Need help on headlights restoration

CLS78

Known Member
Aug 24, 2016
Petaling Jaya
The first one where my friend took out and send the headlamp to me was in very very bad condition. He actually send to accessory shop but after a few tries they gave up, that is why he called me if I could help. Since in very bad condition and will take some time he remove it and let me have it for the week. It was so bad that I require 100 grit sand paper to start with, then 500, 800 to 1500 and 2000 before finally with plastic polish with rotary.
Cannot remember how many rounds but really a lot to sand until smooth.....lol
Oic....i will try to sand paper it until i'm satisfied with the result...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Oic....i will try to sand paper it until i'm satisfied with the result...

If yours is just yellow haze then quite easy only. The one I did, if you look closely is rough like sandpaper. Looks like a layer melted on top, that is why need rough sandpaper and quite a few rounds.

For you try using the finest sandpaper you have first. If difficult to remove then use next rougher ones, means try 1500, if cannot then 1000. No point you use rough sandpaper then you need to smoothen back, then more work.....:driver:

CLS78

Known Member
Aug 24, 2016
Petaling Jaya
If yours is just yellow haze then quite easy only. The one I did, if you look closely is rough like sandpaper. Looks like a layer melted on top, that is why need rough sandpaper and quite a few rounds.

For you try using the finest sandpaper you have first. If difficult to remove then use next rougher ones, means try 1500, if cannot then 1000. No point you use rough sandpaper then you need to smoothen back, then more work.....:driver:
Ok bro...thanks for the tips...will surely do that.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
if not so bad actually can try using car polish first, use one which is not so coarse, so it's basically like using a ultra fine sand paper. Then finish up with a cleaner wax. Mine is just minor haze so I can easily clean it up with just cleaner wax every 3-4 mths. Mine is also an 8+ yr old car already.

Last edited:

CLS78

Known Member
Aug 24, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Thanks guys for all the advice...especially bro vr2turbo...i tried your methods and it worked marvelously! It gave me the result that i wanted...thanks again....see the photos of the end result below... [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]

I'm very satisfied & happy with the result...

CLS78

Known Member
Aug 24, 2016
Petaling Jaya
I did it with the help if these guys!

CLS78

Known Member
Aug 24, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Good job, now can do DIY any time if it haze again.....:driver:
thanks bro...ya...now i can try do it again when its get hazy again...but i was thinking of putting the 'Clear protective Layer Tint' over these headlights....so it can last longer....it comes in clear type or the bluish type....will see how

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Nice work, now just need to maintain.
Yeah not sure about those tint protection if really works well coz there are some cheap ones but also got some with cut throat prices. Me, I just maintain around every 3 months to polish them, lazy to try those tints.

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Honestly speaking I x trust d tints..this is based on my own personal experience (not my own car but my fren's)..after a while d tint fades in color n slight tears s tho it's been there for years..

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Honestly speaking I x trust d tints..this is based on my own personal experience (not my own car but my fren's)..after a while d tint fades in color n slight tears s tho it's been there for years..
That is why need more feedback from users......lol:driver:

CLS78

Known Member
Aug 24, 2016
Petaling Jaya
i dare to try these tint because i had my wife's E Class Coupe's headlights tinted with this clear protective tint...Today the car had just entered its 5 years with us and the headlights never fade away and still looked new like below....

the snapshot might not be closed enough but roughly you can see that it is still clear

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

let me start a thread
to all Brothers and Sisters

what we should upgrade for our engine and become a more power. U all can give ur solution or opinion of how to make a car faster with low budget or more expert modification. It is better we suggest for the NA engine, this is because turbo engine is too power already.... :tee:

Let me start for the 1st stage modification of the NA engine

1. ) Changing the ekzos system. (It will be cost u about 300-800) depend on the brand we choose...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience