Need help!!white bulb i brought today!!

kokanChai

Known Member
May 2, 2005
A small Town in
today i went with friends..to a car accesories..shop
around puchong corner..

i brought a Whitebulb..Name (Platinum H4 12v Volt-> 100/90w-180-140w)
Cost me Rm48

n the guys install it to my car..
after install n ..try it..firstly i c...it doesnt show any white light come out..i can only C.. reclect yellow light..as usual..cause in noon...
the guys..say that coz..now sunny Hot..he assume me to try at night..
than it goes differents...

he ask me to change the small light- bulb as wells..to white..
so it show more bright at night..(so i changed it)

so..at the night i try..

its goes Yellow light!! like usual i using..cant notifty like a white light oso..
Wat the fark man!!

i am wonder..is it my front fog lamp..is abit light yellow..so it direct out..seem yellow colour?
it impossible right?hmmmm...

help guys..i feels cheater..darn!

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
go back to the shop and TIU them kau kau.....ask them go to hell...if ur light is white...u on d light on morning, afternoon or night oso white la dude.....go back n tiu..ask refund

jaywat

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
Just go back to the shop and complaint lar

140dB

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
johor
white light wanted

hi there,

most standard halogen bulbs(wira,saga, etc) project a yellow light. Usually changing just the bulb wont get you significantly brighter or whiter light.

why dont you take advantage of one of our forum member
http://zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=21467
who is selling hid kits real cheap. ask him to courier to you and go your mech to install, unless you from b/worth or penang get from him straight.

Remember, running 100w halogens per side, u might lose batt power faster, melt your headlamps(plastic) and the bulbs dont last as long...

On the other hand, HID conversion is illegal. someone please correct me.

140dB

Last edited:

DJmobile

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2003
48for a pair of bulbs, you would not really get the White Bulb Deal..
unless you decide to spray your headlight covers to Blue colour which will change the spectrum of light to White significantly..
other than that, opt for a HID kit that is cheaper nowadays..

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
cap ayam white buld is white la....coz i put in before but very fast burn la....so better dub buy...HID is cheap if only low beam....if low n high beam then will be very expensive.......rite?

buy philip white bulb lo....cheaper than PIAA....n get a conversion kit.....rm200 enuf for all......

140dB

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
johor
Hey DJ Mobile,

Heard of tungsten to daylight conversion filter gels for par cans? Instant white light hahaahhaha

140dB

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Most of the cheap cheap HID or Halogen white bulbs are not very white.

But of course if compared with stock bulb, it is WAY much less yellowish.

And these cheap white bulbs are not bright especially during low light time like dusk.

kokanChai

Known Member
May 2, 2005
A small Town in
ahh guys..
it kinda irritate..
today went to there again..

he try several different branded..white bulb to try it..
the result come out~> still the darn Same!!
(almost try all thier white bulb..who selling there)

Wat the fark man!
i fark him kau kau..hey man..why all ur white bulb so cheap one..
cant even see..a white light come out oso..
like tis u oso dare to sell ??

n u know wat he say.!!?
he say..i dunno..why only ur car..like tis..
several customer buy from us..no promble one..
n he say..maybe ur (Eyelips) block the fog lamp lights..come out..
so it wont show white light..frequently..

darn!wat a good excuses!
so i ask him..return me money..
he say..cannot..coz..already key in pc..
oh god..!i am kinda headache..now..

after than the supervisior come out..
ask me calm down..
he say..they hv one more stok..Brighten white one..
but currently out of stok...(but may need to additional some)
ask me come back on friday or saturday..later..

i admit he spoke real(coz..that guys who serve me.told me before that)

no Choice!
gonna wait till saturday..
farking hard..

hey guys..i hv one question..
wat kind situation..it necessary to add Cable delay?
i am kinda confuse abt it...

murcielago

Known Member
Jan 19, 2005
i buy cap ayam oso last time. the bulb should be blue colour then beam out white lite. u need to change small light also. but these cap ayam white bulb not bright but yrs shuld be different cause 100w. my one damn lousy..dark area can see white lite but when out in slightly lighted area, feel light headlite wasn't on. worse than original light.
then later change to philip bulb..cost rm200. much better.....

Amedion

1,000 RPM
Feb 23, 2005
Teluk Pulai
amedion.fotopic.net
Do not look down on cap ayam light.. some is good product.. why philip more expensive.. coz got warranty.. rm30~rm50 cap ayam light is total dissapointment n better dun produce la.. name is white but i also dunno wat kinda color is dat..

i tried different kind of cap ayam's bulb b4.. range from rm10 ~ rm100.. all can tahan but not white.. dun expect HID's style wif below rm100.. dreaming kar?

last 3 days i went to my fren's shop located in bayu.. he let me test various kind of bulbs.. so far tried 2 oni n currently using 1 kind of bulb dunno wat brand/ name.. is cap ayam tat cost rm60.. installed on my accord wif additional relay n wiring to make it brighter.. but act like torchlight.. so i tried on my atoz.. damn kaw bright can beat philip.. i saw philip 1 b4 coz my frens also got ma.. somehow it got little yellowish also.. i dunno wat's wrong la but totally got nothing wrong wif the bulb.. atoz no need relay also bright liao.. i asked my fren if he knows .. he asked me to check my dynamo which i will do tomolo..

why dun u try the bulb on new car ?? if it's bright then something wrong wif ur car already.. my acoord install any bulb also not bright 1.. so i need to figure out wat's wrong.. my atoz install any bulb also damn kaw bright.. becoz it's new ar? dunno wor.. battery low power? still looking for solution..

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Amedion, atos is brighter because of the head light design. nothing to do with dynamo. If you check closely, the depth of the dish in the head light is not deep. Like kenari and kelisa, Kenari and kelisa is bright because u can see the bulb directly so it will be brighter compare to head light that has deeper dish.

I have test it before. use Raybrig 5k HID look bulb in atos so damn bright.
When i bought back my 206 it also have the same bulb as my atos but its not as bright as the atos wan. so i thought because of different type bulb so take out and check also same. The brightness is also influence by the deep of the head light dish...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello all sifu's and otai's..
im new with modding car engine n performance...
i wanna ask u guys...

i on my way to buy extrator 4-2-1 from powerzone...
after dat..i wanna change my air filter to open pod...
the question is which brand is better?K&N,Apexi,HKS or Blitz?...n can i custom made the air filter?i mean the pipe ram?normal wan very short..not nice..if can,which shop provide dis custom made...
izzit use plastik ram pipe is better than using metal pipe? (my fren told me)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience