Need assistance from Honda guys here!

nd4ever

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
KL, PJ & S'ban
www.facebook.com
Hey guys, I'm posting my inquiry here since it's a Honda channel forum in ZTH.com. Well, I've a colleague currently driving a spanking new Accord 2011 facelifted version of the 2.0 VTi-L specifications & he complained that the car rattles during idling while stopped at traffic lights.

I've experienced it myself earlier today when he drove me out for lunch & I can felt the vibration on the steering wheel & the parking brake lever too. He only clocked 15,000 km up till now & honestly, he'd complained this issue to Honda service centre for the past few months & was told there was anything that they can do about it. He was told that currently they have don't have the latest firmware/software to fine tune the engine's idling yet & have to bear with it until Honda come out with the latest firmware/software to rectify this issue.

Therefore, I'm asking any of u guys here experienced or heard your friends who owns the same car model variant who have this same problem? Honestly, I feel that such a new car can't have that kind of vibrations with such a low mileage clocked on it. Even on my 15 yrs old SXV-10R Camry & 6 yrs old Vios doesn't have that much vibration compared to my colleague's Accord. Looking forward for your input & suggestions here. Thanks in advance!

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
yup, true. if Honda Co. have not release the latest firmware, then nothing much can be done.

try calling up Honda Malaysia for assistance.

didie

Known Member
Feb 19, 2006
Hi, I own a 2009 Accord, the same model as what ur friend are using, all i can say is that, there is something wrong with ur friend's car. During idling, yes the car unfortunately does vibrate, for some reason i dont know why probably the timing is low, but it is not significant till the extent will rattle the steering and handbrake. He might opt to go to other SC for a check. Im a happy owner, but there are downsides where after some time, the brake will produce a screeching sound due to the break pad. Since 2009 I've changed the pads twice, OEM one, definitely it doesn't help. Considering an aftermarket ones after this perhaps. And the other one is the OCI is ridiculous. For a fully syn oil, they ask to change it every 5000km. Whats the point of using fully synthetic then right? Since mine over the warranty period, so now im happily using M7 super street and change it every 10000km. Thats more worth the money. But since ur friend's car still new, i suggest follow their recommended service, after its ended, consider saying bye2 to the ripping off SC. Thats all about it.

nd4ever

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
KL, PJ & S'ban
www.facebook.com
Thanks for the kind replies buddies! Appreciate it a lot, well I've suggested my colleague to pay a visit to another SC as currently he goes to Sri Utama Honda SC in Setapak.

I'll suggest him to give a phone call to Honda M'sia to see what are the possibility solutions for his Accord. Well, as far for myself..... I've suggested him to visit either Roda BB, Sri Peringgit SC in Old Klang Road to get his Accord's issue diagnosed. Wegro in Cheras seems OK for me as I serviced my wife's Insight there too.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi sifus n zthians..ive been reading the whole day on how to mod 4g93..damn blur now..hehe..im really clueless now n i really hope someone could help me out..really appreaciate ur help..hehe..what i read earlier on was how to build 4g93 na..its a really old thread..most of them said to do porting la,balancing la,lightening la and blueprint..im really new to all this..could someone explain to me??thanks alot in advance..i got a second hand satria gti n the previous owner did the exhaust...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience