My Perodua Kancil : Chromaworks Sidewinder

kennyyeoh

Known Member
Sep 11, 2008
Hahah yeah. Having some headaches trying to center the output hole on the manifold and the input side of the turbo. Bolt overlapping. Well decided to weld in a new adapter of the manifold to make it permanently take td04.

On the wastegate the problem seem to be worse than i tot.. the gate is on the internal side of the housing and the output side is shared with the exhaust.. nothing i cant settle tho, ill be fillinf in the cavity and remachine the housing so the exhaust and wastegate side is isolated. On the EWG its gonna be mounted real close to the rad..

Starkiller

500 RPM
May 19, 2010
Hartamas
Hahah yeah. Having some headaches trying to center the output hole on the manifold and the input side of the turbo. Bolt overlapping. Well decided to weld in a new adapter of the manifold to make it permanently take td04.

On the wastegate the problem seem to be worse than i tot.. the gate is on the internal side of the housing and the output side is shared with the exhaust.. nothing i cant settle tho, ill be fillinf in the cavity and remachine the housing so the exhaust and wastegate side is isolated. On the EWG its gonna be mounted real close to the rad..
hey bro congrats on the revival of the project! Hope to see some mad updates soon :wavey:

kennyyeoh

Known Member
Sep 11, 2008
Kobzng. Thanks bro..

DanzEterna. Haha kancil was offline for 2 years bro.. was playing with my other car.hhehe
. thanks for the compliment bro..

Starkiller.. wah now riding Merc d... what happened to your neo bro? Still keeping that beast?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Knowing how your Mousedeer looks so awesome, I dare not bring my mousedeer near yours during TT :rofl:
Very nice. U may not like ready made JDM Mira Kits, but your custom kit gives a better JDM feel. :top:

kennyyeoh

Known Member
Sep 11, 2008
Hahaha Supra_Fanatics... dun la like that.. its a matter of preference ma.. i have other daily drivers so i can go wild over this baby.. err my front is still JDM only customed.. but soon will be making a complete new front face.. need to accomodate the new fmic..thanks btw bro ;)

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Hahaha Supra_Fanatics... dun la like that.. its a matter of preference ma.. i have other daily drivers so i can go wild over this baby.. err my front is still JDM only customed.. but soon will be making a complete new front face.. need to accomodate the new fmic..thanks btw bro ;)
U just gave me a shop to consider for custom bodykit. Previously I went to one in Sunway. RM3K for bodykit but paint is costly, using glasurit lacquer.

Thought of sending to a fellow friend in zth instead for paint.

Really nicely done la. The design u actually draw it urself? Really good drawing.

kennyyeoh

Known Member
Sep 11, 2008
Really when it comes to custom body then u r at the mercy of the painter most of the time, body shop are good at shaping up the panels but dont really have a good final touch to the finished surface, hence a good painter is essential.. my car was stripped down to metal.. sand blasted to bare metal and reworked up.. cost a bomb but worth every penny when its a collector piece..

Yup i designed the kit myself.. its not the best looking kit in the world but its more satisfying than paying ppl to do it..

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Really when it comes to custom body then u r at the mercy of the painter most of the time, body shop are good at shaping up the panels but dont really have a good final touch to the finished surface, hence a good painter is essential.. my car was stripped down to metal.. sand blasted to bare metal and reworked up.. cost a bomb but worth every penny when its a collector piece..

Yup i designed the kit myself.. its not the best looking kit in the world but its more satisfying than paying ppl to do it..
Using Adobe illustrator? I assume u trace the shape of front, side and rear 1st before applying any bodykit design that u have in mind? Very nicely done.

I think u can print it on T-Shirt LOL!

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam

ok. TD04-09 does share the actuator gate with exhaust. that's why u need to weld a plate to devide them into two row. then makesure the surface of the mouth then is machined flat so no gap when install the dumppipe flange.. a plate 5 mm or above shud be enuff for the devider plate. get a mild steel plate and weld it using oxy-gas weld since the housing may be cast iron. u may use MIG but makesure u not how to pre-heated the housing 1st..

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

the EWG position u can use elbow to mount it abit farther from radiator... n BTW nice custom turbo flange u done there..

kennyyeoh

Known Member
Sep 11, 2008
Using Adobe illustrator? I assume u trace the shape of front, side and rear 1st before applying any bodykit design that u have in mind? Very nicely done.

I think u can print it on T-Shirt LOL!
Yup. Thats what i did back then.. illustrator gives u much freedom to shape lines and is always my preferrence for styling design.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

ok. TD04-09 does share the actuator gate with exhaust. that's why u need to weld a plate to devide them into two row. then makesure the surface of the mouth then is machined flat so no gap when install the dumppipe flange.. a plate 5 mm or above shud be enuff for the devider plate. get a mild steel plate and weld it using oxy-gas weld since the housing may be cast iron. u may use MIG but makesure u not how to pre-heated the housing 1st..

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

the EWG position u can use elbow to mount it abit farther from radiator... n BTW nice custom turbo flange u done there..
Yeah be looking at getting the exhaust housing properly made up as its going to be a part which could be reused in the future. For EWG im going to wait till the turbo has been properly mounted before i proceed to make the downpipe

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yup. Thats what i did back then.. illustrator gives u much freedom to shape lines and is always my preferrence for styling design.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

Yeah be looking at getting the exhaust housing properly made up as its going to be a part which could be reused in the future. For EWG im going to wait till the turbo has been properly mounted before i proceed to make the downpipe
Bro, GTProshop aka monster garage if not wrong is in JOHOR?

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam

what u can do to the actuator valve is install a bracket holder to hold the gate to always open. dont weld it permanently as it cant be use in future if u want to sell it. the devider plate is a no brainer as people can use back actuator n custom dumppipe if there's no EWG.

kennyyeoh

Known Member
Sep 11, 2008
Bro, GTProshop aka monster garage if not wrong is in JOHOR?
Gtproshop has closed down bro.. now the boss is into Cf business

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

what u can do to the actuator valve is install a bracket holder to hold the gate to always open. dont weld it permanently as it cant be use in future if u want to sell it. the devider plate is a no brainer as people can use back actuator n custom dumppipe if there's no EWG.
Im planning to make it a fixed thing.. hehe.. no intentions to sell the turbo anyways.. probably buy a spare to keep rather. thanks for the pointer anyway..

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

u need to put some spacer between those 2 plate...atleast around 1"-2" for easier access to flange bolt/nut

kennyyeoh

Known Member
Sep 11, 2008

front knuckles with oversized balljoints. And custom fitted hubs for rear..

Pomen gtr. Im reversing the turbo bolts so it mounts from the front side rather than the rear side.. making it easier to remove in the future.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

greetings otai2 and sifus...
i just wan to share my b8 probs..
after i use haltech e6x ecu on my b8 turbo engine,2 cylinders running rich 2 cylinders running lean.
i already replace many parts such as plugs,coil,alternator,plug cable,injectors but the problem still occurs.. please sifus.. help me..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience