need Advice . Audi TTS

zzhkszz

May 31, 2009
hi, would like to ask some advice from sifu-sifu . i barely find active post about Audi TTS,so i guess i only can ask here.

i looking for 2010 recon Audi TTS, any sifu can give any advice how to choose a nice condition TTS?

UK spec and Japan spec, which one u recommend ?

i check carlist.com ,found out the car price around 200K++,some even 168k??

where do i service my Audi TTS?

new Audi TTS 2015 gonna launch soon, will the price of 2010 model drop?

thx in advance

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
2010 model price won't drop. This is a unique car. Unless the 2015 model is very good, people will still source for the 2010 model because of it's muscular lines.

Anyway, regardless of what spec you go for - the DSG gearbox is very flimsy. Always make sure you test drive the car and drive slow. The TT has been known to have issues with slow driving and the gearbox not able to decide gears. If it's smooth driving at slow speeds (like 30-60km/h). If it's a bad GB, it'll jerk a lot like the gears trying to decide which gear it needs to be in. If you get that - avoid the car. It'll be expensive to fix.

Are you looking for a convertible or hardtop?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
2010 model price won't drop. This is a unique car. Unless the 2015 model is very good, people will still source for the 2010 model because of it's muscular lines.

Anyway, regardless of what spec you go for - the DSG gearbox is very flimsy. Always make sure you test drive the car and drive slow. The TT has been known to have issues with slow driving and the gearbox not able to decide gears. If it's smooth driving at slow speeds (like 30-60km/h). If it's a bad GB, it'll jerk a lot like the gears trying to decide which gear it needs to be in. If you get that - avoid the car. It'll be expensive to fix.

Are you looking for a convertible or hardtop?
Is it the same 6 speed wet DSG as Golf R/GTI?

another suggestion y not the S2000 AP1?
4WD and flirty status ma. :rofl:
Also TTS is much more powerful (270HP, 0-100 <5secs), it still has 4 seats as opposed to only 2 seats for the S2000, and then nowadays where got people selling s2000??

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Is it the same 6 speed wet DSG as Golf R/GTI?
Might be the same technology but I don't think Audi shares parts with VW but I could be wrong. The Audi TT I test drove the last time had a very aggressive gearbox, it changed gears very violently when throttled hard. The Golf is tame in comparison. If it is the same gearbox, I think the programming is very different

zzhkszz

May 31, 2009
thx for all reply ~.

actually looking for Audi TTs 2010 or 2011 model.
If i decided to choose UK spec,but found it undercarriage rust, anyway to resolve it?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
thx for all reply ~.

actually looking for Audi TTs 2010 or 2011 model.
If i decided to choose UK spec,but found it undercarriage rust, anyway to resolve it?
I doubt cars only a few years old already got rust. If got rust, I won't buy! Why? Because rust is basically a skin cancer for cars!

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
In UK they do have salts on roads during snowy season.
its common with UK cars to watch out for rust in the under carriage.
Also UK cars cost is cheaper than JDM ones.
But,JDM cars have Japanese language inside and UK cars have English inside.
Final decision is yours, if you able to find a UK car with minimal rust, TAKE IT !!!

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
I'd think it would be easier to steal as well by just cutting thru the roof canvas, right? Unless replace with the hard top.
The attraction if this car is the engine parts are soooooo desirable, and ppl willing to pay good money for those parts....

cutting or ripping the canvas dont really matter for the pencuri, I think.

zzhkszz

May 31, 2009
how to spot REAL Audi TTS?
other than TTS logo on (seat,steering,rpm board,front grille,boot) ,
any other way to spot Audi TTS? like engine or?
need some sifu enlighten me. THX

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

In light of recent events, I thought it'd be prudent to talk about flooding and how it affects us - the motorheads.

Generally speaking, water + engine = BAD

Not referring to those water/methanol injection kits, those inject very small amounts of water into the intake and usually as a mist. I'm talking about copious amounts of water that seep into your engine bay through your cold air...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience