My review on kumho ku36, and toyo r1r.

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
previously i tried 30 front and rear. can see the tyres look like puncture already, the side wall folded a little bit. definitely will makan side if drive with that air pressure.. thats y now pump up higher. much better.. comfort wise no difference to me, since r1r is already bumpy. so whatever pressure also not much of difference in comfort haha

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
where to find kumho ku36 these days? many shops dont carry it anymore.. or it is out of production?

recently changed to r1r. first impression it is extremely bumpier than normal road tyres LOL
no matter how soft i set my suspension to be, it is still bumpy as hell
r1r oso u already complaining bumpy as hell... lagi mau KU36? KU36 has even harder sidewalls hahahahhahaha

actually ive heard people complaining saying the R1R has soft sidewalls too.

WPQ800

1,000 RPM
Apr 7, 2008
r1r oso u already complaining bumpy as hell... lagi mau KU36? KU36 has even harder sidewalls hahahahhahaha

errrrr one of them is me la boss..... hahahaha.....

well if u re used to stiff as hell fully adjustable settings.... full bucket seat, chassis bracings, race bushes and all.... then the only thing that could complement these setup will be super stiff sidewalls with super soft compound.... match made in heaven....:biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
previously i tried 30 front and rear. can see the tyres look like puncture already, the side wall folded a little bit. definitely will makan side if drive with that air pressure.. thats y now pump up higher. much better.. comfort wise no difference to me, since r1r is already bumpy. so whatever pressure also not much of difference in comfort haha
Get 2 sets. One for daily drive, one for track play....:biggrin:

WPQ800

1,000 RPM
Apr 7, 2008
Still have to set properly. Too little it will drag the car too..
yup agree, and must monitor/adjust again maybe after 7-10 laps depending on weather n track temp... as air heats up, so will the increase in psi...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
yup agree, and must monitor/adjust again maybe after 7-10 laps depending on weather n track temp... as air heats up, so will the increase in psi...
If less air tyre tent to heat up faster.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

slowly, ur will see more n more people use 15 inch tyre.......Y......cheaper interm of price.....easy to get performance tyre.....
Yup, you actually find extreme tyre in 15" and 17" but not 16".....:biggrin:

dkny

Known Member
Jul 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Serious, R1R is a performance tyre, where they have reinforce the sidewall construction.
Why u wana choose performance tyre while require comfort ride ?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup sifu vr2, so much analysis to be done on those.
My friend tried before using different air pressure. Set one pressure, do one run, then set next pressure test again.
Another also set for track play, a lot of trail and error....:banghead::driver:

jwalker86

Oct 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Serious, R1R is a performance tyre, where they have reinforce the sidewall construction.
Why u wana choose performance tyre while require comfort ride ?
with reference to KU36, SX2 can do the job. performance and more comfortable than KU36 due to relatively softer side wall but still stiff enough for hard corners. my friend and I just did 70 laps in south sepang within 3 hours, the tread seems like new with slight reduction of thread height.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

For me, the first to be released Persona is 2016's most exciting model among the four new Protons. This is simply because the Persona unlike the rest, likely received (and needed) the most work from Proton. The other three are merely improved-on models, namely the Perdana and the upcoming Saga as well as Ertiga.

It was a privilege to be some of the first in the country to see and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience