Myvi Console and tail lights problem

BAM

Apr 25, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Hello all,

I have a 2005 (I think) Myvi and recently i changed the Head Unit myself without using a wire adaptor from the original connector to the Sony one. Because i didn`t find a wiring diagram anywhere on the internet, i found the wires myself and did all the connections.

Since then, the AC/Heater panel light, PRND2 and the tail lights (when the front lights are on) are not working. The brake lights are working just fine.

Can anyone tell me if there is any connection between the rear lights and the original radio wiring?

Anyone has a wiring diagram for the radio?

thank you in advance

BAM

Apr 25, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Re: Mivi Console and tail lights problem

OK, i found 2 blown fuses, both 7.5A I changed them both, switched on the lights, they worket for half second and blown again the one for the rear lights. It should be a shortcut somewhere?

Maybe i did something wrong when wiring the new radio?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Blown fuse means got short circuit. recheck your wiring.

BAM

Apr 25, 2016
Kuala Lumpur

I know that already. A wiring diagram for the radio would help me alot

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Don't have any wiring manual. Check your power cable tap to where. There should be two main wires. One to power on and one for memory

BAM

Apr 25, 2016
Kuala Lumpur

I got those wright. the memory should be the continues 12v and the acc power should have 12v only when the key is on acc. Apparently, there is another wire for illumination which i don`t know if i got wright...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

There should be a radio fuse, right? and rating should be higher like 10 or 15A. More over there should be another fuse before the HU. Why should it shorting out the tail lights fuse....:hmmmm:

BAM

Apr 25, 2016
Kuala Lumpur

The radio works just well. I remembered now that the 1st time i switchen on the lights after the installation of the radio, the radio restarted (stopped and started again in 2-3 seconds). Damn radio... :)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
This sort of shorting is usually because of ground. If you got the power and trigger power right, then check your grounding. Where did you connect that to?