, do i need to add realy or not, quite interested, maybe can ask you to fix fog light for my car also. Can recommend any brand or type for fog light (budget around RM 100)

HMS

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2004
Penang
Use the 55W not need relay kit bro.

How to open acc shop, no money lar. Me trader oni, selling accesories and spareparts.
Around RM100 for fog light, hmm....I got a set fog light source from michiba too. Bright and lasting. Can sell to you at RM 100. But installation you have to do it your self or since now your car is transplanting, you can ask them to install the fog lamp one shot. Maybe they won't charge you leh.

HMS

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2004
Penang
I mean the whole fog lamp, not just the bulb. the bulb is rm40 oni to all zth members. Other place I sell at around RM 45 - 48. Why here cheaper cos all zth members are very smart, want to make a bit more oso very tough leh :p

RM 100 is the fog lamp with standard michiba bulbs inside, wiring kit, switch and relays. The fog lamp is using H3 bulbs. Got round and oval shape.

Michiba 4350K H1/H4/H3 bulbs per box here i am selliing at RM 40 with 3 months warranty on burnt and discolouring. But pls dun make noise at shops outside cos I am not suppose to sell to users at RM40 leh, if not my supplier with tiu me.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As part of BMW’s opening celebration for their first i-Store in London, a particular BMW i3 Concept has been abducted and subsequently returned only to fulfil its new found purpose for its existence – to luxuriate their driver and occupants.

<!--more-->For one thing, the exterior of the i3 Concept has been untouched, but the interior seems to have been restyled along the lines of what Gucci or Coach...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience