Naza Sutera 2007 Vs Kancil 2001

Apr 20, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all,

I had an enquiry regarding this car, was wondering anyone can help me? Thanks in advance smile emoticon

My current kancil 660 (2001 model) is almost dead. As in, it has TOO MANY issues and fixes to do, which might properly cost me around 2.5-3k to fix. So I was thinking, why not get a cheap temporary car for now, which is better than my Kancil atleast, so it can last me for some good time (a year or 2 MAX), till I plan for a nicer better car in future. The cheap car would mean I might have to spend a bit more than the kancil I have for now, and it will be a much better car to last me a while.

For this, I was looking around choices, which would be around 4.5-5k for the car. I found a NAZA Sutera (1100cc), being sold by an owner. This is a 2007 model, and he seems to have maintained it and taken care of it really well. He has changed a lot of parts recently. The overall car, along with all new changed parts, and everything else, is going for around 5k. Here is a few things from a chat recently:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mounting rubber 180rm (Have to replace sometime in future soon)
Drive Shaft 150rm. (Have to replace sometime in future soon)
Paint chip on right side was there when I bought.
And small dent on back door left side from taxi.
Insurance road tax till 2017 worth 700rm+
Interior no issues at all. Very clean. may be get new steering cover.
Tyres good for about 6 months, the back ones. Front wheels no problem.
Blue led light in Floor of car, looks cool at night.
Passenger window doesn't open from when I bought but I don't open Coz in Malaysia aircon is a necessity. It is very cold. New compressor, air filter etc. Worth 1500
Drive Shaft only makes noise when you are turning steering full.
Engine is very stong. Went up genting without stopping once
Every 5000km when I go for maintenance I changed something new.

New parts are (all changed within last year)
- left drive shaft
- Fuel pump
- Aircon compressor
- Clutch cable
- Clutch plate
- Brakes front and back
- Battery
- Spark plugs

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I have seen lots of reviews of the Naza Sutera, and they do not paint a very pretty picture honestly. But I have a suspicion, they might be comparing it to better or costlier cars. I wanted to know, is the above specific Sutera, a good choice for a decent temporary car for a couple of years? Specially as compared to my 2001 Kancil 660ex? As this is a temporary car, its only 5k, with new parts, and it would replace my kancil, so I am mainly thinking, is it a better replacement, for that price and above specs?

So basically, my choice is:
- Either I completely overhaul my Kancil to fix all issues (might cost around 3-4k)
or
- I buy this second hand sutera (the one I have described above) from an owner for around 5k.

I would really appreciate any honest reviews or help with this and let me know what you guys think.

Thanks a LOT. Much appreciated. :)

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Buy Proton Savvy

The Savvy is nasty, but the Naza Sutera is rubbish compared to Savvy.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Buy Proton Savvy

The Savvy is nasty, but the Naza Sutera is rubbish compared to Savvy.
savvy manual aint too bad...... only that some of the sensors are abit exp.....

how bout saga lmst/lmss... old junk tanky beings made to work

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Power wise surely better than kancil becos of engine cc difference....
660cc vs 1100cc......

I bet the 1500cc Sutera lagi power when going up Genting.

Anyway, my neighbor is driving a Sutera. Never heard about any complain of this car so far.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Is not whether the Sutera is better than Kancil, but whether the one you looking at is good. If yes, you will have trouble free driving. If that is a lemon you might end up paying for more for it's repairs....

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Maybe TS wants to hear from Malaysia's entire motorworld forummers' comment/feedback before deciding what to do....

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Scare post one forum no response......lol:biggrin:
If TS gotten to much comments (good or bad), later might be more confused.....
or worst, kena poison by forrumers........and went ahead buying other car.... hihihihi

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
with that amount of money i would say plonk l2s turbo engine in your kancil and enjoy speedy gonzales life :driver: :biggrin:

dont bother with that sutera while it was in reality actually plastic :rofl:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
with that amount of money i would say plonk l2s turbo engine in your kancil and enjoy speedy gonzales life :driver: :biggrin:

dont bother with that sutera while it was in reality actually plastic :rofl:
if its as bad as he describes... i thinlk it will need quite abit more work than just the engine....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi to all Master

i need help anyone can intro a Good Sifu to me for repair my 4g92, around klang vally

thanks a lot:burnout:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience