Need advice on 4-2-1 Extractor

alexalex

May 5, 2005
Hi ! I need help from the you all.

Mine, Wira Aeroback 1.3GLi manual, year 2k, after reading this thread, "gatal 2" & curious to try out, changed from 4-1 to 4-2-1 recently.

I put in a branded 4-2-1 P..something extractor, removed the ori extrator built-in CAT, and centre box/bullet, and it is now straight to muffler, if I remember correctly.

Now I got higher FC, lost of power from especially from gear 1 to 3. No pick up push la.

I'm using the same road, same driving style, daily to work (90km/day) but feel that I have to change gear more often than before. I used to get 15km/l but now only 12km/l. (air con off in morning)

No changes to the engine at all except I modify the CAI (air intake) to the front bumper.

Wasted my RM4xx urggghhhh! frustating.

Any suggestions? Comments ? thank a lot.

Gti

Sep 5, 2004
how many inches are ur piping?
if it's too big...might cause u to lose pressure...
anyway...in my opinion...i dun think a straight flow is advisable for a 1.3 wira...S-flow better..my 2 cents
correct me if i am wrong

acidburn1204

Aug 23, 2004
use an s-flow muffler.. and yea ur piping shud be no more than 1.7inches. Buy a Brouquet fuel catalyst. More power = more fc, its normal. Buy the fuel catalyst. It should balance the Fc properly. Then buy an enlarged throttle body. Do port-n polish. Get a low profile cam. Get a heatshield then an adjustable fuel regulator. Then a shortshifter. Then an exedy clutch. Then ull get a moderate, nice to drive car..

acidburn1204

Aug 23, 2004
Go step by step. Feel the difference after every modification step. At the end, u'll be so proud of ur car u think u can beat anyone on the road..

Yong_5290

hotmail.com
wah...wat branded rm400+ xtractor is tat?
wit tat price sure can get hot bits o powerzone which is sure 2 improve power

menghua84

Feb 15, 2004
skudai/ perak
errr.. how come there's some reply about s-flow thingy 1?? i tot alex just changed the extractor only?? well alex.. i'm driving the same car as urs... onli wit siemens ecu.. changed to hotbits extractor.. felt some power after that... FC? not quite noticable i guess.. been using it for more than 1 year.. am quite happy wit it.. where u installed it anyway? P...? powerzone?

thteh86 said:
400+??? \not only for extractor only i assume....wat u have done, get a better extractor, more $$$ spent, better satisfaction
rm400++ if u spend at wei yip oso like tat....extractor + stainless steel piping+ center box+ rear muffler......

alexalex

May 5, 2005
Guys,

Thanks for all the feedback & sorry for my late reply as no Internet at home.

Yes, PowerZone Extrator, RM 450 for my Wira 1.3GLi, year 2000, Mitsu ECU, no mod to engine except CAI only.

Original setup (I think)
4-1 >> CAT>> long centre pipe >> ori muffler.

Changed to :-

4-2-1 >>> long centre pipe >> ori muffler

Is there a leak somewhere as I hear metal sheets vibrate at each other when excelerate my Wira?

The PZ extactor has a wire wrap to a cyclinder shape. What is it for?

Can it leak the pressure out?

Is ori Wira using S-Flow muffler?

What is Centre Box for? Did my Wira got one?

PowerZone recommend this long pipe with a bullet to be connected to muffler. Do you think it will improve if I change it too?

Where to get this "Brouquet fuel catalyst"?

I'm damm frust after spent RM450 (a lot to me) but it performace is worst. Also make me sleepless at night.

prozac

Jan 18, 2004
I think the zzzzzing sound you're hearing is common with stainless steel piping. But better safe than sorry get them checked for leaks. Leaks will definately be the cause for underpower and bad fc.

alexalex

May 5, 2005
HuaKenny,

My muffler is Proton Original.

Air filter is Proton Original but the air intake is re-route to front bumper for cold air (DIY CAI)

---------------------------
ur rr muffler got changed?

ur intake system ori?

Yong_5290

hotmail.com
alexalex said:
HuaKenny,

My muffler is Proton Original.

Air filter is Proton Original but the air intake is re-route to front bumper for cold air (DIY CAI)

---------------------------
ur rr muffler got changed?

ur intake system ori?

bro...try check if u xtractor o piping got leak o not....
powerzone 4-2-1...actually i think all 4-2-1 will make a prreenngg...sound....
add a bullet then should be no prob...

eg_08_wa

May 31, 2005
australia
maybe u feel 4-1 got no power becos 4-2-1 extractor low end got more torque and after u put 4-1 u will actualli lose low end torque but will gain more torque towards high rev...also try and fit a fuel regulator maybe this is the problem becos the pressure in ur fuel lines not same is oscilating not sure maybe this is the prolem happen to my fren who using lancer after he put fuel regulator car running smoother and can feeel power gain..

Ford today officially announced the sale of Aston Martin to an investment group lead by Prodrive founder and chairman David Richards. The deal — expected to close during the second quarter — is valued at $925 million, the company said. Ford plans to retain a small $77 million stake in Aston.

The new owner of Aston Martin is a consortium comprised of: David Richards, founder and chairman of Prodrive, a world-leading...