NA to Evo 4 turbo

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Hi guys, currently I'm interested to play turbo. Now playing NA car, neo vvl engine.
Was looking at a EVO 4 waja.
Since I'm new, I don't know much about turbo. So asking for help to understand the car specification.
Also need some clarifications on few things.
Engine stock evo 4 with evo 4 gearbox LSD locked. Evo 6 ecu.

1) Petrol tank 4wd evo 4 --> to get accurate fuel reading.
2) Engine evo 4, ecu evo 6 --> He said due to evo 6 ecu can adjust and remap, so no need management. He made the car exhaust to spit fire when high ram.. Is this true about evo 6 ecu better and is it good for the engine to spit fire lol.
3) He didn't use wastegate due to already setting ecu to boost at only 1.3-1.4 bar. He said its safer to avoid wastegate complications if it spoilt.
4) He installed speed density rom map sensor and airtemp sensor. Is this good?
5) have Sheepdog blowoff. What does this do?

Also, what kind of FC am I expecting out of a evo 4 engine lol. Leg is moderately heavy.

Thanks
bring your mech or friends who own "evo" to test the engine.
you can treat few KL taikor penang char keow teow. hahaha..

i not sure how long that waja been spitfire, is not good for engine internals.
don jump to conclusion yet.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
VR too big and heavy, they transfer the technology over to lighter body.......lol
Actually CT9A is not that light, about 1.4 tons curb. How heavy is your VR? Couldn't remember my Eterna curb weight. It felt heavy coz NA not much power, and the handling was soft with more laggy steering.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
rim is 17"x9jj
sorry i picked a random post to tag you... theres one question we forgot to ask.... this unit, can tukar nama without any hanky panky?

Actually CT9A is not that light, about 1.4 tons curb. How heavy is your VR? Couldn't remember my Eterna curb weight. It felt heavy coz NA not much power, and the handling was soft with more laggy steering.
old lancers were light and small compared to the galant.... they just got fatter as time went by..... overeating... ours just under 1.4 yea, but the evo X fuhh, its so heavy i got a minor shock finding out it weights in a almot 1.6 tons

Reactions: vr2turbo

nw111

Known Member
Feb 13, 2018
Terra dei Motori
Those are lancer cedia's... That's something you can swap floors with, the waja is a completely dif chassis, u cannot make a Waja look 100% like a EvoThe pillars and everything won't allow it to look like an evo , those Evo converts are are lancers... The waja is not a lancer, it's a completely different car,based off some Volvo design.

Waja 4wd I'm not saying cannot be done, I'm saying if done, it would be best to stay away, that kinda thing is basically a completely custom job, unless you know for certain the guy who did it knows his stuff, keep away, god knows how the guy designed everything underneath (remember unlike lancers the waja never was available with a 4wd floor plan)

MR peaks I'm not sure, but stock gsr 456789 I'm very sure peaks at 1.3. that I'm 100% sure.
Ah yes... I remember. The Waja was based on (made for Europe) Mitsubishi Carisma (didn't have any charisma at all & didn't sell well).

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
old lancers were light and small compared to the galant.... they just got fatter as time went by..... overeating... ours just under 1.4 yea, but the evo X fuhh, its so heavy i got a minor shock finding out it weights in a almot 1.6 tons
Exactly, According to wiki, VR4 just pass 1.4, earlier Lancer 1.1 to 1.2 only. As they grew older put on weight back to 1.4......hhahahhahahhaa

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yeah it probably has an internal wastegate already..because he told me it is complete stock engine.
He only have boost meter.. any other way to find out about the crank walk?
I read somewhere pressing the clutch and looking at the rpm can somewhat identify crank walk? True for evo 4 engine?
Eh dude - is this a friend you're buying from or a complete stranger? If a trustworthy friend you can probably trust his words to some extent but if it's a stranger get an expert or a mechanic to do a once over for the car. You sound like a deer facing oncoming traffic headlights.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Exactly, According to wiki, VR4 just pass 1.4, earlier Lancer 1.1 to 1.2 only. As they grew older put on weight back to 1.4......hhahahhahahhaa
kay i did not know it was that heavy back then! from wiki 1483kg, dont know what variant... mygod

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
sorry i picked a random post to tag you... theres one question we forgot to ask.... this unit, can tukar nama without any hanky panky?

old lancers were light and small compared to the galant.... they just got fatter as time went by..... overeating... ours just under 1.4 yea, but the evo X fuhh, its so heavy i got a m
Hanky panky involved for endorsement. He say he settle this. Need to endorse to tukar nama

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
Eh dude - is this a friend you're buying from or a complete stranger? If a trustworthy friend you can probably trust his words to some extent but if it's a stranger get an expert or a mechanic to do a once over for the car. You sound like a deer facing oncoming traffic headlights.
He is a stranger.. my friends dont play cars. Im the only one gila kereta. Gila seorang-orang.
Any sifu wanna help me on this? Lol

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Hanky panky involved for endorsement. He say he settle this. Need to endorse to tukar nama
oh not endorsed yet.... if thats the case i would recommend you just skip.

not sure whats ur budget like but there are alternatives. perdana for one is an alternative which cant cost more.

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
oh not endorsed yet.... if thats the case i would recommend you just skip.

not sure whats ur budget like but there are alternatives. perdana for one is an alternative which cant cost more.
He said he can do it but it will costs more, thats why the delay. I dont mind as long as its endorsed and the car is legally mine.

Not really fancy the perdana, because i like the evo 4, ck deskboard, which the perdana dont have..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anybody got this installed?...is it ok?...coz im comtemplating on either GAB soft hard hi lo or Kayaba RS Pro hi lo...significant difference in pricing...GAB @ 2.2k n the Kayaba @ 1.3k++..some of my frens recommended me to go with kayaba as it is not that stiff compare to GAB (note: wife n small baby sometimes ride with me)...

Need advice...thanx..:biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience