My oxygen sensor

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Don't ask Toyota la. Go find a generic spare parts shop. If I can find it cheaper will you come to my house and let me charge you to replace it? :biggrin:

Anyway, O2 sensors for smaller cars isn't as scary as the bigger cars. Speaking of which, my Nissan Sylphy O2 sensor costs RM200 at the spare parts shop near my house. I highly doubt the Vios will be more expensive.

1. If you want to check, you need a voltmeter and know how to read it.
2. This is a simple O2 sensor, most if not all mechs can do it.
3. Find a spanner that'll hold the new sensor snugly, WD40 the current sensor - let it soak in, spanner remove it (bit by bit, don't be too aggressive). Unplug it and replace with new sensor and installation is reverse of everything.

Very easy laaa... The biggest problem is finding a cheap sensor only.
Actually got quite a few sure would like to come your house to do it.....:biggrin:

Allexking

Apr 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Don't ask Toyota la. Go find a generic spare parts shop. If I can find it cheaper will you come to my house and let me charge you to replace it? :biggrin:

Anyway, O2 sensors for smaller cars isn't as scary as the bigger cars. Speaking of which, my Nissan Sylphy O2 sensor costs RM200 at the spare parts shop near my house. I highly doubt the Vios will be more expensive.

1. If you want to check, you need a voltmeter and know how to read it.
2. This is a simple O2 sensor, most if not all mechs can do it.
3. Find a spanner that'll hold the new sensor snugly, WD40 the current sensor - let it soak in, spanner remove it (bit by bit, don't be too aggressive). Unplug it and replace with new sensor and installation is reverse of everything.

Very easy laaa... The biggest problem is finding a cheap sensor only.
Can you check for me which oxygen that faulty FOC first ?? Once confirmed, I can buy from Spare Parts shop for Toyota then let you change for me.

Any best price for your installation fee ??

:hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Can you check for me which oxygen that faulty FOC first ?? Once confirmed, I can buy from Spare Parts shop for Toyota then let you change for me.

Any best price for your installation fee ??

:hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:
I don't have an oscilloscope la. Manual way of checking O2 sensor needs a computer. Just note the voltage of the O2 sensor (with engine on) and mark on Excel then plot a line graph. It should look like a smooth curve and evenly spaced out. If any irregular shape is plotted then it's likely spoilt.

As for installation fee, I was kidding la. Just buy lunch :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I don't have an oscilloscope la. Manual way of checking O2 sensor needs a computer. Just note the voltage of the O2 sensor (with engine on) and mark on Excel then plot a line graph. It should look like a smooth curve and evenly spaced out. If any irregular shape is plotted then it's likely spoilt.

As for installation fee, I was kidding la. Just buy lunch :biggrin:
Probably the petrol and toll cost more, depending where you stay.........hahhahahhahaha

Allexking

Apr 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Conclusion

When engine light on, google around to check what caused it. One of it, is about ignition coil. Did manual check on those 4 ignition coil. That moment, all still functioning. Focus on other area that may lead the engine light on. Two foremen checked on why engine light is on.

Both of them also said most probably is the oxygen sensor that faulty. Both also advise must double confirm with those workshop with diagnose meter. Continue drive my car for almost three weeks without knowing the real cause. Last friday evening, the car feel jerk when on D or R, during N no jerk at all. During acceraleration, can feel jerk also.

Early morning yesterday do some manual check on those ignition coils again. Confirmed one of them spoilt.

To be continued later (Rush for works)

[FONT="Arial Na[FONT="Arial Narrow"]rrow"]Continuation[/FONT]

After purchase new original ignition coil costs me RM200.00. Replaced it myself in office carpark. After installed, disconnect the battery (-) terminal for around 5 minutes.

After that start my car to check the jerk & engine light whether still on.

Bingo!!!!!!!!

Both problem rectified

P/S - Above information can be used for those who are facing same scenario with me

Happy motoring
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Conclusion

When engine light on, google around to check what caused it. One of it, is about ignition coil. Did manual check on those 4 ignition coil. That moment, all still functioning. Focus on other area that may lead the engine light on. Two foremen checked on why engine light is on.

Both of them also said most probably is the oxygen sensor that faulty. Both also advise must double confirm with those workshop with diagnose meter. Continue drive my car for almost three weeks without knowing the real cause. Last friday evening, the car feel jerk when on D or R, during N no jerk at all. During acceraleration, can feel jerk also.

Early morning yesterday do some manual check on those ignition coils again. Confirmed one of them spoilt.

To be continued later (Rush for works)

[FONT="Arial Na[FONT=Arial Narrow][SIZE=4]rrow"]Continuation[/SIZE][/FONT]

After purchase new original ignition coil costs me RM200.00. Replaced it myself in office carpark. After installed, disconnect the battery (-) terminal for around 5 minutes.

After that start my car to check the jerk & engine light whether still on.

Bingo!!!!!!!!

Both problem rectified

P/S - Above information can be used for those who are facing same scenario with me

Happy motoring
[/FONT]
Jerking ka? Aisay. I thought what was the original problem. If jerking then 9/10 times it's the coil mah. Rarely ever is it the O2 sensor.

But nice job anyway!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The condition of the car wasn't too bad, it had your daily dirt and grime, paint was also heavily waterspotted and lacked depth and clarity. Lots of Random Deep Isolated Scratches (RIDS) as well. First job was to clean the wheels, or hubcaps in this case, tyres and wheel wells. Tyres were scrubbed twice with Osren Multi Clean(diluted 1:1), hubcaps and wheel wells cleaned with Osren Degreaser FX(diluted 2:1)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience