my Optima suspension probelm~Help

David_KIA-Racing

3,000 RPM
Feb 15, 2005
Pahang~KL
www.mynazakia.com
Now my Kia Optima using 18''wheel...and the rim too big,will hit my car maguard.
then i go mod the maguard to inside...but dun know why still hit dun know where.
and i ask some shop no any product hard adsorber for my car...
so how i can mod my suspension hard a bit...dun gv me rim hit my car again...:cry_smile:
If my car now 1driver n ppassenger then ok,but if rear more 1 passenger then wil it it again.

WHY??my car 4door n luxuly,but jz can sit 2passenger.Oh my god~

Pls Help...

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Why not increase the ride height?

You have to take account of the following factors:

1. 4 passengers
2. 1 full tank
3. 1 full boot - with ICE or daily errants

k3nny

Known Member
Oct 10, 2004
Bro, if i am not mistaken, the current Kia Optima is based on the same chassis and design as the just recently updated Hyundai Sonata EF model..

I have a Hyundai Sonata EF and its running on 18's as well.. I put in HWL MT1 fully adjustable coil-overs for a slight drop and i have not scraped the fender since.

Im now planning to sell the coilovers after about 6 months of use as the Sonata itself is also for sale so its back on its original springs and it scrapes sometimes when under a full load and you hit a bump while turning.

So my coilovers are for sale and im quite sure that they will be a straight fit for the current Kia Optima. :)

PM me for more info like pics etc if you're interested.

k3nny

David_KIA-Racing

3,000 RPM
Feb 15, 2005
Pahang~KL
www.mynazakia.com
Ya...sonata n optima is same.
Ur diving a sonata now??
U mean is u use HWL spring now??
will it no low down ur car body??
Izzit full set front n rear spring??
will jumping or not??

k3nny

Known Member
Oct 10, 2004
Yes i am own a Hyundai Sonata now..

I dont only have HWL Springs. Im using the HWL MT1 Coilover set which is all 4 shocks with the height adjustability and 4 springs at the softest spring rate.

It does lower my car abit but i didnt opt for it to be too low as i didnt want to sacrifice comfort.

The height can be adjusted anytime.

Full set front and rear coilover set(shocks and springs).

So far no jumping as i mentioned that i didnt drop the height too much and that the springs are the softest spring rate they have as i need the car to be comfortable. :)

chek_corolla

Known Member
Dec 3, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
it might not just hit the inner fender, it might hit on the spring support, aka the mangkuk. check that out, if comfirm that the tyres hit on the spring support, u might just wanna consider change ur suspension to coilover type/adjustable suspension so u can have smaller spring support n more constant ride height. and ur last resot is---------> camber......

David_KIA-Racing

3,000 RPM
Feb 15, 2005
Pahang~KL
www.mynazakia.com
k3nny said:
Yes i am own a Hyundai Sonata now..

I dont only have HWL Springs. Im using the HWL MT1 Coilover set which is all 4 shocks with the height adjustability and 4 springs at the softest spring rate.

It does lower my car abit but i didnt opt for it to be too low as i didnt want to sacrifice comfort.

The height can be adjusted anytime.

Full set front and rear coilover set(shocks and springs).

So far no jumping as i mentioned that i didnt drop the height too much and that the springs are the softest spring rate they have as i need the car to be comfortable. :)
wah...sacrifice ar!!Hehe...so how much u wanna sale??U buy new is how much??
where ur location??I'm very very interest~

k3nny

Known Member
Oct 10, 2004
David,

Thanks very much and it was nice to meet you as well. Sorry about not including the height adjustment arms clips/arms in the box as they were in the glove compartment of my car.

I am still waiting on HWL to give me a response on the price and availability of that single missing rubber cap from the rear left side.

Will let you know as soon as i hear from them.

Thanks once again

David_KIA-Racing

3,000 RPM
Feb 15, 2005
Pahang~KL
www.mynazakia.com
Ok la...so i wan asking u the height adjustment ars is got 2??
Erm...and the rubber cap when HWL answer u then pls let me know...
the suspension need service or wat anymore??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Kimi Raikkonen got close to Heikki Kovalainen's new lap record set yesterday, but fell short by less than two-tenths of a second with a best lap of 1:11.189s in his Ferrari F2008. Kovalainen was right on the pace again today at the Valencia circuit, lapping just 0.017s slower than the defending world champion...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience