mr car???? drive gokart first... :biggrin:

neohadri

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
theoretically speaking it is correct from what my friend told me too:

FF cars: slow in, fast out

FR cars: fast in, slow out

but it depends also on the car behavior and set up I believe
I thot it is another way around..rear wheel driven cars have car weight shift to rear to help rear traction during corner exit

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Its all about balance, its not about how fast u go around corner, it depend on the car setup too, tire, suspension, chasis setup etc. Diff setup the car change the handling characteristic, good set of tire sure can grip better then normal tire, not to mention adjustable vs stock, camber, toe etc... U need to setup the car to your driving style, then learn to control it from there.

keeltha

Known Member
Jan 13, 2011
Selangor
All cars supposed to drive in the way of slow in, fast out no exceptional but if compare all different platform of car on their pros and cons...

FF:
tend to understeer/torque steer because too much work for the front wheel especially when reach about 300hp (WD:60-40)

FR:
or some FMR (front mid-engine Rear wheel drive) tend to turn-in oversteer when hard braking due to the back too light (WD: closest to 50:50)

MR:
most balance platform that can use hard braking for turn in and power on as early as possible. (WD: 40-60)

RR:
The most unstable platform but with 4WD it solved all problems.

4WD:
can be front, mid and rear mounted engine, the car characteristic still effect by above. But it is the most fun platform for engineers to play around with LSD, TC, torque control, DSC, EBD, active suspension, AYC, etc... to make the car behave against their nature.

To our TS, please do look for your car user’s manual check your factory geometry setup, follow and keep driving… and the most fun part for rear wheel drive is… never let go your throttle even you are losing control :dancing:

Last edited:

thomadyeoh

Jul 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi, still figuring achieving the balance before entering, in the, and going out the corner.... I do touge a lot when free
but still a lot to learn how to drive fast but safe.
I usually apply brake when approaching a corner so the front can turn according to my input, maintain the angle of steer in the corner and apply some throttle to shift the weight to back so the rear doesn't over steer and full throttle when straighten my steering.
sometimes the car give me smooth and sometimes it do struggle.
I drove a 4g92p satria cyborg.
is the balance is about how to manage and the way to change the momentum inertia ?
mind to share ? :wavey:
thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Adrenaline_Rush

Known Member
May 24, 2005
Petaling Jaya
Interesting comments...
Like Wfhan, after 2 years owning an Altezza, i'm just starting to understand the car's many faces :hmmmm::dontknow:

Though car layout determines general tendencies around corners, suspension setup and alignment for an Altezza (as for any car) can dramatically change the car's behaviour.

Next, I've come to understand (through much trial and heaps of error) that there is no such thing as a one setup-fits-all formula.

bollinger, thanks for sharing your scary experience and for cautioning new owners. As you tweak and test the various setups, do it safely ya.
Congrats on owning an Altezza :top:

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
One think i learned. U gotta hv the bond with the car.
This ain't any general just buy and drive car.
She needs a solid relationship with her owner. Sometimes, she's like a bitch, sometimes she just makes u orgasm..hahaha...

stepwyew

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
One think i learned. U gotta hv the bond with the car.
This ain't any general just buy and drive car.
She needs a solid relationship with her owner. Sometimes, she's like a bitch, sometimes she just makes u orgasm..hahaha...
Bro ,

You damn rite ......and not only we orgasm....if you transplant to 1jz she will have squirting orgasm
hahahahahahahahahaah

cheers:beer:

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
You damn rite ......and not only we orgasm....if you transplant to 1jz she will have squirting orgasm
hahahahahahahahahaah
Steven..Wfhan only get orgasm driving his Altezza..U getting squirting orgasm ahh..hmmm..I thought only woman can do that..hahaha!! Damn..how come I don't experience any of what you guys experience!!

stepwyew

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
Steven..Wfhan only get orgasm driving his Altezza..U getting squirting orgasm ahh..hmmm..I thought only woman can do that..hahaha!! Damn..how come I don't experience any of what you guys experience!!
Well Eddie ,like what wfhan said

"U gotta hv the bond with the car" and "She needs a solid relationship with her owner"

cheers......

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
hi, still figuring achieving the balance before entering, in the, and going out the corner.... I do touge a lot when free
but still a lot to learn how to drive fast but safe.
I usually apply brake when approaching a corner so the front can turn according to my input, maintain the angle of steer in the corner and apply some throttle to shift the weight to back so the rear doesn't over steer and full throttle when straighten my steering.
sometimes the car give me smooth and sometimes it do struggle.
I drove a 4g92p satria cyborg.
is the balance is about how to manage and the way to change the momentum inertia ?
mind to share ? :wavey:
thanks in advance.
Be smooth! Always keep your hands at the 9 & 3 o'clock position on the steering. :biggrin: That forces you to think of racing lines.

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
aiya.. Eddie... u are gay.... hahah.. just kidding man...

but stephen very geng... i also want squirting thing... hahahha ...

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Be smooth! Always keep your hands at the 9 & 3 o'clock position on the steering. :biggrin: That forces you to think of racing lines.
yeah baby.. i so get use to 9 and 3 o'clock position that now holding the steering at 10-2 position made me feel a bit awkward...
haha..:rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I just installed a Autogauge water temp gauge on my Iswara to replace the old 1(die already)...

then after some normal driving... i found that the needle is pointing between 90c n 100c...

is this optimum temprerature?

i scared wait rev some more my engine has to "enter factory"..

thx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience