NA to Evo 4 turbo

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
He said he can do it but it will costs more, thats why the delay. I dont mind as long as its endorsed and the car is legally mine.

Not really fancy the perdana, because i like the evo 4, ck deskboard, which the perdana dont have..
perdana dash looks better to me... to each his own i guess.

if ur going the hanky panky route, the neo is another option.
even better still would be ck converts but im guessing the waja is sicnificantly cheaper?
anyway u have options, just dont be too invested in the unit.

ok found the car, the n9 car i guess...
iv never seen pics of the car, but that enginebay looks very familiar.... am not sure if the guy has tried to part it before.

Last edited:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hmm whenever hanky panky involved, I'd rather avoid it. Having a fast car ultimately is not a necessity, so not worth the risk of doing desparate illegal things, IMHO.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
He said he can do it but it will costs more, thats why the delay. I dont mind as long as its endorsed and the car is legally mine.

Not really fancy the perdana, because i like the evo 4, ck deskboard, which the perdana dont have..
Problem is, next time you want to sell, maybe cannot. Unless keep for life......

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Another thing I wana mention....

His car is supposedly on a speed density setup, from the pics I can dig up, it's still for some reason got a maf sensor, WHY....

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
Another thing I wana mention....

His car is supposedly on a speed density setup, from the pics I can dig up, it's still for some reason got a maf sensor, WHY....
If u go to mudah and type in proton waja evo 4, his will be only car come up. Engine bay is yellow color. U looking at the same car?

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
perdana dash looks better to me... to each his own i guess.

if ur going the hanky panky route, the neo is another option.
even better still would be ck converts but im guessing the waja is sicnificantly cheaper?
anyway u have options, just dont be too invested in the unit.
I somehow prefer a 4 door. And this waja is cheaper than satria neo evo too, only at around rm13k. Check out his car at mudah, proton waja evo 4. Yellow engine bay, black waja

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
He is a stranger.. my friends dont play cars. Im the only one gila kereta. Gila seorang-orang.
Any sifu wanna help me on this? Lol
No offense man.. but I would skip this car if you don't know the history. If one day after you buy this car and someone goes funky and weird - who you going to call to troubleshoot? If you don't know how the car is built then you wouldn't know where to look. This was an expensive problem I had when I had my ex-1jz-bmw-rojak. I spent so much money trusting people who claimed they knew and the car was still not able to drive properly. After I sold the thing for a huge loss, I met the 'right' people who knew how to troubleshoot, fix and everything. The amount of money I spent initially could have fixed the car up totally.

So this is my point - if you don't know who this seller is and it looks like you barely know how this car runs, you're going to learn an expensive lesson later. I would suggest you buy a stock car and modify it on your own with a trusted mechanic. At least if you have issues you'll know how to fix them.

Reactions: 6UE5t

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Hmm whenever hanky panky involved, I'd rather avoid it. Having a fast car ultimately is not a necessity, so not worth the risk of doing desparate illegal things, IMHO.
I second to this, i love a modified car, but it must be done with the highest attention, and highest quality, you don't want endless issue in your project car which it became garage queen.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
No offense man.. but I would skip this car if you don't know the history. If one day after you buy this car and someone goes funky and weird - who you going to call to troubleshoot? If you don't know how the car is built then you wouldn't know where to look. This was an expensive problem I had when I had my ex-1jz-bmw-rojak. I spent so much money trusting people who claimed they knew and the car was still not able to drive properly. After I sold the thing for a huge loss, I met the 'right' people who knew how to troubleshoot, fix and everything. The amount of money I spent initially could have fixed the car up totally.

So this is my point - if you don't know who this seller is and it looks like you barely know how this car runs, you're going to learn an expensive lesson later. I would suggest you buy a stock car and modify it on your own with a trusted mechanic. At least if you have issues you'll know how to fix them.
Brokenjar listen to him, he is one of the best person that is a living example of buying a modified car that turned out to be one of the biggest financial mistake.

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah

Non taken haha. Yeah i read about your horror stories with your 1jz bmw, hence why i am asking here about this turbo car. Currently from the video he shows he, the car does idle right but again its just a 20 seconds video.

I myself owned a modified car. A relatively stock sr20ve 20v engine in a nissan sentra b13. 2.0L, 225hp, 6mt gearbox. This setup is very rare, i think only 3 cars with my setup in malaysia, as most would use the sr20det or sr20ve engines so i had my fair share of issues when i was restoring it last time.

Anyway, reasons why i consider this waja evo 4.
1. Its stock and clean.
2. Wiring did not potong sambung
3. Idles nice, so currently the car should already been setup correctly.
4. Waja evo 4 is not uncommon in malaysia
5. Evo spare parts are much more compared to my current car.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Non taken haha. Yeah i read about your horror stories with your 1jz bmw, hence why i am asking here about this turbo car. Currently from the video he shows he, the car does idle right but again its just a 20 seconds video.

I myself owned a modified car. A relatively stock sr20ve 20v engine in a nissan sentra b13. 2.0L, 225hp, 6mt gearbox. This setup is very rare, i think only 3 cars with my setup in malaysia, as most would use the sr20det or sr20ve engines so i had my fair share of issues when i was restoring it last time.

Anyway, reasons why i consider this waja evo 4.
1. Its stock and clean.
Ah.. ok better to know your background. So you're not a noob that you seemed to be.

2. How do you know it's not potong sambung?
3. My 1JZ idled ok. It was on boost that was shit.
4. Wajas are a dead car. Evo engines are plentiful. Door handles for wajas break so often it's a joke.

Personally until I test drive the car, get someone who knows the Evo mishmash of parts to check out the car - I would not even consider the car.

Oh also having 360whp on the rear is already a handful. Having it as a FWD will be even more interesting. Torque steer, wearing out the drive shafts quicker (assuming it's not changed to the Evo one, the gearbox, etc. I suspect there's a lot of things he's not telling you.

My mech is in Puchong - he does charge to check cars but at least it's a piece of mind worth paying for. If you're interested I can pass you his contact.

Reactions: minibeany

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
Ah.. ok better to know your background. So you're not a noob that you seemed to be.

2. How do you know it's not potong sambung?
3. My 1JZ idled ok. It was on boost that was shit.
4. Wajas are a dead car. Evo engines are plentiful. Door handles for wajas break so often it's a joke.

Personally until I test drive the car, get someone who knows the Evo mishmash of parts to check out the car - I would not even consider the car.

Oh also having 360whp on the rear is already a handful. Having it as a FWD will be even more interesting. Torque steer, wearing out the drive shafts quicker (assuming it's not changed to the Evo one, the gearbox, etc. I suspect there's a lot of things he's not telling you.

My mech is in Puchong - he does charge to check cars but at least it's a piece of mind worth paying for. If you're interested I can pass you his contact.
Haha yeah its true im i'm a noob in turbocharged cars.
1. He told me its not potong sambung as he used the whole evo 4 wiring. He took the whole halfcut.
2. What kind of problems when boosted? He said no problem with boosting..
3. For me all older protons have the handle breaking issues. Evo usually common in wira, waja, perdana or the older satria. Any 4 doors proton is fine by me, but i wanted an evo engine with that evo, gsr, ck dashboard.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Haha yeah its true im i'm a noob in turbocharged cars.
1. He told me its not potong sambung as he used the whole evo 4 wiring. He took the whole halfcut.
2. What kind of problems when boosted? He said no problem with boosting..
3. For me all older protons have the handle breaking issues. Evo usually common in wira, waja, perdana or the older satria. Any 4 doors proton is fine by me, but i wanted an evo engine with that evo, gsr, ck dashboard.
1. You do know how old the Evo4 is right? What is the condition of a halfcut evo4? Anyway if there's nothing wrong then great but if something wears out then GG.

2. My issue was everytime it boosted the boost cut would kick in and there basically was a lot of tuning issues. Then there was a cooling issue with cylinder 6 (water jacket problems). Fuel rail was an issue and the fuel injectors was also an issue with the ECU that was controlling it and then there were the fueling issues. OMG I had so many goddam issues. Sorry if I sound like a major wet tissue, I was burnt hard with this car.

Last edited:

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
1. You do know how old the Evo4 is right? What is the condition of a halfcut evo4? Anyway if there's nothing wrong then great but if something wears out then GG.

2. My issue was everytime it boosted the boost cut would kick in and there basically was a lot of tuning issues. Then there was a cooling issue with cylinder 6 (water jacket problems). Fuel rail was an issue with the ECU that was controlling it and then there were the fueling issues. OMG I had so many goddam issues. Sorry if I sound like a major wet tissue, I was burnt hard with this car.
Haha its cool.
Anything wrong, i guess parts are still plenty for evo engines.
Yeah the engine is old, probably due for full overhaul which i had done for my previous and current motors, the 4age 20v blacktop and my current sr20ve 20v.

Maybe i should let this waja evo go and look for a recently rebuilt evo engines in other proton cars..

I was thinking, this waja only rm13k. A recently rebuilt wira and waja will costs around 20k and above. Why not i buy this waja and try my luck. If lucky can continue drive. If engine is too worn, i can always rebuilt it the way i wanted with the 7k.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Haha its cool.
Anything wrong, i guess parts are still plenty for evo engines.
Yeah the engine is old, probably due for full overhaul which i had done for my previous and current motors, the 4age 20v blacktop and my current sr20ve 20v.

Maybe i should let this waja evo go and look for a recently rebuilt evo engines in other proton cars..

I was thinking, this waja only rm13k. A recently rebuilt wira and waja will costs around 20k and above. Why not i buy this waja and try my luck. If lucky can continue drive. If engine is too worn, i can always rebuilt it the way i wanted with the 7k.

im just sayinglah, its very likely got reasons why its under 15k
1. Its stock and clean.
with all the mods on it, i would not call it 'stock', air density conversion WITH the maf in place, the sas removal (not an issue i just notice its gone) cop setup, i think theres some missing vaccum lines (could be wrong, pics not all that clear).
its got some stuff done which imo doesnt quite line up (he could have just went ham with mods as he saw fit? we wont know)

you dont know till u view, a proper wiring job for the waja is less straightforward than you think... i know cause i thought of getting one (waja/neo in my case)
this one up till this point is an assumption, bring a friend who knows what to look for
any mitsu based convert is even easier to deal with, imo go perdana convert if this is ur budget. its even more straight forward and that gen of evos are cheap to handle.
this i cant argue, that was one of the selling points for me... also 7k to rebuild imo seems unlikely if u try revert his mods and the rebuild turns out more comprehensive than you expect

one huge downer would be all the illegal stuff on the car... i believe the headlights will fail, you dont know how he intends to register the engine, he might try tukar nama without endorsing? that sunroof is another questionmark. is it approved? did he properly install the channels or is this one of those 'long as theres a hole in my roof' solutions

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Greetings folks :wavey:

Many automotive users like us would always find a way to improve our ride in the sense of performance, aesthetics, fuel consumption, ah-beng-ness, etc etc. The car makers will not give us everything unless we give them our everything. Therefore we can find many after market parts out there, anywhere. :driver:

While some would spend thousands to churn what's from their car engine, others would only want to spend perhaps a few hundred bucks or less than that in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience