NeeD Help from Sifu-Car engine Become heavy

Feb 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hello,

lately my car become so heavy and very hard to reach even at 110km/h at 6th gear.Last 2 years already re-map once can easily reach 180km/h.When a rainy day also very hard to shift gear.Did my gearbox problem?.

Need guided from sifu, which part should i check.

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
You remapp your stock ECU..???? How is this possible..???

Anyway..the few possibility is..

Your throttle body is dirty..get it clean and hope it is not faulty.
Your MAF sensor is dirty..get it clean.
And if you have installed a speed cut remover b4..have a look at that

If it is not the above (cheapest possibilities) ..then send your car into a workshop that can help you diagnose the problem..

NOTE: Please be reminded that we are Altezza owners and not qualified mechanic and don't pretend to be one....so my advise is to go see a qualify workshop to sort out your problems and not second guess ..it cost you more later!!

Last edited:

izawa

Feb 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks GreyTezza,

I should try to clean throttle body again, last time (one year ago) already clean once since the RPM up & down itself.Its improved just for a while then now become so heavy.Anyway what is good cleaner for MAF sensor, never done before.

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
CRC MAP Cleaner. Can get in spare part shop.... I bought mine from Fook Bee in state PJ.

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
I should try to clean throttle body again, last time (one year ago) already clean once since the RPM up & down itself.Its improved just for a while then now become so heavy.Anyway what is good cleaner for MAF sensor, never done before.
Normally I have my Throttle body cleaned every 3 consecutive service as a preventive measure. If you dont know how to clean it properly, u might damaged the throttle body. So I suggest you have it done by a workshop.

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
I just use the CRC Contact Cleaner bought from ACE hardware to clean mine. :P
* talking about it, it is time to clean my MAF soon.. *

i kno there's a shop in PJ, opposite PJ hilton and near KFC, the shop is not facing the main road one and they have quite a full range of CRC products.

to DIY cleaning the MAF, u can check these threads out too.
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-care/261146-crc-maf-cleaner.html
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/do-it-yourself-garage/390349-diy-maf-sensor-cleaning.html
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/the-altezza-is200-is300-forum/171162-diy-maf-sensor.html

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

greetings to all sifu and friends...

1. i need to know what servo double layer can we put into proton waja?

2. cost and which workshop can do that mod?

plzz pm me or whatsapps..016-2250374. i live in shah alam selangor
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience