Myvi 1.5 fuel consumption

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I'm seeing the budget la actually. I do have a 2014 City and a cerato at home actually hahaha. Pretty good cars. Cerato is kind of high maintenance in terms of service but the comfort and tech is really good. I find Myvi the perfect car to suit my preferences la so that's why
If your objective is just for the 1.5L and the manual gearbox...

Then do a 1.5L manual Myvi swap into your Myvi... find someone who is swapping their 1.5L manual Myvi to K3-VET.

It's a PnP affair. Works out to be way cheaper + trade in your original 1.3L Auto (or find a buyer yourself, even better).

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Bro, I not potong-ing your steam here. I not sure about myvi 1.5 but for myvi 1.3 manual, i can tell you the clutch unit is quite heavy compare to proton. The reason i can think of might be myvi is using wire type instead of hydraulic clutch. I suggest you do a test drive first before you commit.
I agree with you on this. The clutch on my 1.3 Myvi manual is heavier than my Wira 1.5. The clutch travel and bitting point or whatever they call it is shorter in Myvi as well. But when it comes to gear shifting feel, Wira is much better and precise.

However, I do felt that the clutch on Myvi grips better than Wira. During high RPM quick shifting, when I release the clutch after shifting, I can feel that the clutch on Myvi grips quickly while the one on Wira feels like it slips a little before I can feel the clutch gripping.

Bg2719

Mar 25, 2017
Selangor
Bro, I not potong-ing your steam here. I not sure about myvi 1.5 but for myvi 1.3 manual, i can tell you the clutch unit is quite heavy compare to proton. The reason i can think of might be myvi is using wire type instead of hydraulic clutch. I suggest you do a test drive first before you commit.
Whoa.. I'll definitely go for a test drive before i get it man. Thank you. :)

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Even when brand new? Usually new pressure and clutch plate should be very light. When worn can be pretty heavy
Yes. Brand new still need more effort to press it compare to persona and iriz, which is quiet effortless.

Last edited:

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
I agree with you on this. The clutch on my 1.3 Myvi manual is heavier than my Wira 1.5. The clutch travel and bitting point or whatever they call it is shorter in Myvi as well. But when it comes to gear shifting feel, Wira is much better and precise.

However, I do felt that the clutch on Myvi grips better than Wira. During high RPM quick shifting, when I release the clutch after shifting, I can feel that the clutch on Myvi grips quickly while the one on Wira feels like it slips a little before I can feel the clutch gripping.
Yes. This is the reason I not willing to drive my car in KL. I will drive my wife car instead.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Whoa.. I'll definitely go for a test drive before i get it man. Thank you. :)
Try it first and see how it feels.

Yes. Brand new still need more effort to press it compare to persona and iriz, which is quiet effortless.
Never tried Persona and Iriz before but tried Axia and new Saga. Those two are very light. Even tried before H22A swapped Accord's stock clutch. That was light considering it gives out like 200hp.

Yes. This is the reason I not willing to drive my car in KL. I will drive my wife car instead.
So what do you do with the Myvi then?

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Try it first and see how it feels.

Never tried Persona and Iriz before but tried Axia and new Saga. Those two are very light. Even tried before H22A swapped Accord's stock clutch. That was light considering it gives out like 200hp.

So what do you do with the Myvi then?
My daily ride to office.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Clutch travel and biting point can adjust mah!

Maybe your wira clutch worn, or maybe due to the stronger pressure plate (that is why heavy) of the Myvi get better bite....:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Clutch travel and biting point can adjust mah!

Maybe your wira clutch worn, or maybe due to the stronger pressure plate (that is why heavy) of the Myvi get better bite....:driver:
Maybe can try asking mechanic to adjust it.

Wira clutch is still new. 3 years old only. It has been more or less like that since it is installed.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Maybe can try asking mechanic to adjust it.

Wira clutch is still new. 3 years old only. It has been more or less like that since it is installed.
Your clutch is cable or hydraulic? Cable I think can adjust from firewall in engine compartment. If hydraulic, normally under dash at clutch pedal....:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Your clutch is cable or hydraulic? Cable I think can adjust from firewall in engine compartment. If hydraulic, normally under dash at clutch pedal....:driver:
Myvi not so sure. But Wira is hydraulic. But then again, the Myvi is not my car, so I should leave it as it is. I'm just driving it once in a while.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Oh! I forgot you driving a Myvi too. I was more into adjusting the wira....lol:driver:
I'm fine with Wira's clutch. Just that during quick shifting, it doesn't rebound back as quickly as Myvi after I released the clutch. But at least a lighter clutch is easier to use during normal driving.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
I'm fine with Wira's clutch. Just that during quick shifting, it doesn't rebound back as quickly as Myvi after I released the clutch. But at least a lighter clutch is easier to use during normal driving.
check the bush/ring. maybe worn out dy. After change very light feels, suddenly duno how to shift gear. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

2019 Updated 585hp AMG GT R & 557hp GT C arrives Malaysia!

3.6 secs - Mercedes Benz Malaysia unleashes AMG's latest GT R & GT C! Yes, the 7:10.9 minute Beast of the Green Hell has been updated and is now here at Sepang!

AMG GT R: 3.6 secs / 585hp / 700nm / 318kmh / 4L V8 TT / 7 DCT / RM1,712,888...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience