My experience on OWS Spark Plugs

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
OWS has spark plugs? Aisayman. There are three major manufacturers that make good plugs, Denso, NGK and Bosch. All others are niche brands with niche 'features' like silver tip or pure copper and all that. You want standard stick with standard brands la. I usually buy from spare parts shops and usually go in with what I want. Don't compromise your decision unless it's the equivalent alternative of a well known brand.

Oh btw, whats the heat range on the plug you bought vs the original?
Bosch isn't in the same league as Denso and NGK in terms of iridium plugs IMO. Best to stick with NGK and Denso, no reason to go with Bosch or anything else since they aren't any cheaper.

The latest stupid brand is AVS. Center electrode breaks off in the engine. Avoid.

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
read ixeo signature...he's selling denso sparks...veloc you should have bought from him...free shipping some more...

i usually get mine from denso warehouse at shah alam glenmerrie...last time bought ik22 was rm45 a piece...today price i'm expecting around rm 50...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Bosch isn't in the same league as Denso and NGK in terms of iridium plugs IMO. Best to stick with NGK and Denso, no reason to go with Bosch or anything else since they aren't any cheaper.

The latest stupid brand is AVS. Center electrode breaks off in the engine. Avoid.
read ixeo signature...he's selling denso sparks...veloc you should have bought from him...free shipping some more...

i usually get mine from denso warehouse at shah alam glenmerrie...last time bought ik22 was rm45 a piece...today price i'm expecting around rm 50...
Wow! I didn't notice. I'll pm you soon ixeo. Let me check my Denso equivalent code first. Definitely need to get a new set.

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

I'm selling BELOW that price. Reason being, no rental paid, no tax paid :biggrin:

Wow! I didn't notice. I'll pm you soon ixeo. Let me check my Denso equivalent code first. Definitely need to get a new set.
Sure.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
im not really a believer in iridium or watever other expensive spark plugs... the only benefit i can think of is longer life... and even then, bleh

says it lasts up to 100k km... key word being "up to"...ive always used cheapo NGK plugs and replaced them every every 10k ...have always gotten good power and FC and wat not.

i did try iridium plugs once... densos....what a waste... kaputed in about 40k km or something like that... in a stock kelisa engine that i barely redline. no power or FC difference etc...

my ex-EF came with NGK XV plugs when i bought it... during my first service with the car, the mechanic said the plugs are still very good and can use.. i insisted on changing... put in cheapo ngk plugs... car immediately felt better too....also tried Bosch Super 4... coz its supposed to last longer (about 50k km)... decent... but i still went back to cheapo NGKs.

im currently using NGK Iridium... simply bcoz theres no other plugs at the workshop when i rebuilt my engine and i malas wanna go to the spare parts shop to get them... once these kaput... will most likely be going for NGK-R plugs... which costs about RM40 for a set of 4.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Longer life is a definite plus when you are changing plugs on a Subaru Impreza... just saying...

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

AVS plugs from where? The AVS logo looks like Yokohama "Advance Vehicle System" logo?:hmmmm:

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

im not really a believer in iridium or watever other expensive spark plugs... the only benefit i can think of is longer life... and even then, bleh

says it lasts up to 100k km... key word being "up to"...ive always used cheapo NGK plugs and replaced them every every 10k ...have always gotten good power and FC and wat not.

i did try iridium plugs once... densos....what a waste... kaputed in about 40k km or something like that... in a stock kelisa engine that i barely redline. no power or FC difference etc...

my ex-EF came with NGK XV plugs when i bought it... during my first service with the car, the mechanic said the plugs are still very good and can use.. i insisted on changing... put in cheapo ngk plugs... car immediately felt better too....also tried Bosch Super 4... coz its supposed to last longer (about 50k km)... decent... but i still went back to cheapo NGKs.

im currently using NGK Iridium... simply bcoz theres no other plugs at the workshop when i rebuilt my engine and i malas wanna go to the spare parts shop to get them... once these kaput... will most likely be going for NGK-R plugs... which costs about RM40 for a set of 4.
My VR ran normal plugs, then 4 electrodes, then platinum, then iridium not back to platinum. Iridium just too costly....

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Longer life is a definite plus when you are changing plugs on a Subaru Impreza... just saying...
For cars that are difficult in changing/servicing the plugs, these longer life plugs are a must.....:biggrin:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
ive stopped using all these performance plugs long ago, std plugs performs better den some of them imo

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I've pmed you ixeo

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
AVS plugs from where? The AVS logo looks like Yokohama "Advance Vehicle System" logo?:hmmmm:
Cap ayam Malaysia... they got fuel pumps like Walbro..radiators..sell very expensive too! But a lot of resellers pushing it online.

ive stopped using all these performance plugs long ago, std plugs performs better den some of them imo
Personally, for me, not so much about performance, more for the convenience. I've been on the same set of denso iridium power plugs since 2011 in a turbocharged machine.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Agree brother, If google also many just same use the proper heat range is more important than the plug makes.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not if you drive a Nissan. Dismantling intake and manifold everytime to replace plugs is not funny
Read my post #23 mah!

Here....
"For cars that are difficult in changing/servicing the plugs, these longer life plugs are a must.....:rofl:"

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan

yupe,what madman said, copper plugs are the best. but for my case,its hard to find BKRE plug with Heat range 7, all selling heat range 6.

My only source is from antupocong(the guy driving polo gti), the last time i ask to buy from him also dont have stock. So i bought iridium plug as the second next best thing.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As per title, which car drive or handle better?

-neo
-EF, EG, EK (all same?)
-beemer (any specific model?)

i am surveying for secondhand car now, thx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience