My XP Pro in my Laptop Crash! KNN!

devil

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
My stupid company laptop OS (XP Pro) was crashed yesterday.
A sudden power shortage now it is crashed!
Now when I boot up from the laptop, It prompt me for safe mode selections , last known hardware changes or normal bootup.
Select any of it, will continue to boot normally (With XP logo running) and appear 1/2 second blue screen which I can not even see whats the error message is about.

Now, my problem would be how can I backup my C:\document & Setting folder. I can put the internal drive to a USD mobile disk to retrieve the data, but I was not able to access the folder with error message access denied.

I need to bakcup my personal files in my documents & my IE address book. If I attempt to reinstall, document & setting folder will be removed. KNN ! :angry:

Anyone experience this and have way to solve thing around? ;) <_< :(

Crashvenom

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
malaysia
Always kena this one.. the blue screen appear for only a second right..
if your read carefully (fast enough) you'll see it said something about memory dump bla bla bla...

what I normally do is just to reinstall the OS and it will work again without losing your current files. No backup needed. Inseet your XP CD and boot it from your CD-rom and select xp installation..REPAIR. It will install XP again on top of your current OS without deleting your current files...
Select carefully, one mistake and everything is gone.

devil

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
No, the msseage appear too fast to be readable! Stupid microsoft!

no, I select that features, Repair, it prompt me for login, go direct to command prompt C:\windows only .. not reinstall without modify data.

If I attempt to reinstall on top of the sam drive location, documents & setting folder will automatic delete.. hmm..

I will try to plug into my usd drive again and use another laptop to cross check the folder again .....sob sob sob!

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Fastest way.
remove the hdd
slot in to portable USD HDD casing
copy everything to another pc
then format the whole HD

devil

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
cannot, i cannot copy document &setting folder.....If I can copy, I aleready format it liao .. sob sob!

blahblah

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Milky Way
www.bernardloke.com
Originally posted by devil@Jan 8 2004, 02:08 PM
cannot, i cannot copy document &setting folder.....If I can copy, I aleready format it liao .. sob sob!
Reinstall windows w/o formatting...and don put the cd that comes with ur laptop..that auto install thing will format everything for u.

devil

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
As part of reinstallation so call security feeature, all existing profile will be delte, which means, the C:\Document & Setting folder that contain my document, IE address book n etc will all gone!

I hv some personal data ni there thus I am reluctant to use that way to rebuild my machine!

Crashvenom

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
malaysia
You can still install on top and it wont delete your files. Trust me..I kena many times already...
when loading xp and it suddenly flash to that blue screen with a lot of word and reboot within a second..after many times I manage to eread that t said something about memory dump like that.

You can use the CD and do a new installation on top of the current OS without deleting your files. Haiyooooo... this is easy to recover. Not much people know that xp can do new installation on top without deleting the files. I try it and it works..not for once but many many times..

Once more. YOU CAN DO NEW INSTALLATION ON TOP OF CURRENT XP without losing your files. TOTALLY SECURED. Geramnya.

devil

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
okie okie!! Thanks thanks!! I will do it tomorrow, 2nite tryto use my USD drive back up those files first just in case, kiasu!! Else all gf's photos gone then mo yi see loh! hahaha!

anyone try out Win 2003? Not sure will it work on my laptop with only P700 with 256MB ram. hehe!

blahblah

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Milky Way
www.bernardloke.com
Originally posted by devil@Jan 8 2004, 05:03 PM
okie okie!! Thanks thanks!! I will do it tomorrow, 2nite tryto use my USD drive back up those files first just in case, kiasu!! Else all gf's photos gone then mo yi see loh! hahaha!

anyone try out Win 2003? Not sure will it work on my laptop with only P700 with 256MB ram. hehe!
Win server 2003? I heard many programs don support it yet leh

seperlinky

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Originally posted by devil@Jan 8 2004, 05:03 PM

i dont think u want to try that on a 256RAM notebook

it will be crawling like snail

nicky5

Known Member
Jan 20, 2004
ipoh ..
booting cd xp pro=first repair after f8 agreement dont press la..
onli press r at secondtime repair prompt.
do not press L for delete and C for continue..
i reinstall almost 10 time everyday..no customer cry lost file also..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The self-styled world cup of motorsports, the A1GP, had a decent formula that could have seen it reach that status had the spec-racing series stuck around longer. It pitted national teams against each other with identical Ferrari-powered chassis on circuits all around the world. Nonetheless, financial turmoil never really left the series and it was liquidated at the end of the 2009 season.

Since the series...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience