need help on rim repair!

herrenmann

Sep 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
hi forumers,

i have a problem here. last saturday, i kurbed my alloy rim pretty badly...pls advice how to fix it and where?...thx!..:)

nd4ever

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
KL, PJ & S'ban
www.facebook.com
Where's your location at dude? f u are in Klang Valley, then u can pay a visit to Wan Sing Sportrim Services in Jalan 4, Sungei Besi area. Look for ah Chai (boss) & he can help u in refurbish your alloy rims.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
ouch.. there is also one in kepong. cant remember the name. u can try searching in this forum.

herrenmann

Sep 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thanks for the advice...:D...will survey the sungai besi one 1st thn the kepong one...any idea how much will it cost?...

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Where's your location at dude? f u are in Klang Valley, then u can pay a visit to Wan Sing Sportrim Services in Jalan 4, Sungei Besi area. Look for ah Chai (boss) & he can help u in refurbish your alloy rims.
i second this sungai besi shop. ah chai is the person to look for.
the trip to the shop will take you through some metalwork factory that is a sight by itself.

As for prices, it should be about RM80 per wheel including sandblasting and paint. yes, they sandblast the wheels before paint. he should know a green mini cooper.

good luck

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
I fix my broken rim at klang behind school at goh hock huat, 1 shop only repair rim. My rim where rip open n all the shop say cannot fix while this bos say no problem. Untill now 2year no leaking perfect balancing.

nd4ever

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
KL, PJ & S'ban
www.facebook.com
i second this sungai besi shop. ah chai is the person to look for.
the trip to the shop will take you through some metalwork factory that is a sight by itself.

As for prices, it should be about RM80 per wheel including sandblasting and paint. yes, they sandblast the wheels before paint. he should know a green mini cooper.

good luck
Tom, u also go to Ah chai's shop to get your wheels touch up? Hahahah..... it's been my regular wheels repair shop since about 8 years ago. Ah Chai gained a lot of weight compared to last time when I met him. I had my Golf GTi's original Detroits 18" to have it painted in hyper black. It was marvellous!

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
guys...need to ask a few question...

usually how long does it takes to refurbish the rims...?? do i have to leave the car there or they can provide me with a replacement/temporary rims....??

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Tom, u also go to Ah chai's shop to get your wheels touch up? Hahahah..... it's been my regular wheels repair shop since about 8 years ago. Ah Chai gained a lot of weight compared to last time when I met him. I had my Golf GTi's original Detroits 18" to have it painted in hyper black. It was marvellous!
yeah, they're in KL so it's nearer for me and the workshop in case i need a replacement set to send the affected wheels for repairs.

what i like about them most is the sandblasting service where most shops only use sandpaper. but I can't say they're the best. I think they're paint finish could be better. but I like their prices

usually how long does it takes to refurbish the rims...?? do i have to leave the car there or they can provide me with a replacement/temporary rims....??
you can't leave your car there. you can only bring them your wheels. they also do collection, but you should check with them. it'll take about 5 days normally

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
thanks tom...5 days down time ehh...looks like i need to find tripod stand for my car first before taking off the rims...

nd4ever

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
KL, PJ & S'ban
www.facebook.com

Now they can provide a set of replacement wheels with so so tyres for u to use it while u getting your set of wheels repainted or refurbish. Don't expect nice wheels as usually are those stock wheels which fits your car's PCD.

Please set aside at least 5 days like Tom said if u send your set of wheels there. Good luck!

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Hi guys, do you have the exact address of Wan Sing Sportrim Services in sungai besi? Thanks!
Here u go bro: 4, Jalan Empat, Jalan Sungai Besi, 55200 Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan

Please refer to Google map link which I included here: Wan Sing Sportrims Services

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
thanks for the info...i dont care much about the replacement rims...as long as i can use my car during the refurbishment process...

mdjames

Known Member
Aug 20, 2009
Petaling Jaya
Now they can provide a set of replacement wheels with so so tyres for u to use it while u getting your set of wheels repainted or refurbish. Don't expect nice wheels as usually are those stock wheels which fits your car's PCD.

Please set aside at least 5 days like Tom said if u send your set of wheels there. Good luck!

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Here u go bro: 4, Jalan Empat, Jalan Sungai Besi, 55200 Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan

Please refer to Google map link which I included here: Wan Sing Sportrims Services
Thank bro for the info.