Need advise on toyota avanza alarm ECU

TRD16v

1,500 RPM
Feb 9, 2004
Tokyo, Japan.
Visit site
hello guys,

Recently my toyota avanza 1.5G has this problem, after lock with alarm the usual way then about between 5-10 mins alarm will self triggered. I have done some diagnostics based on some info from the Internet but problem still persist.

Then i decided to send my vehicle to toyota service centre for diagnostic that cost me only RM35 incl. GST.

The result based on diagnostic report says that the alarm ECU needs to be replace due to internal short circuit after they have done a thorough check and also need to replace a bolt as well at the area of the fixing ECU and the bolt is only can use for 1 time. Total quotation given to me was RM1050 incl GST 6%.

Based on the pricing, I am not sure if I shall proceed with the fixing, so I would like to ask sifu here and need advise is there anyone out there whom are familiar with such replacement and has warranty together with assurance of such expertise out there? How about the price? Anyone encounter the same problem as mine? As i have ask my friend whom owns an accessory shop he does not do as he say the fixing and detaching the unit is quite difficult process.

Appreciate the feedback and thank you. :driver::adore:

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
The main issue is still under warranty or not?
Check your service booklet for the Alarm warranty.

if not under warranty, you can fix at outside and only need to get Cobra alarm that able to read your car immobilizer... heard from my friend, other type of alarm also can be use coz he change off his alarm..

good luck..

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My second hand car came with cobra alarm which was expensive those days. When had problem with it, the accessory shop personnel repair and tuned it up for me but after a few month problem again. He tried tuning another few times, and finally gave up, so I just change to another brand alarm which is still working until now......lol

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
first off.. avanza has issues with door sensors... they tend to tear.. especially the rear doors.. get those checked and replaced if tear.. if still persists, then only think about a different alarm... or just dont use the alarm and use the key to lock the car.

TRD16v

1,500 RPM
Feb 9, 2004
Tokyo, Japan.
Visit site
yes bro agree but in my case is nothing to do with the door sensor LOL... anyway i did my own troubleshooting and finally solve it with just spending RM2. LOL!!! yeahhh i am so happy now, same goes for my wife too. LOL... once again thank u all brothers here for yr advise and comments.

p/s: for toyota service centre u quote me 1.3k but cannot promise that this will be resolved. now i have solved it on my own with just RM2. LOL

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey all sifu here,anybody can teach me how to DIY change kancil dashboard light??
i hope can change to white lights or blue..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience