need help from all sifu regarding getting approval from jpj.

minghoo

Known Member
Jul 20, 2005
kl
hi all sifu here, what i need to do after i make transplant from cefiro auto to rb20det manual?can any one plz tel me the step to get the approval from the jpj?currently i have the kastam paper and the receipt from the workshop, what is the next step i need to do?is that i need to go jpj or go to puspakom?i heard that we need to get some kind of letter b4 go the jpj rite?is that any one have done it b4,how long does it take if we go by our own?10s lot for all ur help.

Slipknot Fanatic

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
HELL
You need to go to JPJ Technical Department at Putrajaya to get the approval for your engine transplant. Bring all the necessary documents with you. The approval will take around five or seven days. Once you get your JPJ approval letter only then can you do the engine transplant. After your engine transplant is complete then you have to go to Puspakom for inspection. Make sure your car windows and windscreen are not tinted otherwise the Puspakom tester will fail your car inspection completely even though your conversion did pass the inspection as well because this has happen to a lot of people already. After you pass the inspection you have to go to your car insurance company with the Puspakom approval letter to endorse your new engine number. When your car insurance is done you have to go to JPJ with the Puspakom approval letter to endorse your new engine number.

I see you plan on doing this without using a runner even though its time consuming. Its also good that it saves you lots of money without using a runner.

minghoo

Known Member
Jul 20, 2005
kl
1os bro, if we ask runner to do it, all the window and widescreen tinted not effected rite?normally how much does it cost for a runner to settle it?

Slipknot Fanatic

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
HELL
Using a runner would not have any affect on your tinting. They have their ways. From what I've heard around RM1k+ since the runner will have to settle with JPJ and Puspakom. Just be sure that they get your engine endorsed.

minghoo

Known Member
Jul 20, 2005
kl
10s lot guy.u really provide a very good and helpfull info to me.10s