My suspension dilemma

gbsaint

Dec 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
The top part of the coilovers at the rear is covered by a square metal. Need to get the extender and only then it can adjust as the extender will pass a small hole.

Damn difficult to explain :D

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Please note that inverted monotube's settings knob is located below. They said there were 20 clicks but when I counted, it was 23 clicks on all 4 shocks.
I learned that clicks doesn't mean shit unless they gave you a shock dyno for each individual shock. Something like this.

How do YOU find FTuned versus whatever you were using before that?

gbsaint

Dec 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Shock dyno?? I don't think f tuned have it. I heard bc and isc also gave shock dyno, but still rides stiff.

Any other shop that does good rebuild or revalve for coilovers?? I know one which my friend recommend, ah sim prs seri kembangan.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I learned that clicks doesn't mean shit unless they gave you a shock dyno for each individual shock. Something like this.
Regrettably, I did not receive anything like that. What's more regrettable is that I do not know how to read that graph you have just showed. Mind guiding me through it?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
So all adjustment in wheel fender....
If all adjust at wheel fender then good. But remove rear seats to adjust? Damn! So troublesome.
Like that get the KW adjustables also better. Can use remote control to adjust iinm or was it only to adjust the ride height I think. Not the damping rate.

Regrettably, I did not receive anything like that. What's more regrettable is that I do not know how to read that graph you have just showed. Mind guiding me through it?
No idea how to read the graph too.

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
Shock dyno?? I don't think f tuned have it. I heard bc and isc also gave shock dyno, but still rides stiff.

Any other shop that does good rebuild or revalve for coilovers?? I know one which my friend recommend, ah sim prs seri kembangan.
A shock dyno is a shock dyno. It doesnt really tell how it will ride on a particular car. For example, all BC shock dyno looks the same. Their adjustable may work on a particular vehicle but not others (hint: generic valving). There are plenty of parameters to be considered when designing a vehicle's suspension (bump travel, wheel motion ratio etc) - so far i only know rcs which measures all this. Others are using guesstimate and gutfeeling.

Fawster provides shock revalving service too.. ask them if they can provide alternative piston that may work better than the stock taiwanese piston.

Its possible to make your ISC feels better but it depends on the tuner's expertise. its not easy like just swapping shims to change the valving.. there are different types of piston too (linear, digressive, double digressive etc), shock oil etc..

If not you will end up trying and trying endlessly :banghead:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If all adjust at wheel fender then good. But remove rear seats to adjust? Damn! So troublesome.
Like that get the KW adjustables also better. Can use remote control to adjust iinm or was it only to adjust the ride height I think. Not the damping rate.

No idea how to read the graph too.
Electronic one, all control by button on dash.....:driver:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
all BC shock dyno looks the same.
Then I call BC shock dyno bullshit, because even Koni shocks have +/- variance between the left and right when it come in pairs. In manufacturing its called tolerance.

NASIOC - View Single Post - BC Racing ER series coilover comprehensive review!

The reason why a shock dyno is important is because the variance. I don't want to explain in my own words since by reading the post I linked gives a pretty good example.

To assume 10 clicks on right and 10 clicks on the left is the same is crap shoot at best.

That's like praying your left ball and right ball is balanced simply because they came in a pair. Guess what? They aren't balanced :rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hmm.. adjusting different damper clicks on the left and right eh? I never thought of trying that. Oh well, already sold. Can't test that anymore.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Electronic one, all control by button on dash.....:driver:
That's more convenient. If adjust from inside the car, isnt that something like air suspension as well? Since can lower it and increase whenever we like.

Farouk mentioned they were coming out with a unit where you can adjust from within the car.

This seems to be the prelude to it.

Mine is fairly easy to access

That's better if can adjust within the car itself.

Front because it's inverted looks like this ..

Have to turn the wheel to reach it.
I think pro & cons, if it is difficult to access to adjust the damping rate, then at least u have no worries of people meddling with your damping rate.

I remember vr2turbo told us that his was meddled with and realised it feels weird and found out that someone adjusted his adjustables when it was parked.

Right vr2turbo?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i currently using 75A Mf bat..now the indicator show black color which mean recharge...so how i gonna recharge it? as i know those bat shop only can use their elec equip to charge up until 60A only...so how to recharge it?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience