My honda city cvt gearbox kong!!!!

May 14, 2006
Went up to genting and faced a long jam on the uphill slope.Put the gear lever on D and the car didn't move at all.Honda SC in puchong said that they will wait for HQ to decide whether to let me claim my warranty on the gearbox,else i have to fork out RM27k for the gearbox!My car's mileage is only 60k and I have been bringing my car for services in the honda SC since the first service every 5000km.Warranty is up to 3 years/100,000km.

any owners experienced the same thing before? please share .

webeck948

Known Member
Jul 27, 2006
what???did i read wrongly?RM27k for the cvt gearbox??my goodness...!I once face something similar on my EK3 with CVT, solved by flushed the gearbox but that's just my case!good luck!

amran

Known Member
Dec 11, 2004
EK3 got CVT ? Wow .. i tot CVT was first introduce in H.City.

webeck948

Known Member
Jul 27, 2006
Yes,EK3 multimatic comes with CVT gearbox =)

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
ur city manufactured year?how many years of warrantee given by honda?

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
ur city manufactured year?how many years of warrantee given by honda?
Boss

please refer here....

....... i have to fork out RM27k for the gearbox!My car's mileage is only 60k and I have been bringing my car for services in the honda SC since the first service every 5000km.Warranty is up to 3 years/100,000km.

any owners experienced the same thing before? please share .
This CVT gearbox problem of Honda City is already a wellknown problem. Goto Autoworld.com.my do a search you won't be suprise a whole load of info you can get about this problem.

Well for RM27k u might as well change the engine to some other 1.6 liter engine of honda for half the price and with change for your overseas travel n holidays too. You can get the engine from any half-cut shop.

Last edited:

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
Boss

please refer here....

This CVT gearbox problem of Honda City is already a wellknown problem. Goto Autoworld.com.my do a search you won't be suprise a whole load of info you can get about this problem.

Well for RM27k u might as well change the engine to some other 1.6 liter engine of honda for half the price and with change for your overseas travel n holidays too. You can get the engine from any half-cut shop.
thanks,my concern is dun let them drag this case until ur warrantee expired if let say his car is now 2 years 10 months

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Actuall, not only honda city. This AT transmission problems happened everywhere on Honda. Same goes to other model also.

So far, for AT gearbox durability, Toyota is the best. (with normal services apply)

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
27k is for NEW gbox,...
if warranty, take,...

if not warranty,... then buy recond punya,... i heard abt 5k,...

else,... change masuk inside put do practise transplant

manual

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
change to normal auto gearbox with 4speed better than CVT.....27k is way too scary for a 1.5 car...

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
change to normal auto gearbox with 4speed better than CVT.....27k is way too scary for a 1.5 car...
almost half the worth of the car itself, pengsan

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
thread starter... any news?

sometimes ppl post
1. city GB problem
2. honda EPS problem
3. oth misc problems

but in the end... they just post a pack of lies... when asked about the repair chit given by honda, they backed down and disappeared (rampant in autoworld)

i'm not doubting anyone here but thread starter, if you need useful inputs from ppl here, please provide some more details lah

well, if waranty is still valid just get the GB replaced. if no waranty... try getting recond GB la. a few of my family members are using honda city i-dsi (first batch)... until now... no prob watsoever... dono la.

i'm not a brand loyalist... so if honda cvt gives u shit... u shld make noise la of course. CVT is also used by other brands anyway (mitsu lancer, mistu airtrek, JDM toyota wish, etc)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

:smile: ..i just change my stock turbin to AR60 twin blade type..but the prob is..its seems like my fuel pump cannot support enough fuel...so , anybody can help me what the cost of gtr fuel pump @ others suitable pump & the cost...pls assume me as a newbee in the turbo world, btw the machine is rb20det/manual...tolong ye abang 2X.. :dancing2:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience