Myvi Adjustable Absorber

MingFai

Known Member
Apr 18, 2010
P.J Jln Gasing
This Thread Open Behalf My Friend "i am not driving Myvi"

Hi Guys,
Nowdays at market got many adjustable absorber branded is fake and ori... cant see the different...
now i need u guys to help my friend to chose a suitable and not bouncy adjustable absorber for my friend myvi...
pls give him a price and what brand ori or fake...:adore:
TQ.

D.K.Prince

500 RPM
Which ori do you mean? ori from Japan? or something like HKS or TEIN adjustable absorber? both also very costly. There is a adjustable called MINE's adjustable , yeah is not a genuine Mine's from Japan. Made by China , if not mistaken. How about GAB or HWL? is ori from local. By the way I'm not Myvi drive too:) just share idea only.

Cheers

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
If pocket deep enough, go for SS. Otherwise just get normal sport spring and absorber.

By the way, I am not driving Myvi also :)

MingFai

Known Member
Apr 18, 2010
P.J Jln Gasing
owh... my friend need Hi low only..
now de soft hard lebih de.. my vios using gab adjustable how 2 adjust also same hard...
i see those post on mudah.my they sell 1.2k gab hmm..
really costly tien but good brand..

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

If pocket deep enough, go for SS. Otherwise just get normal sport spring and absorber.

By the way, I am not driving Myvi also :)
Spring and Absorber what brand can recomand?
APM the Spring can use ar?
lowerd absorber use which 1?

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
APM? I got one friend tried this brand before, so far he didn't complain about it but not sure on your ride the feeling is how.

p/s: he is not driving MyVi,

he drives Vios

MingFai

Known Member
Apr 18, 2010
P.J Jln Gasing
APM? I got one friend tried this brand before, so far he didn't complain about it but not sure on your ride the feeling is how.

he drives Vios
icic.. then need to trade in and take some other brand and try lo...
but for myvi any comand? coz he is still using the APM spring dint change the absober... not very stable...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Mine, I bought GAB RM1K not more than that...depends on your "friend" needs and requirement. How he wants his myvi to be. Better performance means less comfort.

Titan shock absorbers seem to have a lot of good feedbacks..made in Malaysia from what I was told but not bad. Most of them find it very good and improve handling a lot. As for TEIN I heard it is very stiff.

Price wise I'm not sure. Buy TRD sure best :top: :rolleyes:

Btw, I'm not driving myvi

MingFai

Known Member
Apr 18, 2010
P.J Jln Gasing
owh thanks SF
hmm.. nowdays in the market so so so many local and imported brand sometime i also dun know wan to use which 1 also haha...

SE86

Known Member
Nov 21, 2005
please log on to www.myviclub.com to find more about adjustables. there ot many ppl use different type of absorbers. please read megazines..good absorbers and wrong camber and alignment wll make ur handling more worst. lowerin springs u can use GAB..im using it now and i dun have any problem..just that highway drive not so comfortable..its lowered and when enter corners no problem..GAB springs with original absorbers..

he drives Vios

DJgErM

4,000 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
SIC Turn 7 & 8
www.germ.cjb.net
Mine, I bought GAB RM1K not more than that...depends on your "friend" needs and requirement. How he wants his myvi to be. Better performance means less comfort.

Titan shock absorbers seem to have a lot of good feedbacks..made in Malaysia from what I was told but not bad. Most of them find it very good and improve handling a lot. As for TEIN I heard it is very stiff.

Price wise I'm not sure. Buy TRD sure best :top: :rolleyes:

Btw, I'm not driving myvi
Pimp daddy SF,

TRD is not bad..but the problem is that its over priced..

MF, best way to select abs...if u want comfort + a lil performance...get Twin tube sus type...if u are a hardcore track/touge kaki and can bear with the bumpiness, go for monotube...

thats all i can say...and all local brands are similar..

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Feb 11, 2009
N9
How about Sustec??heard the price quite affordable right??
whre is TS btw??

not to mention he drive Vios....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
DjErM:
Pimp Daddy pula :banghead: :rofl:

Not that experience to be pimp daddy la :rofl:

I heard Titan also not bad wor and is local made. GAB and Titan both also same?

p.s: He is not driving Myvi, he drives Vios

DJgErM

4,000 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
SIC Turn 7 & 8
www.germ.cjb.net
keke..not so experience means got experience la..

GAB is in fact (if i've not mistaken) produced by Top perfect aka HWL's factory...

the difference is titan runs on Monotube abs..better heat dissipation and will be better for track application..

i am running on HWL and its Twintube where is provides certain amount of comfort and performance whenever i want..

running on 10kg/mm linear springs front...back about 4kg/mm..

monotube abs requires less spring rate as it relies more to the abs..

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

if its for VIOS...i would recommend TIEN or HKS

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
No real life experience :biggrin: :rofl:

Oh...didn't know GAB is also part of HWL, I saw HWL in the magazine but wasn't sure if it was good. So, didn't really pay any attention to it.

Provide both Comfort and Performance? Got such suspension? HWL u mean can be adjusted to either comfort or sports?

So, it means the abs will kong faster since it relies on the abs more than the springs?

What about Blistein?

If Altis, what do u suggest? the older model altis. I'm using GAB for the moment Sports & Comfort type.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Once the trademark of an exotic that calls the Middle East home, the full-out, retina-shearing practice of chroming a car is now being done under the banner of charity, which does little to ease the pain on our eyes, especially considering the vehicle in particular that had to undergo this debasement.

Not only is it a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG but...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience