My rear wiper got problem

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
my rear wiper sux0r .. when i turn it on .. got those noisy sound .. i think the wiper not smooth or something .. what can I do? change a new wiper? since the day my car is out already like that ooo, i hardly use the rear wiper anyway .. only like wipe 1-2 times then i off it.

cyclonite

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
yeah you hardly use the rear wiper that's why the rubber spoil already la. do you lift it up when you park under the sun or not?

Anyway to solve all your problems, get a wiper which uses silicon blades rather than rubber. I know 2 brand that uses silicon. 'Dura Edge' sells 1 piece for more or less RM20 depending on length. It comes with lifetime warranty, silicon blades. Sure no sound, no problem wan.

The other chun brand wiper i've seen is 'PIAA' it's made of carbon fiber for the whole thing and silicon blades as well. There's no lifetime guarantee here but the silicon blades can be refilled w/o buying the whole wiper. This wiper costs RM100 per piece.

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
I hardly use because its too rough afraid might scratches my windscreen.
The rubber might melt under the hot sun?

i actually turn on the rear wiper to let the car behind me to see the car infront of me :lol: , i still can see without using the rear wiper B)

cyclonite

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
not melt la... it 'dries' up the rubber lor... then after a long time it becomes hard already.

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Change your Wiper.. then Apply RAIN X

When applying RainX..
- Glass must be VERY Clean
- Apply RainX and let it dry to a Haze.
- Polish with Clean Cloth (I use Paper towels)
- Polish till no hazzy marks.

It only works that way.. Last time once I did not polish it properly.. Then went to Cameron Highlands.. The glass becomes like very very bad plastic. can only see one white layer...

cyclonite

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
Well, if you use the PIAA silicon wiper I was talking about, it coats the glass as it works so in the future your glass will be just like with rain-x. Rain droplets bead off easilly

cyclonite

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
It's called 'Dura Edge' I've never heard of dura ace before. I used Dura Edge before.

ZephyRed

Known Member
Nov 21, 2003
Sunway
Visit site
Originally posted by cyclonite@Dec 2 2003, 04:05 PM
Well, if you use the PIAA silicon wiper I was talking about, it coats the glass as it works so in the future your glass will be just like with rain-x. Rain droplets bead off easilly
how much issit?

where to get it leh? never heard of piaa wipes

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

bro kc...since you have those knowledge,you can up to your own business...and you should know that...at msia not much detailer like you....few more weeks untill march oo bro ...:biggrin:

HI Ling Reiden
thanks for asking & you really make me to rethink

Msia does have lots of talented people, everyone is gifted in one way or another......
if you have been in many of clinic you would have probably hear me...using Msia Boleh

PEndrive -...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience